motel bids

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
I got a call from a motel close to the house 80 rooms i cringed but went anyway.
80 rooms hallways and common areas and breakfast area i figure 2 trucks most of the day.
So i asked her what she has been paying 725.00 for the whole thing.But she is really not happy with last job they did.
When is this going to end,I was double that and walked told her we would do a great job and left it at that.
When are these guys going to learn.NEVER I GUESS

Reactions: Jason del Norte

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Same thing here. I ask over the phone how many rooms. What are you paying? Are you happy? Are you willing to spend more? The answer is always no. National and regional companies have sent $10 hour techs to clean many franchise systems. Sure some will pay more. Most have been conditioned just like apartments to low cost. If you can build your business model to that I am sure their are those that on volume do well. The question is do you as a o/o or small 3-5 truck company want those type of acconts. We do some but select not all fit for us. Take what you can and move on. Good luck.

Reactions: Jason del Norte

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
Problem is these General Managers want $30 dollar per room quality but can only get enough budget to pay $5. I have done many Fairfields around that price and made good money when they approach me to clean them CHEAP. I explain upfront we are not HWE for that price, and I bring a friend and 2 cimex's. It equals out to $180 per hour and can be done in less than 5 hours. Problem is I am learning that after a few years the rooms must be extracted, and at that point they still can't get approval to pay the price required to do the job "right". So they either keep doing them cheap or they have to decide if they want to pay 3-4 times more. Most don't, but they don't mind complaining about how you can't get it "clean" anymore lol.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom