moving up from an entry level tm

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I have 2 smaller tm's I have been happy with but am looking to get a new work horse soon. I really gotta get a number 4 blower at least for longer hose runs. I am looking for a mid level machine my budget will be around 15- 16k. I have went back and fourth and cant make my mind up. I do however keep coming back to the prochem legend gt. Any thoughts or suggestions? Btw propane heat is off the market

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You should have bought the one Mike Hughes was selling, it was a fixer upper but it would have a nice unit once you invested a few thousand in her. You should check and see if if the deal went through.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jon;

I think you will see a big difference in extraction capability with a #4 blower.

In this thread we tested 4 different sizes of blowers with the same wand:

http://mikeysboard.com/forum/showth...nd-TM-Blower-Testing&highlight=blower+testing

The #4MR blower provided the best recovery with a modern 14" wand.

Heat Exchangers have also improved with pressure capability of 1500 PSI, for grout & tile cleaning.

We like 100% stainless designs with a Kohler 34 HP engine providing 230° heat.

Look for a frame, and tanks that are made from non-corroding metals.

Easy serviceability is also important for performing minor service on your new truckmount.

Our candidate for comparison:

http://www4.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=1269

Larry

Last edited:

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
You should have bought the one Mike Hughes was selling, it was a fixer upper but it would have a nice unit once you invested a few thousand in her. You should check and see if if the deal went through.
Im the one that sold that legend to mike hughes. I got it from a buddy at service master in jefferson city mo. I am not great with a wrench and it may have been too big of a project for me to take on. Plus I need a machine that will behave so I know it wont give my employee any problems

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I saw it listed on Craigslist list for $1650.00, even if paid a mechanic to get her back in shape, you'd be money ahead.
No big deal though, plenty of great deals out there. Have you checked with Olson or used on JonDon?

Last edited by a moderator:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
why no propane??

cuz i bet you could get a judson with no hoses...(assuming your keeping your own)

K

KP

I have looked at some of the homegrown, tm's and the main thing I dont like is the bleeder hose system that regulates heat

I only know of solenoids,(except for a namco)and you can have it dump in either a fresh or waste.They can also put a diverter on as well.There is always propane,but most are uncomfortable with it.Dont limit yourself,prochem still uses solenoids and a diverter as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Im wanting to buy a new machine unless I can find a used one thats in like new condition. My main thing is that I need somthing simple for an employee, machines that divert water scare me because I have had them fail and I dont want a tech to blow my van up because he stopped to answer a call from his girlfriend. I think a judson might be ok but rather than a little giant I would run kero through a powerwashing heater ( I guess that would apply for tcs also)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree Jon, secondary fuels are just one more pain to deal with. If the tech doesn't keep the tank full he run's out of hot water, not to mention the time wasted fetchin the fuel that you still have to pay him for and the cost of the fuel. We used propane for decades, it's safe gets good and hot and works well but it's old school, there is better technology is available now.

Totally different story if you're an owner op, but employees.....heat exchange tends to work out better.

K

KP

I was talking about an exhaust diverter.You either have to divert exhaust or water or both,it is reality with an exhaust hx.The simplist heat is coolant hx,that is why you see most companies with employees, choose a DD

K

KP

Coming up on 20,000 posts..Id say you were old and lonely:razz: Or Corky on Chabez's puter.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Old yes, lonely NEVER. :winky:

20,000 I guess I need to shut up more and let you youngin's fook it up on your own huh? :p

Good to see you back Kevin! :icon_cool:

Oh by the way, how long did the booby hatch keep you this time?
You can hardly see he scars from the lobotomy, nice work! :very_drunk:

K

KP

I am not that young Richard,and thank you for that big load of blue pills you sent me because you finally finished the "change over" and are really in no need:eekk::biggrin:

K

KP

:eekk: OUCH! All those pills you got....not me that send them.

I'm old but not that old to need them....yet! :errf:

Must have been Jimmy then:icon_redface: and of course you dont use them Richie,there for men...haha J/K

Sorry about the hyjack on the thread,but as I stated earlier,the boutiques have safties built into them as well,so research them too.

Vinnie

RIP
Name
Vincent Annunziato
Call Ben at Amtex, for the money your looking to spend he could set you up with a NEW mach. #4 blower. And it will be smoking hot.

racebum

only thing i've noticed about the legend is they don't have any resale. it seems like the peak and everest are where the demand is. for the money you're looking at the boxxer 421 could probably be had if you argue with jondon and pay cash.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom