Multisprayer question...

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
Any reason to have two screens, one pre-filter at the intake and one at the tip? I'm asking because I went to clean out the orifice/tip and found the screen there was caked with teflon from soil blocker. I removed the screen and now my multisprayer sprays awesome. I'm going to keep the intake one on and test to see if the tip is going to plug up or not.

hogjowl

Idiot™
The screen on the wand is necessary only if you grow tired of cleaning your spray tip. You can run the machine with no intake screen, but without it, when you take your jug out to refill it, the solution in the line backs out and you then have to prime your sprayer again.

Why not just clean, or replace them? :roll:

FastEddie

I took off the check valve and put a fancy shut-off on the end to control the drips. Then I added a #4 jet and it sprays like mad and never clogs. Makes quite a difference and also puts less stress on the pump.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I never replaced the the pick-up tube screen when it fell off over a year ago. No problem.

I replaced the brass trigger valve with a HydroForce-type trigger cause the brass valve got too hot for comfort.

I use a 11006 jet. Might not need a screen with the larger jet.

Added a bypass valve and a 4" length of hose just downstream of the trigger to make priming easier, but it rarely needs to be primed. Again, possibly attributable to the bigger jet.

The only thing that irks me about the MultiSprayer (might be just mine) is that it doesn't pump all the contents of the jug. Leaves about 2" in the bottom. (My pickup tube extends to the bottom.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom