MR Steve SFS Toburen you are really out of touch

Bjorn

what the rich are not so rich anymore?"
Posted By Steve Toburen on 3/28/2010 at 5:37 PM
I think the problem, Steven, is that a lot of people don't "feel as rich" as they did four or five years ago. (this may not be an altogether bad thing.) Many experts say this has been much more a recession caused by emotions than actual financial problems.

Of course, at the end of the day it comes down to one basic point- people not spending money on discretionary items and for sure carpet cleaning falls square in the middle of "discretionary".

Steve

PS Look for two upcoming ICS articles from me on the challenges of dealing with the new price haggling "Value Shopper". It can be done successfully ...

and so full of shit

Lets see most average investors have lost 30% of their investment portfolios I just have to look at my own and only 30% loss is a fuc ken win.

the Government take over of banking and the auto industry

Hummmmmm the housing market

I have had many customers this year have less done in the homes than last year

I have customers with multi million dollar yachts on land this winter

hell even Granger fold it's store here in Bellingham

All over I see nice newer cars for sale by owner

things are getting tighter as tour local goverments are grabbing more and more tax dollars

yes this is all in their minds

"is that a lot of people don't "feel as rich
what you get that gem from me on a clean fax post

hogjowl

Idiot™
You know, it IS possible to disagree with someone without the use of profane language and without being spiteful and mean. Your being a moderator on this board should put you in a position of being responsible and working to insure that this board is not just another crass carpet cleaning board. Instead, you demean the character of a good man who is one of our industries best minds all the while bringing the reputation of this board down a notch or two every time you target someone new to fill you hate quota of the day.

Give it a rest and let this board rise back to the position it used to hold ... well, ought to hold.

Bjorn

yes he does

4MartyTeacherspetmLg.jpg

Bob Foster

I have a billionaire client that I usually do work for on his summer property. His head housekeeper has told me that they have no budget this year for carpet cleaning. She went out of her way that they haven't gone to someone else but have to live with severe budget restrictions this year.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Bob Foster said:
I have a billionaire client that I usually do work for on his summer property. His head housekeeper has told me that they have no budget this year for carpet cleaning. She went out of her way that they haven't gone to someone else but have to live with severe budget restrictions this year.

Sort of like, "If we can't have Bob, we won't have anyone"

That doesn't really help anyone.

That will only reflect on their carpet, not your cleaning prowess.

So next time it is cleaned it will take longer and this should be reflected in the dollars that go into your hip pocket nerve.

I wouldn't call this person a "billionaire client", more like a tightarse moneybag..

That's just my opinion.

Ooroo,

Shortoncashwun. shiteatinggrin

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Terje,
You whine more than a 13 year old girl. Go to work and shut the hell up.
Steve has always been the guy to help out others here and in other places.
Why do you have such a hard-on for him.
Jealous?

I've worked hard not to notice any recession. Haven't seen it yet and I've lived an in BK state.
This industry is as close to recession proof as tobacco, liquor and yes cosmetics. :mrgreen:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian Robison said:
If you don't want to make money get out of the business.

nEVER TAKE aDViSE..From a man that has LESS than an "Ax BlaDe" gap between his eyes..:roll:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian Robison said:

"Where did you get the FAKE avatar.... :? "

I thought your "PLAN" to take over the world ...Would NEVER allow you to own any equipment.

Do you OWN any equipment....OR....are you deceiving the board HERE.... :?:

ps...My spell check..SEZ..You can't even spell your name cOrrEcTlY... :oops:

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I guess these are the economic times that seperate the men from the boys. Being a business owner is a risk and nothing is guranteed . But in these times I have found that it is cheaper to clean and repair than to replace. Alot of businesses have succeeded by turning lemonade out of lemons. I do know one thing crying about it aint gonna do any good. Time to stop making excuses and start making some money play the hand that you are dealt and quit crying like little biatch.

Bjorn

I guess a lot of cleaners have to pay to learn the basics of simple business and interacting with customers like

hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Take your damn hat off

When talking with the customer take the bubble gum out of your mouth ( before you get to the front door )

wear a clean shirt pants and shoes

never shake a woman's hand unless she extends her hand first.

once you ring the door bell step back away from the door.

The most important thing about carpet cleaning IS NOT CARPET CLEANING.

Holy shit

I could be charging you guys for this ultra secret information

P.S

When was the last time you sat infront of a good CPA and went over your business

Darn I have start teaching a class

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
T- I wouldbet that most carpet cleaners got tired of working for someone else and got into it to "make their own way'. They were laborers, not Bus School graduates and while instinctively and through experience know how to talk to people & clean carpet, they often lack the systems and skill sets to be business managers.

I've been to SFS twice and sent 3 different managers (one 2 times) and each time came away with information that helped make them better managers, and made the time and money spent worthwhile. We also had Jeff Cutshall out on 2 1 day VAST classes for over 50 of our cleaning tech's and that was worth it in spades.

Yes T all the information can be gotten from other places, most for free~ but no where that I know of can so much information, directly relevant to our industry be gotten in a weeks time~ with years worth of take away documentation.

Ken

The Preacher

i think it may have something to do with the incessant mention of SFS no matter the subject???

"Big Billy is far too modest to mention his marketing blog. He has many posts that focus on how to tap into the middle class market. Check it out ..."

"PS Or maybe Bill is just too busy ripping into VAST instructor Jeff Cutshall below in the Jiffy Lube thread!"

""I think I'll send my guys there for a refesher course in customer service."

Actually, Dave, there is an industry specific one day "customer service refresher course" already out there. It is called "Value Added Service for Technicians" or sometimes affectionately shortened to VAST."

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
'T" I think Steve is just trying to help those that want help. He's not trying to change your life by selling you module after module or finance trips to Bali by signing you up to the double secret marketing group.

The class is relatively cheap, plus they give you many tools that other marketing guru's would just hit you with as additional sales.

I know you don't see it that way and I know I can't convince you of it.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I personally don't think he is one of the bad guys, in fact I think he, Bill and Jeff are the good guys.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I agree with you Richard and also don't think there are any bad guys/girls in our industry. People selling advise to our industry are like us, businss people making a living by providing a service to their clients. There are different ways to do that just like there are different cleaning companies ways of doing business. The free marketplace is the one that determines their success.

Ken

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Danny,

As an SFS graduate please list for everyone how much we sold you at the class. I will number them for you.

And I will fill in what you paid for the class. 000.00

Your buddy Bill

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Regardless of the marketing or management course that one chooses to take, I think knowing ones true place in their business by sitting down with a CPA that understands your type of business is a needed (and often overlooked) first step.

My guess is that this is recommended before attending SFS or similar classes.

Its been my experience in conducting such programs that most cleaners haven't the slightest idea of "where they are" to begin with.

You can't get directions to your destination if you don't give "MapQuest" your starting address first.

Mikey P

Administrator
I believe Terje thinks all carpet cleaner are at least as savvy as the crew we have here.

What he doesn't realize is 90% of the MB applicant we get here are tossed be cause the goober can't fill out his profile enough to get sent the auto password.

There is a huge market for the information SFS is "selling"...

we can't all be trustfund babies.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
HARPER said:
Brian Robison said:

"Where did you get the FAKE avatar.... :? "

I thought your "PLAN" to take over the world ...Would NEVER allow you to own any equipment.

Do you OWN any equipment....OR....are you deceiving the board HERE.... :?:

ps...My spell check..SEZ..You can't even spell your name cOrrEcTlY... :oops:

Just a picture Harpo. Don't get your panties in a bunch. I was playing around with how I would wrap a van.
Not trying to "Deceive" anyone. Good God...remember, this isn't real life.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yes, I know you live here Mikey but believe it or not I haven't been bothered by anything said here ever...it's when it makes it into the real world that I have a problem with it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom