My dual 2.5 inch ports came in

What is the best way to cut the tank?

I don't plan on doing this.

Just wanted to know what the best tool and approach would be. I will have to remove the handle to attach the ports.

Ok I'm a little fired up to be upgrading ports, larger filters, and better airflow. Not to mention I have the pos filters I have.

Also got my cuff lynx in.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Made for electrical service boxes, may be a strain over 10 gauge? A hole-saw will work too, not as pretty a finished hole.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Daniel when I drilled my Powermatic lid I used a standard hole saw drill bit. Bought it at Ace Hardware. They also have some 5in x 5in rubber squares I made gaskets with.

You can do it yourself if you have the time. I wuz nervous the first time I cut a lid.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Lee Stockwell said:
Made for electrical service boxes, may be a strain over 10 gauge? A hole-saw will work too, not as pretty a finished hole.

they are stronger then that...they can cut threw the top of a steal electrical box like butter....get you pilot hole stet..thread on the knock out and bump it with a impact wrench and it will slice right threw..perfect hole every time.......

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Hole saw will work fine if its an aluminium tank, doesn't have to be perfect since you'll be using a gasket to attach the new port. If its a SS tank take to a metal shop, it'll save a lot time and money on ruined tools.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Bi-metal hole saw..
i have no doubt Jim knows what he's talking about, but a top quality hole saw is like $15 bukz
if you don't have the arbor add another 15-20 bukz

a whole lot le$$ than the $120 knockout tool

...L.T.A.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
For my Genesis lid, the holes were already 2.5 inch to accomodate the plastic fittings. Greenie had designed it to match the holes. The toughest part was drilling out the SS lid for the bolt holes. You need a damn good bit to cut through stainless.

Mikey P

Administrator
I used a hOle saw to tap my Steam Was 2100POS lid,.

came this - close to loosing my weenie when that thing slipped.
Ripped my jeans and BVDs but Jr must have ducked.

Becker

Name
Becker
Where did ya get them, how much.. The port I mean. I've got the hose just need to port the tank.

I'm not worried about cutting the hole. If I can cut a 4'x4' hole in. A 6 inch think foundation wall I think I can handle a tank lid.

I'll post some pics in a min.

These filters are incredible. Wait till you see the difference in size, durability, and ease of use.

John Olsen hooked me up.

I sent him a pm and said this is what I need. He went out of his way to get everything together. That's all I had to do.

He has cc info on file. Best buying experience by far.

Enough said.

IMAG0569.jpg

IMAG0570.jpg

IMAG0571.jpg

Becker said:
How much for the filter?

Looks sharp.

I KNOW!

100 bucks or so. Here is the best part.

I hate cleaning these filters everyday especially in the morning when it's 20 degrees and everything is frozen.

I can just line them with panty hose and toss after each job. They came with 25 filter socks. When you are busy nothing is worse than having dirty filters to contend with.

The HF filter pictured is the biggest pos filter ever.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Mikey P said:
I used a hOle saw to tap my Steam Was 2100POS lid,.

came this - close to loosing my weenie when that thing slipped.
Ripped my jeans and BVDs but Jr must have ducked.
Thanks for doing this for me. My waste tank filter stays cleaner since the return is on the other side of the tank. (I bought that "Steam Way 2100 POS" from Mike for those who don't know)

Back
Top Bottom