My 2002 white magic

steve_64

I ordered new belts but forgot to pick them up at AutoZone so I put the old ones back on and adjusted the idler pulleys.

I did this because I had a new water pump installed and it changed the way the machine ran. Besides the gauges not working right the blower belts were slipping and squealing.

I changed lube for the blower to spray into tube after each use and that seamed to help a lot too.

I got new jets for the pc quad I think thats what I have anyway. I put 110015 on the inside and 095015 on the ends and that is working good now.

My dog got sick today so I fired it up and cleaned one room today. Ive never got a carpet so dry so easily. Man this thing is running so nice now after a few scares.

I now know what Fred Boyle And The stockwells have been telling me. That bane wont get used again not even for a backup lol.

Ive been cleaning things up and tweaking it and just getting to know the machine. I havent been this excited about cleaning in years!

Thanks Mikey Board.

steve_64

Its a whole new world now. Never thought id use just fresh water as a rinse lol.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Lee is right.

You put in time working a little harder to get the results but it honed your cleaning skills. Now with better tools you should be able to thrill clients with your ability. :cool:

Reactions: Russ T.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I changed lube for the blower to spray into tube after each use and that seamed to help a lot too.

Don't over do it with the spray.. Maybe do it every Friday or once a month(I might do it once a year). When you spray into the tube it's not to "lube" the blower its to protect the lobes from rust. Most likely there is no moisture left in the blower by the time you turn your TM off due to the heat from the blower..

I would bet most blower failure comes from over spraying. I haven't ever had a blower fail on me and combined I have over 11,000 hours on my tm's.

steve_64

I think I really need a new blower. I was told it had froze up at one time and I believe it started sticking from sitting for a few days. Its an issue I was informed about before I bought it.

Its been pretty loud at times but I think im getting it figured out. At least trying to get throigh summer or longer before I replace the blower.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Your blower doesn't normally freeze up, it seizes from moisture being left after a job. A quick spray of wd4o helps solve this. I agree, don't overuse. Once a week is usually enough. Some units get water washing through the filter into the blower from driving with a full recovery tank. Usually units that have been modified in some way. Just take a look at the way your hose is routed from the blower to the recovery tank. Hose or pipes should be slightly above the blower filter.

steve_64

New belts are on and descaled it today. Found a leak and got the part coming tomorrow.

Its been overheating but I think I got that fixed or will with the new part.

Having fun tearing into this and learning how it works.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

steve_64

Ughh got the wrong part. Gotta call don jon in the morning.

To fix tbat leak I wrapped some teflon tape around the crack In the valce and put a clamp on it before gently putting it back together. It still leaks but its not spraying ecerywhere anymore.

Loving the vacuum on this thing.

steve_64

I got the right valve yesterday but had already put in a coupler to bypass the leaky valve. It seems like the overheating issue is resolved but I kept having pressure issues.

Last night the pressure kept disappearing at the wand. I finally realized the new qd wasnt opening all the way. I put an old one on and problems solved.

Now im getting more pressure and heat than I had since I got it. All this time and it was a qd at the wand lol. At least the leak is fixed and the floor is drying in the van.

Have I mentioned how much I like this machine!

Reactions: BIG WOOD

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I am glad you like it so much. There is a filter between fresh water tank and unit check that every once in a while.

Name
Nate W.
If the new qc wasn't opening all the way, seems like the other needed to be changed also... The spring behind the pop-it could be worn on the older one and be the reason for not opening the new qc...

This is not a Bane unit, you need to respect it...........:stir::yawn::yawn: :icon_twisted:

steve_64

Yeah I didnt have a male qd handy and it worked fine after changing the female so I was happy.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Do you have some good pictures of your setup to show us what you're proud of? I like seeing some good white magics.

steve_64

Ill post picks one of these days.
Couple days ago the van started running crappy. I changed the air filter and cleaned the mass airflow sensor but no help so took it in to the shop.
The wires were the original set and were literally turning to dust. 138000 miles 3500 hours. I hope this set lasts as long lol.

Running better than ever now!

Name
Lee Stockwell
I've been working on our WM getting maintenance items ship shape before the crunch.

New: tires, battery, hoses, brakes, front end, etc. However the "crunch" is early...

Reactions: Desk Jockey

steve_64

Do you have some good pictures of your setup to show us what you're proud of? I like seeing some good white magics.

20160711_180257.jpg

20160711_180129.jpg

steve_64

Bumper and rear door. Its not high on the list but its there. Want a new drivers seat also.
Got s bad squeak that started after replacing wheels too that needs to get fixed. Mechanic isnt sure why yet.

Still in the middle of a bathroom remodel and got a bay window on the way. The house has been eating up funds.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom