Multiple service levels

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I am losing allot of price shoppers as usual. If I hope to expand, I probably need to widen my base of potential customers. I’m thinking about offering an economy service level for about $30.00 a RM. The concern is that it would cause customers to be confused. I would like to hear from those offering Multiple service levels (Bronze, silver, Gold) I could foresee it creating arguments with customers who want the standard service for an economy price.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I did sqft pricing for many years. However after observing the success of Steve Smith's operation in Nashville I gradually switched new customers to area pricing.

People are often too busy to wait for an on-location measure/bid. They just want to get the job scheduled, and those who even ask about price just want a ball-park price up front.

Mike I think you will do a lot better just offering free estimates.

Ask the customer on the phone what their budget is if they are price sensitive and tell them what you can do for that price. Then mention your other cleaning packages but push the idea that they will most likely need the standard clean.

Never advertise price.

It is the death of an owner operated business.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I'm already doing by the rm pricing but I am charging $40-45 a room. Steemer gets $28-35 a room. I'm not paying Royalty’s so, I should be able to compete with steemer on price. The customers get a great cleaning job for a low price if they vacuum and move furniture.

Mikey P said:
What if the other dude's Premium package is $30 a room?

Ivebeensold I don’t know.
I don't think any cleaning company can rely on price point alone unless they are in a huge demographic.
I have been losing referrals over sticker shock. I don't like the idea of walmartizing a company, but I may have to if I want to grow.

Okay, here is an example. Pizza cost less than it did 20 years ago around here. It taste like crap but, it sells cuz people see it as a good value. We often go to a take and bake pizza shop becuse the quality is good for about the same price as pizza hut. Take and bake is a good value for us even though we do more work.

Mikey P

Administrator
Pizza Hut sells any pizza, any toppings, any size for $10 all day here.

How much dough (cough!) does it cost to make a 18" pie loaded with meats and cheeses?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
It's the size of the room for the 30 bucks that's important! What's your "up to" limit? 100,150,200sqft?

Some of these boneheads will do a 200sqft room for 30 bucks.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
The only thing that really matters is your hourly rate and volume.
I go up to 250 sq ft. steemer gos up to 300 most bedrooms are 150 sq ft with only about 80 sq ft exposed so, it averages out.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
So your $30 a room is for open areas only with no prevac? That's not too bad if it's open areas only I guess. If you don't have to vac and move furniture that saves a lot of time but I think that begins to portray you to the customer as a cheap splash and dash, doesn't care about quality because you are up against the clock, kind of cleaner.

Tough deal... not sure what the right answer is, if there is one.

Bill

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
ACE said:
Okay, here is an example. Pizza cost less than it did 20 years ago around here. It taste like crap but, it sells cuz people see it as a good value. We often go to a take and bake pizza shop becuse the quality is good for about the same price as pizza hut. Take and bake is a good value for us even though we do more work.

For a moderatly soiled carpet. Can the client really see much differance between a $30 or a $40 room job?

I have an ala carte pricing room. I show the client my cleaning menu( with pics of each service and benefits) and I let them decide.

Jobs are almost never the steam only amount.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Royal Man said:
For a moderatly soiled carpet. Can the client really see much differance between a $30 or a $40 room job?

I have an ala carte pricing room. I show the client my cleaning menu( with pics of each service and benefits) and I let them decide.

Jobs are almost never the steam only amount.

Interesting. Can you post it here?

I don’t want to charge extra for things like prespray, heavy soiling or machine agitation. I want to charge less for not moving any furniture, not having to vacuum, and not grooming. I'm going to call it "No Frills Carpet Cleaning". We would still do whatever it takes to get the carpet clean as we can if they help. I really think it would appeal to large market and build value for our Standard Service level.

C

CleaningLA

I like to see someone's menu type pricing sheet they let the custy before the cleaning

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom