MSDS.... Folder..

Becker

Name
Becker
I have never ever been asked for a copy of my MSDS..

But I just took a peek inside...

WOW!

Very outdated..

JonDon's site makes it easy to print out the info..

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Becker said:
I have never ever been asked for a copy of my MSDS..

But I just took a peek inside...

WOW!

Very outdated..

JonDon's site makes it easy to print out the info..

I've always wondered about the ODOT Patrol cars I see stopping the semi's on the roads. What if they stopped me? What would I need to show them? I better get my stuff in order....it's only a matter of when, not if, they will stop one of us.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We don't switch around much with our chems so ours should be fairly accurate. I just shot an email to our safety officer to check and see if they need any additional MSDS's.

Robert you need to get a binder to put a MSDS sheet in for every product you use. It is actually more of a concern for the homeowner, than stopping for the DOT. If a client or child in the home comes in contact with your solutions in a bad way, you'll want to have a MSDS on hand.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Broadway Joe said:
We don't switch around much with our chems so ours should be fairly accurate. I just shot an email to our safety officer to check and see if they need any additional MSDS's.

Robert you need to get a binder to put a MSDS sheet in for every product you use. It is actually more of a concern for the homeowner, than stopping for the DOT. If a client or child in the home comes in contact with your solutions in a bad way, you'll want to have a MSDS on hand.

Good idea, Richard. Hey....did you see the HBO special on "Broadway Joe"? I caught it Sunday night. What a life he had. I seen him in one of his last games with The Rams against Cleveland.....10* and snowing at game time, just got colder thoughout the day. We were at the top of the stadium, open end to Lake Erie. Unforgetable.

machinejjh

We had an EPA agent bust a duo of our workers in Pennsylvania. Turns out he was watching the chinese restaraunt we were cleaning. Did not ask for MSDS sheets, merely informed our workers a fine was forthcoming. Only one customer has ever asked to see an MSDS sheet in 5 years. Worthless if you ask me, but 5 minutes of making copies can't hurt...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yep loved the Namath show on HBO Robert.

I was lucky to catch him towards the end of his career play the Chiefs in Arrowhead in 1975. He threw a couple of bombs for TD's, he was amazing despite bad knees!

machinejjh, actually that's what you want, you want to have it just in case. If they would have been needed, then that would have meant there was a problem.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I'd recommend putting them in a 3 ring binder in the plastic protective sheets. Keeps them dry, and always keep them within arms reach with your seat belt ON.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We do just as Hoody mentions and then we still stick the binder in a big zip lock bag as final protection. Some how some ways liquid always gets stuff wet that shouldn't.

machinejjh

Oh, we keep them, we do. But they proved worthless when encountering a wet-behind-the-ears EPA agent looking to make his first score.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
machinejjh said:
We had an EPA agent bust a duo of our workers in Pennsylvania. Turns out he was watching the chinese restaraunt we were cleaning. Did not ask for MSDS sheets, merely informed our workers a fine was forthcoming. Only one customer has ever asked to see an MSDS sheet in 5 years. Worthless if you ask me, but 5 minutes of making copies can't hurt...

Hey, Jason....nice to see another Youngstowner on the board (actually Boardman). Did the EPA guy try to bust you for waste water, or for a chem list?? Ever have any trouble here in Ohio? I've gone into PA a few times, but don't on a regular basis. You guys can have that State! Plus their sales tax reporting is a PITA.

I was out to your shop today to pay up with Bob.

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
if i remember correctly you have to take off the msds sheet if you don't have that product on the truck and then put it back on when product is restocked.
The easiest way to get them checking your msds is if your in an accident they want to know whats spilled or leaking on the ground.

machinejjh

Hey, Jason....nice to see another Youngstowner on the board (actually Boardman). Did the EPA guy try to bust you for waste water, or for a chem list?? Ever have any trouble here in Ohio? I've gone into PA a few times, but don't on a regular basis. You guys can have that State! Plus their sales tax reporting is a PITA.

I was out to your shop today to pay up with Bob.

Waste water. No trouble in Ohio. PA is a pain, no doubt.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom