Multi Trucker ????

Name
Steve Lawrence

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
oops, put my comment inside my quoting Mark.

Fuel pump was warrantied, and waiting to find out about the labor

My Brother in Law owns a shop and I had him put in the last one because GM wouldn't do anything about the NEW local GM dealership not getting to my van for 2 weeks.

My old GM dealer who is now only Chrysler/Dodge, knows who much I spend with them each year and they get things done if I call.....

But, keeping some business in the family too

Will let you know what I find out in the next few days.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
I am trying 2 trucks in 2015. What i did is bought 2 used Butlers at the end of 2014. One is a 2005 the other a 1993. I chose butler because of ease of use and reliability. A friend of mine who has owned a cleaning business as long as i have will be closing his and coming to work for me. We will be going out Saiger style dual trucking the large jobs together. I still feel young at 37 and i really don't have a desire to get off the truck currently, but one day i am sure i will. Some one asked what happens when you have 2 vans and both get done at 3:00 every day. We love it and play A LOT of afternoon rounds of golf before the wives get off work!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I am trying 2 trucks in 2015. What i did is bought 2 used Butlers at the end of 2014. One is a 2005 the other a 1993. I chose butler because of ease of use and reliability. A friend of mine who has owned a cleaning business as long as i have will be closing his and coming to work for me. We will be going out Saiger style dual trucking the large jobs together. I still feel young at 37 and i really don't have a desire to get off the truck currently, but one day i am sure i will. Some one asked what happens when you have 2 vans and both get done at 3:00 every day. We love it and play A LOT of afternoon rounds of golf before the wives get off work!

That's exactly correct....make your daily goals and go play!

This is me and my son in law today after getting done a bit early and going out for his 29th Birthday.

He is my number one guy!!!

2014-12-30151553_zpsa015146c.jpg

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Have to remember in "carpet cleaning class" the speaker is dealing with 50 people from all kinds of different markets, sizes, etc.
They have to keep it vague.

Individually its unlimited what you can do or how much money one can make.
No law that says a multi-truck operation cant make 30% or higher margins. Not easy but possible with some creativity and good management.

For an owner operator i would account for your labor then look at how profitable you are.
Gives you a better picture imho.

Reactions: Russ T.
Name
Marcus
Yea I had a par timer at one time and pushed up gross to 80-100 k
Not bad for small town texas.......
Now I am back par time around 40 k gross.....
But I do enjoy getting out and physical labor....can't set at a desk all day....

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom