Most Powerful Rotary Jet Extractor

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ya know if you bought the 360i recently its lighter and you use it I'm sure your fine and you don't need to buy another tool, My opinion is they gather dust because like Mike said in the video its slower then wanding!

Maybe being older your going slower reducing streaking?

I know I hate my rx20 and drymaster they sit in the garage. after those purchase's its hard to pull the trigger on something else.

I would love to try the 360i 39 lbs machine to see if its less fatigue and how it cleans.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mikey P

Administrator
My HOSs does not have all the latest features ( narrower handle, five large spray bars, flat plastic glides but as it it they are almost identical but the XLR is smoother to operate

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
actually no, they appear when you use the 360i in a straight side to side fashion, much like my guy is using it in the video.

If you use a clover or figure 8 pattern you can avoid the streaking for the most part. My suggestion would be to rake out the room before moving on cause it's real easy to miss small areas if you use a random pattern.

Very true.

$500 to upgrade to the quad head is kinda steep IMO. I wish I could trade my 3 jet head for the quad, or better yet 360i for the XL.

I can get awesome results with the original head but I know exactly what Mike means about the streaking. You have to be incredibly careful or it will look funny after raking. Some spots just don't look as clean as others.

A rotary that doesn't streak, or require a dry pass...now that would be great!

I'm about to buy one of those brushes for my 175 from Cleanfreak.

The Clean Machine of Iowa
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

beagle

Name
bob
No way is the 360 slower than wanding. It does a much better job and the carpets are much dryer .

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Very true.

$500 to upgrade to the quad head is kinda steep IMO. I wish I could trade my 3 jet head for the quad, or better yet 360i for the XL.

I can get awesome results with the original head but I know exactly what Mike means about the streaking. You have to be incredibly careful or it will look funny after raking. Some spots just don't look as clean as others.

A rotary that doesn't streak, or require a dry pass...now that would be great!

I'm about to buy one of those brushes for my 175 from Cleanfreak.

I have yet to see the Hoss streak........dry pass just depends on what your cleaning....most the time I just brush it out..but you do have to watch the thicker piles...they require the dry passes......when I run into those..I find it easier and faster that after I cut in the areas that the Hoss could not get to with the wand....I just run a dry stroke over it..

Reactions: Russ T.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I love my hoss, I bought it last year when they were offering the mikeys board discount. I believe it's the newer version. I'm running it with my rage, and it still awesome!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

wilpath

I'm committed to my 360i...for now. What's the best place to buy that quad head? Is it possible to trade the original triple head for it?

thats why it s important to wait it out ,, be patient,, i run a prochem everest with ti wand decked out,, a rotary is most likely ikn my future,, but we will see when a;; the dust settles who is the winner

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
A couple thoughts after viewing Mike's thread on the XL fix.

I noticed the jets are placed very far away from the vac shoe that would be first to pick up the spray. Why not shift the jets to a position like the image on Russ T. posts?

I also decided to try the staggered jet position on my 360i quad. My jets on the short nipples are positioned closer to the vac path than on the larger XL. I also tilted the short jets toward the vac path. I will see how that goes.

Mikey P

Administrator
20140612_092821_zpslkzmu8ve.jpg

Comes with a matching shroud and extra glides

http://carpet-cleaning-equipment.net/rotovac-360i-15-kit.shtml

$450 delivered.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
The whole premise of this thread makes no sense. The most powerful rotary jet extractor is the one hooked up to the most powerful TM, just as the most powerful wand is the one with the most heat and psi and CFM, that is, it is hooked to the most powerful TM. It is not what you should be asking. The question should be is, what is your go to rotary jet extractor for the jobs you do. I like the 360i with the 3 swoop heads. It kicks out the jams on all the residential jobs I mostly do and makes the custys swoon. It works fine on commercial jobs, even 10000 sq ft ones, it is just not a smooth floater like a lot of guys like; it's aggressive and digs and works.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
The whole premise of this thread makes no sense. The most powerful rotary jet extractor is the one hooked up to the most powerful TM, just as the most powerful wand is the one with the most heat and psi and CFM, that is, it is hooked to the most powerful TM. It is not what you should be asking. The question should be is, what is your go to rotary jet extractor for the jobs you do. I like the 360i with the 3 swoop heads. It kicks out the jams on all the residential jobs I mostly do and makes the custys swoon. It works fine on commercial jobs, even 10000 sq ft ones, it is just not a smooth floater like a lot of guys like; it's aggressive and digs and works.

Obviously what any tool is hooked up to will make a difference. But vice versa also is true. A wand you mentioned may have the same "heat and psi and cfm" at the wand as a different style wand, yet clean better. Heat, agitation (psi), flow, lift, air speed, at the carpet/wand interface can be quite different running off the same machine. One wand will clean better than another wand.

The reason or point of the thread title was inspired by a computer commercial many years ago. I think it was Apple that was making the point that the most powerful computer was the one people were most willing to use, rather than coming to that conclusion based on CPU or amount of ram. My thinking was that the 360i Quad was light and easy to use, so it might get used more frequently compared to a heavier RJE. Thus more powerful in that sense rather than how fast it cleans.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Mikey P

Administrator
I like the 360i with the 3 swoop heads. It kicks out the jams on all the residential jobs I mostly do and makes the custys swoon. It works fine on commercial jobs, even 10000 sq ft ones, it is just not a smooth floater like a lot of guys like; it's aggressive and digs and works.

lol...you like that best because that all you have.

I've had every version of all the Rotovacs. the XL is so far away superior it's not even funny.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
lol...you like that best because that all you have.

I've had every version of all the Rotovacs. the XL is so far away superior it's not even funny.

Thanks Mike. The weight of the XL puts it in the same category as the other large RJEs, that is, it will be more difficult and awkward to bring in and use in certain instances. I own a RX-20 and this little Rotovac outcleans that tank; and I tested the 360i against the Hoss and both Eric (Zipperman) and I prefered the 360i on the commercial job we were on. A big advantage the i has over the XL is that you can clean a trashed flight of stairs with the swoop head 360i. Since stairs are usually the most heavily soiled area on a job, it seems stupid you can't clean them as well as the other areas when using your XL. But you could always go out to the truck and get your 360i to finish the job. Yeah right.

Mikey P

Administrator
Yes Art...
We all remember the ONE TIME you compared the HOSS to the 360i.

I tried using the 360i on a staircase once.

Once.

Never again.

Hard for me to take your opinions seriously now when you think prevacuuming is unnecessary..

Reactions: Cleantechsk

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Yes Art...

I tried using the 360i on a staircase once.

Once.

Never again.

LOL. This is why I dominate my market. I'm not homosexual and pathetic. Just be glad I don't operate in your market.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Well that was uncalled for.

I guess I'll retaliate with.

My area's man hating Sisters can sniff out a drunk driver from a mile away, you wouldn't stand a chance.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
I'd love to see a video of you running a 12 inch head on a 10 inch step

I will make one. I'm getting a GoPro for a birthday present. As soon as I can figure out the whole process of broadcast videos I will be hell on wheels.

F

FB7777

Art , have you always been this stupid or has alcohol rotted your phucking brain?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom