Most economical pre spray?

Stanfo3

Name
Miles
Hey guys. New member here. I’m currently using DSC sure-pass as my go to for cleaning commercial carpet because, up until recently, it was the best value for me and does a pretty good job. My local carpet cleaning supply store is starting to price gauge now though and I’m looking for something else. What’s everybody using and how much is it RTU?
Thanks!

Reactions: Living The Dream

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
Hey guys. New member here. I’m currently using DSC sure-pass as my go to for cleaning commercial carpet because, up until recently, it was the best value for me and does a pretty good job. My local carpet cleaning supply store is starting to price gauge now though and I’m looking for something else. What’s everybody using and how much is it RTU?
Thanks!
I think Cobb powermax is still the most economical it’s a solid prespray and still cheaper than most

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Thanks!
If money is the issue and you have a good, solid machine...Zep is the best bang for the buck

Name
Swani
Thanks!
I've never used the product that you mentioned, so I'm not sure what cost point you need to be at, but using something like Firestorm mixes at 2 ounces per gallon which is pretty reasonable and it knocks the shit out of commercial carpet. You may be able to sweet talk the folks at CTI into a sample, otherwise Excellent Supply is also a great option to purchase from.

LOV3Y

Name
0_o
ive never thought firestorm has done a good job.
ultrapac extreme is a lot better imo.

but then i calculate the cost difference with the proschoice discount and uh, i think about switching back lol

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The most economical prespray is going to be one that works for you. Easy to obtain and cleans like you want it to. Makes your customers happy. Price should always be secondary as in its diluted form, it really doesn't cost you much. Try different products and discover your favorite. Everyone here will have a different opinion.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Another Vote for Cobb's. I can do over 500 residential jobs with a 44 lb. bucket. 2 scoops in a Hydroforce is good for most jobs. $148.00 for a bucket.

Reactions: SamIam
Name
Swani
I love it when carpet cleaners expect top dollar for their service (or cry because they cant charge more) and then turn around and complain about how high their chem costs are.
I didn't see this guy say anything about expecting top dollar or complaining because he can't charge more.

Name
Jeff T
I spent MAYBE 100$ on chems today, couple that with 100$ of fuel, couple that with my time,

And made 5600$….

This is business.

If a guy focuses solely on cost of chems, you are MISSING THE POINT of being in business….

You are selling yourself.

Your time is worth ALOT MORE THAN YOU THINK….

Do Not short change yourself.

Find those that value YOU.

Use the best equipment, and products to complement that mindset….

Otherwise, go work for someone else!!!

Luky

Name
Mario
Another Vote for Cobb's. I can do over 500 residential jobs with a 44 lb. bucket. 2 scoops in a Hydroforce is good for most jobs. $148.00 for a bucket.
I'm a self-proclaimed chemistry junkie; I don't discriminate; I've used DSC products also, but since I don't recall which one, it wasn't working for me in the long term. Firestorm is a beast, and so is Extreme, Ultrapac liquid, and Dry Slurry is fine too. I got five pails of Powermax when it cost $107. I've read a few comments about powder inconsistency, I never experienced any problems, and I believe everyone deserves a fair share of the market. I flip the pail upside down upon delivery, switch it up a few times over the year and use a power drill to mix it up. Power Max has a wet look compared to a Bridgepoint Bio break with citrus solv, but it pulls its weight. I use up to six ounces of my secret mix in 1.5 gals Hydro-force. Haitian cotton, Fine fabric shampoo, and powder for wool carpets are always present: can you say I also like Prochem? Do you guys remember sea weed pre-spray by Masterblend?
I'm a firm believer that pre-spray should be as weak as possible( except in the case of the trashed carpet) not only for budgetary reasons,
but also to help the sustainability of fabric and carpet fibers.
Does anyone love Atomic and Magic Potion( great scent) by Magic Wand Co.?
I used for many years Grease Eater from Magic Wand.
Who has experience using the Matrix brand, and what product would you recommend? I haven't gotten to use it yet.
Saiger's products are heavily promoted on Mikey's board; I like the scent; however, I didn't fully experience the cleaning power so far.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
AH sh*&! you guys are still being boring. I'll buy some ZEp today and show some before/after pics tomorrow

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Saiger's products are heavily promoted on Mikey's board; I like the scent; however, I didn't fully experience the cleaning power so far.

I've never used them, so I can't/won't comment on efficacy.

BUTT..hang around long enough and you'll discover there's a thing I coined as the "board de jour phenomenon"

It happens when one or two of the heavyweight "board stars" starts promoting something they use or sell as great..
all the pack followers jump on the bandwagon and parrot the same

everything from soups to nutz.
Big Boss sprayers
Kunckle valves
Recoil porty (red board days)
Mytee M5 porty
Rotocrap
HOSS RE

Juices;
Powermax
Judson 02
Judson S&G
Bridgepoint Flex
Prochem Extreme
Saiger's tweak on Harvard chems

and don't get me started on wands...

that's just a few of the "de jour" pool that rose to fame
Some of them were good, some were garbage. (02 cough..cough)

The wise and observant 10%'er will sort it out in their first 3-5 years on the carpet.

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Thanks!

how long you been in biz, Miles?

I discovered along the way, the "best" juice is the juice you can count on to give consistent results.
Add to that, strong consideration for easier rinsing away.
(some pre-sprays don't rinse so well) ...leaving sticky residue for rapid re-soil

I discovered price/cost should be the bottom of the list of considerations.
Efficacy, consistency, efficiency, mixability, rinsability should be top considerations...cost last

I've tried and evaluated (in the "real world) most all the juices from the "name brands" to a handful of independent and "bathtub gin" makers.

Prochem was and still is the "gold standard" and what we used primarily for 30 years....because it's "just that damn good".

as far as price increases...
The world reaction to covid screwed up the world irrevocably in many ways.
Adapt and overcome

..L.T.A.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Dolly and Nomad listen to...An also remember this-I love it when carpet cleaners expect top dollar for their service (or cry because they cant charge more) and then turn around and complain about how high their chem costs are. An 99% of us had to pay for Pre-Spray Michael ...So ya were idiots...lol. Unless you can convince Blm to loot Cleaning Supply houses.

Reactions: Luky

Luky

Name
Mario
I've never used them, so I can't/won't comment on efficacy.

BUTT..hang around long enough, and you'll discover there's a thing I coined as the "board de jour phenomenon"

It happens when one or two of the heavyweight "board stars" starts promoting something they use or sell as great..
all the pack followers jump on the bandwagon and parrot the same

everything from soups to nutz.
Big Boss sprayers
Kunckle valves
Recoil porty (red board days)
Mytee M5 porty
Rotocrap
HOSS RE

Juices;
Powermax
Judson 02
Judson S&G
Bridgepoint Flex
Prochem Extreme
Saiger's tweak on Harvard chems

and don't get me started on wands...

that's just a few of the "de jour" pool that rose to fame
Some of them were good, some were garbage. (02 cough..cough)

The wise and observant 10%'er will sort it out in their first 3-5 years on the carpet.

..L.T.A.
Your words sound like good rock music to me. There are a few manufacturers and chems that I didn't mention, (but tried) and the same hype applies when comes to the equipment . Who wouldn't like to get electrocuted while operating ETM in the rain? The motors can run 500-1500 hours if maintained right ,on and on.
Just like you said, everyone has to be able to decide for themselves in which direction they want to head. It's easier not to fall victim to trends when it comes to equipment selection because of the price sticker. Sometimes even this is not the case; when we get more comfortable, we think we need all that bull crap. I'm guilty as charged, so I carry double of most the tools, for example I got three upholstery tools, pair of rotary tools, spot lifter and large water claw. To me, this is okay, each tool for a different occasion and it feels good to be able avoid Murphy's law and keep going when one tool fails. But this is a conversation for an additional time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom