Movin' Next Door.......

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Moving out of my small garage, which is full of my stuff AND my kids! Moving around back to a 2000 SF open room with 12.5 foot ceilings, and a 12x12 door. Has a comode with a shower stall. I will be able to get into area rug cleaning with a pit, and plenty of room to hang and dry, and not be tripping over things. $400 a month with separate utilities. That's $.20 a sf a month.

Will post some pic's when I get the power on. I also have to pick up a reduced pressure backflow valve for the water meter, which froze over the winter. All commercial properties must install a backflow system to separate from the city water system. Can finally strech out and get my PC Performer tore apart to rebuild and not have to move any parts I take off.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Robert, what do you think you spend on utils at current space and how big??

400 bucks seems like a steal!

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
rwcarpet said:
Moving out of my small garage, which is full of my stuff AND my kids! Moving around back to a 2000 SF open room with 12.5 foot ceilings, and a 12x12 door. Has a comode with a shower stall. I will be able to get into area rug cleaning with a pit, and plenty of room to hang and dry, and not be tripping over things. $400 a month with separate utilities. That's $.20 a sf a month.

$400 bucks are you kidding me!!!??? Out here you'll be lucky to find a 100 sqft SHARED office space on the 2nd floor, all the way at the end of the hall w/ a chair/table, in the middle of nowhere, FML... :evil: :evil:

Congrats :|

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
Good for you, we're moving from a 3 car to a 2 car garage gotta get rid of a lot of carpet junk.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
jcooper said:
Robert, what do you think you spend on utils at current space and how big??

400 bucks seems like a steal!

I guess it depends on how warm I keep it during next Winter. I will probably section off what I'm not using during the coldest months. My Son's are going to share the cost so that they have a place to work on their hot rods! It has radient heaters now, and they warm up the place right quick! I will also spend some time insulating it or the Summer. I'll probably end up buying the whole building.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Lee Stockwell said:
Oh I see THAT filling up faster than you'd think.

I'm jealous.

Lee....I hear that! By next year I'll probably be tripping over stuff on the floor, and barely have enough room for my van and TM.

My one son want's to move his band in there for practice.

Connor

Name
Connor
rwcarpet said:
All commercial properties must install a backflow system to separate from the city water system. .

Yep, they require that here too. Funny when they make accountants and lawyers do it.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
tmdry said:
rwcarpet said:

$400 bucks are you kidding me!!!??? Out here you'll be lucky to find a 100 sqft SHARED office space on the 2nd floor, all the way at the end of the hall w/ a chair/table, in the middle of nowhere, FML... :evil: :evil:

Congrats :|

This area sat empty for years, so the landlord is thrilled to get me in there at a month by month lease. My current garage is a 3 car, 2 door unit at about 8-900 sf, with a mandoor, just around the corner. I already have some one to rent it at $250 a month.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
$400...with radient heat???

my goodness....spoiled....

if i could track one down around here like that i would be all over it....around here meaning with in 10 mins

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
floorguy said:
$400...with radient heat???

my goodness....spoiled....

if i could track one down around here like that i would be all over it....around here meaning with in 10 mins

This is 5 minute walk from my house. Usually take the dog with me when I have to put the van away on cold nights, and she gets her poop in before we get home.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom