Muslin Curtain

MarioRojas

Name
Mario
so, I work on a dry and wet cleaning company. And the thing is that we need some advice from you guys on a 100% cotton Muslin curtain. it has some minor spots but we need to clean it spot-free. We're using the KLEENRITE machine, it does dry and wet cleaning. First we're going to vacuum the curtain, but for the spots we're using some odorless mineral spirits or O.M.S. from U.S. Products 801, it is a 'dry cleaning solvent' but we're a little bit scared of the results... what do you guys think?

btw, this is my first post.. thank you for your time

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
It should okay- the oms may not be strong enough of a solvent to remove the grease spots though. You may need a volatile solvent as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: MarioRojas

harryhides

Name
Tony
I agree with Ken.
Is there a hidden area where you can do a test ?
You could also try Stoddard solvent ?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I assume most suppliers carry one Mario, we buy ours in 55 gal drums from petro chem suppliers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Brdigepoint makes Dry Cleaning prespray which works well with the Kleenrite machine or as a spotter for oily / greasy stains. This is Odorless Mineral Spirits (OMS) plus a detergent charge.

Any of the OMS based products should do the job for you if the stain is grease. But solvents will not remove many water-based stains.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom