MRSA Staph Infection - is it worth the risk?

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
i don't have time right now to do the research.

One of my best clients who does a lot of volume with me needs a property cleaned where the tenant has the MRSA Infection.

I've got about an hour to decide.

If i won't clean it they will find someone else who will.

Is it safe for me to clean the carpets at the property?

Should i wear a respirator, gloves etc?

throw away hoses afterwards?

Thanks

Marc Imbesi

I just skimmed through what it was and I quickly determined I wouldn't touch the stuff. You couldnt possibly charge enough to warrant the necessary protection and equipment replacement costs.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Saint-Gobain-OneSuitPro-220.jpg

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
You don't want any skin to contact the virus. So wear gloves when touching any surfaces where the virus may be present. It can enter through cuts, abrasions or other damage to the skin as well as through your eyes or nose if you touch an infected surface and then touch your nose or eyes.

There are several good disinfectants that will eliminate the threat including Benefect and Sporicidin.

It requires a little extra effort and caution but is certainly a cleaning that can be done. Just go in first and apply an approved disinfectant. Give it some dwell time. You should be fine.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Is the tenant going to be there? My wife works at a hospital, according to her if the person has the infection in a wound then it's contact precautions, if they have it in their nose/respiratory system then you would need a mask. Of course wipe down anything that goes into the house with disinfectant when you are done.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
thanks gang!

it's non-respitory mrsa.

i bought 2 full head to toe bio suites w n95 respirators and a case of Ramsey Altima TB disinfectant.

im good to go. i think :?:

thanx

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom