My Connections impressions.

Mikey P

Administrator
Please dont expect me to do a report on the Key Note speakers or any infomercials as I am way too much of a BDCC to do that stuff.
Day one was the busiest at the trade show for sure. Lots of folks inside and for what few trucks were set up outside this year, there were plenty checking them out. Days 2 and 3 went down hill fast.

The booth with the most buzz was owned by Innovative Flooring Solutions. Their extremely easy system for stone floor and counter top polishing and honing was awesome. Many people spent hours there doing hands on and buying up product. I was very excited about it and ordered some stuff as well. Expect them to start participating here soon.
connections08016.jpg

http://innovativesurfacesolutions.com/

The truck of the show was definitely the new Vortex. Amazingly quite and almost double the storage of fresh and waste water from last year. The new Isuzu its mounted in can cruise at 80 and has a sweet cab interior that puts the old UDs to shame.
Starting price is 89k, so with a high pressure pump, a Softener, carpet kit and a wrap you'll be financing 100Gs or more easy.

connections08014.jpg

Lots of storage for fans..

connections08009.jpg

Second truck of the show IMO was Matt King's NEW Steam Genie ( not rebuilt and repainted)
All the oompf of a Butler, if not more, yet lots of room left over for tools. Matt needs to find a few ken Snow types to buy up some of these to get the ball rolling.

connections08007.jpg

connections08008.jpg

The latest AT had some nifty new features, but without Michael S's awesome truck there it played second fiddle to the V.
The HM Titan looked like yet another big Slide In with too many sensors.
Not much else worth mentioning, other than White Magic and Power Clean not having much representation there at all. One truck from each out side. A small WM booth and no booth for PC.

Hruby's new Orbot is the BMW of Pad Machines for sure. Lots of killer engineering and really cool features. The two gallon removable jug is a great idea. Unfortunately most padder hacks will choose the much cheaper Clark machines.
I suggested to Jeff Hruby to partner up with Clark so the price could be brought down and sales go up.

Some decent action at the Wanders booth where none of Joe's stuff was on display (?) just Ken and Alan Bush's "Legal" glides.
A very credible source was amused to overhear Ken Harris promise a attendee that he "Was a man of my word and you can be sure I'll keep my promises...."
Ken....
connections08011.jpg

connections08010.jpg

Vince Sapp did indeed show up... (as did Foster and Olsen)

connections08001.jpg

Not sure if the Leather Class took place or not but these guys sure look happy to see me.
Roger Koh, Heacock, Tuup and Shorty.

connections08002.jpg

As was Crazy George Grijalva. I got a big teary eyed apology from him and he said he owed all of his future success to MB. Word on the street is that Pro Chem will have him re-shoot all of his videos and have 3 IICRC teachers make sure it's all kosher. Things got so warm and cuddly I even let him ride my Way
connections08003.jpg

George confused John Olsen with me so John got the big hug before me. Olsen will need to see a shrink asap.

Mytee introduced their new roto fresh and waste tanks. Virtually bomb proof construction for way less than a SS tank. This was a fresh @ 80 gal capacity. Two could be linked together as well.
Will Brevick be able to make one himself from his old milk jugs?
connections08004.jpg

A four vac Porty! (eat your heart out Ed Valentine)

connections08013.jpg

connections08012.jpg

Most MBers were shocked to see Becker back together with Stacy there.

connections08005.jpg

Lots of fun to be had with the MBers during and after the show but the absence of Kirk and Jerk was dramatic.

As was the early departure of Jeff and Lisa.

The MB party went til 3AM. Good times.
I wished Shorty had told me that Bundy is not to be drank straight.

Ouch.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Mikey forgot to mention him,jimbo,chris,vince,ron and bob all flew like birds! well more like lame ducks but they did fly :)

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Oh, the bundy was good when you pay 3 bucks for a 8 oz coke ....rum straight up is a cost effective alterative

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
No short sheeted bed wit salt poured in stories.......?
No dED hookers either...sounds rather dull!
no Euro-Chad stories?

I DID notice that Tre had his Secret Service Protection......wit him.....what a goofball......

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i will only add that the gang MUSTA been close to Marks webcam...as MOST of what you's all sED was being HEARD!
Mikey..did you ever get that SegWay fixed.......?
Tell Ekman that i DID get his one finger salute...LOL!

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Mikey P said:
The booth with the most buzz was owned by Innovative Flooring Solutions. Their extremely easy system for stone floor and counter top polishing and honing was awesome. Many people spent hours there doing hands on and buying up product. I was very excited about it and ordered some stuff as well. Expect them to start participating here soon.

http://innovativesurfacesolutions.com/

Are you referring to the Monkey pads? Interesting!

ErikG

Was That Mytees 4 vac system , From what I understand that was only 150 psi . Do you know any other details on that

ErikG said:
Was That Mytees 4 vac system , From what I understand that was only 150 psi . Do you know any other details on that

150 psi? You cant clean very well with that....500 psi is a must with a porty
..shorten it down with 3, 2-stage and a 500 psi pump that would be sweet.

Name
John LaBarbera
C Pennington said:
ErikG said:

Hi Guys,

Granted 150 psi is not as high as some would like, but other factors to consider are how close the jets are to the carpet and the flow of the pump, not just pressure. The Steaming Demon is low pressure (line pressure 60 psi) but high flow. Another feature of the Mytee Quad vac is a secondary flow-thru high pressure connection that allows a 50-1200 psi Water Hog to be connected thru the unit for high pressure cleaning. This keeps the unit much lighter, about 100 lbs. The Quad Vac also has 200 CFM and 180" lift, almost 14 hg. auto fill/pump out. With a 12" Bentley and 25' 2" hose for less than $3000.00 msrp. It's a respectable portable.

Did any of you guys see our Roto-molded 5 qt. and 7 qt. replaceable hydraforce type bottles. Lifetime warrantied, if they ever leak they will be replaced for free. The 7 qt. will fit in a standard 5 qt. hydraforce holder. About $12.00 from your dist. We are also making a Roto-molded holder for these bottles. about $18.00.

John

steve g

Name
steve garrett
John LaBarbera said:
[quote="C Pennington":34k7b968]
ErikG said:

Hi Guys,

Granted 150 psi is not as high as some would like, but other factors to consider are how close the jets are to the carpet and the flow of the pump, not just pressure. The Steaming Demon is low pressure (line pressure 60 psi) but high flow. Another feature of the Mytee Quad vac is a secondary flow-thru high pressure connection that allows a 50-1200 psi Water Hog to be connected thru the unit for high pressure cleaning. This keeps the unit much lighter, about 100 lbs. The Quad Vac also has 200 CFM and 180" lift, almost 14 hg. auto fill/pump out. With a 12" Bentley and 25' 2" hose for less than $3000.00 msrp. It's a respectable portable.

Did any of you guys see our Roto-molded 5 qt. and 7 qt. replaceable hydraforce type bottles. Lifetime warrantied, if they ever leak they will be replaced for free. The 7 qt. will fit in a standard 5 qt. hydraforce holder. About $12.00 from your dist. We are also making a Roto-molded holder for these bottles. about $18.00.

John[/quote:34k7b968]

I am interested in the 7 qt bottle, and also more info on the molded waste tank, I don't see any info on your site about either. do you have any pics of the 7qt bottles, also more info on the waste tank, how many gallons is the waste part of the tank?? what type of brackets hold the thing in the van, is there a float or filtering provision

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Steve,

The 7 qt. with rear fill port looks like the 5 qt. but taller. They will be on the web site shortly.

The 80 gal.waste tank and the solution tank are made from the same mold, just set up differently. The waste tank has the s/s strainer, at this time a single 2' inlet and heavy 3/16 s/s mounting brackets. Local dist. will finish the fit for individual TM. Waste tank is $800.00. Because of the design these tanks will have very limited water movement, which is a plus for a solution tank. These have been tested by a dist. at 15" hg and 165 degree return water. The tank didn't even flinch.

Email address and I can send out brochures on these products.

Along side our quad vac we showed our RL105. This unit has a 500 psi high flow pump, dual three stage vac (600 air watts each) 146" lift 230 CFM, with auto fill/pump-out. This has the 50-1200 psi flow thru feature also.

John

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
was that George as one of the "most powerful people in the industry" on that poster in Connections

I was at CRS, (local supplier) the other day. They had a hands on upholstery class. George's wife was calling other cleaners in the area to attend a free upselling class along with the upholstery class.

You couldn't understand the message she left on the phone so I had to call CRS to see what she said.

I happened to be at the supplier the day before the class when George called to see how many people had signed up for the free class, none had sighed up.

sounds like he is off to a rocky start

Name
Jesse
This year was much easier to get through, nobody was there.

Most suppliers were a mix of depressing and desperate. I almost felt guilty not showing an interest in some of their products, but on the other hand some of them didn't show interest themselves. Many companies had nothing different from last year.

The truck mount demo area was quiet, most trucks sat idling most of the time :?

The new V is an impressive design, except for the track for the rolling door that runs through your walking zone, I think it left an impression on many of the people who got in it to look around. Having a single wand demo set up for a V was a poor idea. You can't see how it performs it's purpose if you don't show it. For a single wand holding 15-16hg isn't impressive as a demo.

This was the first time I ever really looked into the Aerotech. It's definably a big truck but the craftsmanship and lack of effort in the final finish was disappointing, especially if this was their demo truck.

The new Steam Genie was nice but that little waste tank sticks in my mind. I would fill that little gap behind the tank in the demo van, I don't think most people immediately think of storing stuff under there waste tank as you could in that van the way it was setup.

As he is anywhere he goes, George Grijalva was the star attraction. After his over the top displays in this forum, I found humor in the fact that the person I was with who's never heard of George, elbowed me and said duck this psycho 30feet away from his booth. It was like seeing seeing Tony the Tiger in person.

Mikey P

Administrator
I dont know, maybe its just me but if I were a player in the supply/manufacturer game in any industry that almost demands your attendance, I would make it my goal to have at least 2 new hip items or services to brag about.

or why bother showing up?

Mike Draper

yea, I agree with mikey. I didn't see much of anything new I didn't already know about. Would have liked to see more TM's outside. I didn't see Hydramaster CDS units outside, I thought they were a big player?

Bob Foster

I want to say thanks to John Olsen for encouraging us to go on the indoor skydiving thing. It was a blast (pun intended) It basically looked like an upside down Studebaker Airpath in a padded room. I'm going to have to try skydiving for real now.

Thanks again John and maybe you can post a YouTube of the DVD we got and some pixs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom