Mustard Stains?

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
I like to make a poultice out of sodium percorbonate (aka: boost all, oxy plus) and let it sit for as long as I can. Usually cleaning that area last. I've had pretty good success with that.
[h=3][/h]

Reactions: everfresh1

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Cobb will be chiming in any minute saying: "we like our powedered peroxide (percarb) and our UV light for 1 minute" and he will say "here is an example that we did" (insert picture of a carpet piece where there is a circle kinda lighter/brighter than the rest of the yellowing.

I can't even tell you how many times Cobb already posted the same thing, regarding his percarb and UV technique. :biggrin:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I like to make a poultice out of sodium percorbonate (aka: boost all, oxy plus) and let it sit for as long as I can. Usually cleaning that area last. I've had pretty good success with that.

I do the same, but use OSR from CTI/Pro's Choice. Either way, something with sodium perc, in a paste form. I've used baby powder to make a poultice for this w/ the sodium perc.

Reactions: everfresh1

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
StainZone has worked for me. Was built for mustard stains I am told.

Most of the time spray it on and leave it. Sometimes have tried some heat transfer, lot's of times spray and go and let client know it will take some time to take out the stain.

Mark Saiger

Reactions: J Scott W

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

be careful with it, Mark.
Stainzone is a very strong oxidizer and CAN bleach some carpets .
i used it regularly for about year...LOVED IT and had great success with the "spray 'n go" method ..then BAM..i had two back to back bleachngs .
one was on a quality nylon berber and the other on a cheap nylon cut pile

..L.T.A.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Cobb will be chiming in any minute saying: "we like our powedered peroxide (percarb) and our UV light for 1 minute" and he will say "here is an example that we did" (insert picture of a carpet piece where there is a circle kinda lighter/brighter than the rest of the yellowing.
:biggrin:

Zee;

Dupont did lots of the research on removing mustard stains (a disperse dye).

They found strong oxidizers would take out the stain AND the dye.

Then they discovered less oxidizer + UV light would remove just the mustard.

The photos I posted were from a spotting contest where the two winners (out of 15 trying for prizes),

used the UV lights we provided to completely remove the mustard AND the furniture stains (stains furnished by IICRC instructor Jim Smith).

What is exactly the method of removal you would like to share with the board ???

We would like to see your before & after pictures of successful removal !

Larry

P.S. Our product is Dynachem Powder Brightener and
the method only took ~5 minutes by inexperienced cleaners.

Last edited:
Reactions: Giorgio

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Now if they just had the new Smartstrand carpet - Quote from their site:

And this engineered-in stain resistance reaches new levels of protection, allowing tough stains such as mustard, red wine, and cherry Kool-Aid® to be removed simply with warm water and a mild detergent, or with Mohawk FloorCare™ Essentials. The fiber even resists discoloration from bleach.

The Rhino carpet...

Last edited:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Zee;

Dupont did lots of the research on removing mustard stains (a disperse dye).

They found strong oxidizers would take out the stain AND the dye.

Then they discovered less oxidizer + UV light would remove just the mustard.

The photos I posted were from a spotting contest where the two winners (out of 15 trying for prizes),

used the UV lights we provided to completely remove the mustard AND the furniture stains (stains furnished by IICRC instructor Jim Smith).

What is exactly the method of removal you would like to share with the board ???

We would like to see your before & after pictures of successful removal !

Larry

P.S. Our product is Dynachem Powder Brightener and
the method only took ~5 minutes by inexperienced cleaners.

Dude...Larry.... You completely "missed" my post.

I was actually supporting your technique by trying to post it the way you would....wow someone is in a pissy mood??

I actually have done it the way you ALWAYS recommend it! That is why I made the post to help YOU out and YOUR business.

The comment from me about you chiming in and the fact that you always insert THAT picture was to try to encourage a thinking mind to do a search on your post to find the exact info on YOUR posts in case I didn't quote you properly.

You are welcome.

BTW tell your salesmen that handle the phone orders that we are not stupid...bc that is the feeling we get, when they repeatedly f up orders and when there is a technical question they ALWAYS feel the need to tell us how Mr. Cobb went to the University of Texas or whatever and he knows better, so there shouldn't be any issues with his chemicals.(even though it was proven that we had buckets of f -ed up powermax.....but whatever I still support your business because I believe in your chems)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom