mosque

beagle

Name
bob
I want to price cleaning carpets in a mosque. The carpet consists of 3 foot wide runners laying side by side . They are about 20 feet long . The carpets looks like the standard runners that are seen on stairs and in older homes in the hallway . I did a burn test and it burned down with a black smoke. It must be some kind of blend. Has anyone had experience on this type of situation?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i priced a mosque once......
after being rudely ordered to remove
my shoes before entering......
all i got were extremly rude looks while roll-a-tapeing the size........
i got very bad vibes.......and extracated mysef from the building and burnt rubber getting outta the parking lot.....fast!

Reactions: Russ T.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I'd stay away...unless they wanted to pay the RIGHT price.

And no, I will not remove my shoes.

Just like I refused to call the catholic church folks by their title names. "father" and other names- I told them -do not apply to me.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Workplace health & safety issues require that I must wear my shoes at all times I am on the job.

If they wish to call me Your Holiness, I will call them by their chosen name.

:pig:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I did a local mosque the Iman bought my son and I in and out for lunch and we carry shoe covers and offer them to who ever wants a pair but we wear them the whole job. A little negative vibe from some of them, but a few were cool.

I look at it as who am I gonna hit in the face with my wand first if someone gets freaky!

Ps no one got freaky!

Reactions: Willy P

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
And no, I will not remove my shoes.
Ohh yes you would...they have a little foyer at the entrance that has racks and ranks of places to set your shoes

i did a Hindu temple once that i swear you could see the curvature of the earth...eight armed monkeys and an elephant at the main shine will is never walked on.....AT ALL!

red candle wax EVERWHUR

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Ohh yes you would...they have a little foyer at the entrance that has racks and ranks of places to set your shoes

i did a Hindu temple once that i swear you could see the curvature of the earth...eight armed monkeys and an elephant at the main shine will is never walked on.....AT ALL!

red candle wax EVERWHUR

No I would not.

Been there and stated the fact that I wouldn't take them off. ..and walked away calmly.

Hey if I can't expect them to come in and do work on my church property and conform to all my requirements, I have the right to not go with theirs.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i took my shoes off for $3500.00.............Hindu Temple

it was a three day job in the middle of winter and i felt lik eating that month and it was close to thirty years ago

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
I did a Hindu temple and just wore shoe covers. No problem, I just explained that I couldn''t be walking around on the stain remover without shoes on and they understood.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I love my Mosque accounts.

I started with one 4 years ago, and now have 5.

The ones I service are not so much what many would consider a traditional Mosque, but more like community centers that center around the Islamic faith, so naturally they require large open carpeted areas for daily (5X a day) prayers.

They take their carpet and rug hygiene very seriously, so they don't require frequent service, but like clockwork, they all get serviced right before Ramadan, and I look forward to the nice income boost during that time.

I am not ignorant to the fact that they don't want shoes on the carpet for several reasons, including that they bury their face in them 5x a day, which makes perfect sense to me, so I have always taken my shoes off during estimates without being asked, and consider it a no-brainer, as this simple courtesy may have very well landed me the accounts.

I see no logic in anyone letting their religious intolerances get between them and their wallet, but to each their own.

I'm in business to make money, and lots of it, and have no shame when it comes down to it, so I'll strap on a pink bunny outfit to clean if your paying the right price.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Yeah we take anyone's money too, if they don't force the issue and pay the right price...sorry guys I just got a little heated a few hours earlier..

a few hours before it started hitting the american news outlets... I saw some non english/american news and some stills of the video of the apparent beheading of James Foley...which kinda made me upset.

But I still say when I was confronted about the whole shoe issue: walked away and told them the next guy will probably be better.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'd clean for them because I need to feed my family, but I'm aware how they feel about "infidels"...just sayin'.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Some info on what the Koran teaches:

http://www.wvinter.net/~haught/Koran.html

I would be wary or any English "translations" of the Arabic language, especially of a particular book of teaching which prohibits translations of it's contents to any other language as to not loose it's esoteric meanings, or be manipulated by other disingenuous influences.

The Koran can ONLY be in Arabic.

Name
I'm Rick James
I do a mosque 3-4 times but the one we do sounds a little different.

View attachment 5343

Do you guys usually just walk in your customers house without shoe covers on when they have a no shoe policy at their house?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
so..........did anybody actually read the fooken question?

Runners, 3 ft by 20 ft.

I charge .50 cents a foot for runners for normal soil.

I'd charge extra for this situation by the sounds of it.

Name
BradFenstermaker
We just wear shoe covers while on the carpet. Moving blanket at the door for staging equipment.

1 man changes or removes covers win making a trip to the van.

4000 sqft of clean carpet compared to most commercial work. I will take it.

Run an acid rinse only. Once a yr.
paid upon completion.

Reactions: SamIam

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
"I see no logic in anyone letting their religious intolerances get between them and their wallet, but to each their own."

There will come a day when we will all know how intolerant THEY are. How quickly we forget.

Sorry Fred, couldn't help myself.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
I aim to please and respect. I respect all people. Religions and their beliefs. Also the environment needs to be comfort that to me is a great work place.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
"I see no logic in anyone letting their religious intolerances get between them and their wallet, but to each their own."

There will come a day when we will all know how intolerant THEY are. How quickly we forget.

Sorry Fred, couldn't help myself.

Fear and ignorance are the fuel of bigotry. I do lots of work in the Moslem community. I can say I've never been treated unkindly, I've been paid fairly and treated with the utmost respect as I treat them. Last week I did one gentleman's home who was the local head of fundraising for ALS. He's good friends with the evil Gordy Howe whose wife Colleen passed away from the disease, in fact Mr.Hockey stays at his home when he's in town.His brother is a prominent cardiologist, his mom a sweetheart. The family arrived in Canada completely destitute after Idi Amin threw them out of Uganda.They saw opportunity, worked hard and succeeded.
http://www.akdn.org/akf

Last edited:

Edward

Name
Edward
Brad has it figured out. Just clean it and get paid. Call them what ever they want to be called.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
For heaven's sake.
You respect them and their traditions at their place of worship, just as you'd expect them to do likewise at your place of worship.

Islam as Christianity as well as Judaism and all other religions have very tolerant people as well as intolerant fanatics.
If you actually read all the staff mentioned and advocated in both the new and old testament, you'd blush.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
For heaven's sake.
You respect them and their traditions at their place of worship, just as you'd expect them to do likewise at your place of worship.

Islam as Christianity as well as Judaism and all other religions have very tolerant people as well as intolerant fanatics.
If you actually read all the staff mentioned and advocated in both the new and old testament, you'd blush.

Thank you for the breath of fresh air loaded with a good degree of common sense.

Reactions: Brian H

hogjowl

Idiot™
For heaven's sake.

What staff is that, Odim.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
What staff is that, Odim.

Read this little Dorith: http://www.amazon.com/God-Is-Not-Great-Everything/dp/0446697966

And this: http://www.amazon.com/Letter-Christ...sr=8-1&keywords=letters+to+a+christian+nation

And then tell us about your spiritual experience with the "truth".

For your enjoyment Mardie, as I have nothing but faith in you: Piglet is a fictional character from A. A. Milne's Winnie‑the‑Pooh books. Piglet is Winnie‑the‑Pooh's closest friend amongst all the toys/animals featured in the stories. Despite the fact that he is a "Very Small Animal" of a generally timid disposition, he tries to be brave and on occasion conquers his fears.

P.S. Sorry for participating in the abduction of this thread bob. It may as well be 100 % synthetic {olefin or polyester} (black smoke). Make sure that it does not have a jute core that may cause buckling. Or just test clean one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom