My experience with Angie's Leads/Home Advisor

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
When I hired my guy I ramped everything up. I started spending about $2500 a month on marketing. All that did was get me really busy but I really didn't see any profits. One of the things I tried was Angie's Leads Formally Home Advisor. Holy cow was that a crazy ride.

The leads would come in but a majority weren't ready to clean and were just price shopping. More than half really didn't want to be called and filled out the lead by mistake. I got a lot of elderly people not knowing why I was calling. When notified by the lead service of a new lead, I would have to go through their phone lines and could not contact the customer directly. So when contacting the customer, the first thing I would do is get their phone number so I wouldn't have to go through the VOIP lead line. It sucked! Then on top of all that, the leads were expensive. They were charging me over $40 per lead.

This morning I liberated myself and canceled the service. Good grief. I guess it would be good for a noob that's desperate for any type of work, but it just didn't workout for me.

Last edited:
Name
Nate W.
We used Service Magic years ago.. The customers who were savvy would look at our name and call directly.. They "thought" they were being charged a higher price because they were going through the service providers number..

I have never liked the yellow pages tracking phone numbers, or any other lead generator using a tracking number.. I understand the concept, however if a customer saves your number under that, it may not work down the line..

We were at $15-20/call

Reactions: Nomad74
Name
Doug B
Tried HA years ago. My call volume decreased and I noticed that the calls coming in were from them or from repeats. I ended up sitting around a lot. The calls from them were either asking a lot of questions and not booking or would say they already scheduled with someone else even though I would call right away. After about two months of this I checked my website ranking. I had been second in my area before. I had to scroll to the 4th page to find my own site. I called HA and told them what was happening. They denied their actions would cause that. I told them they need to stop and undo whatever they did. A day and a half later I was the second listing again.

Reactions: Mikey P and Nomad74

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
There's a trend hear you know... Service Magic sucked, so they changed their name to Home Advisor; which then sucked again, so they merged with Angie's list. Rinse and Repeat!
🙂

Screenshot_20220118-170515_Google.jpg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The guy kicks me in the balls for parking funny and not using a sock to filter my nasty water…then he turns around and uses HOME ADVISOR

MORON

Reactions: DAT
Name
Lyon
Damon this week is dead, I need to get some work, but don't want to spend all the profit just to get leads

When I hired my guy I ramped everything up. I started spending about $2500 a month on marketing. All that did was get me really busy but I really didn't see any profits. One of the things I tried was Angie's Leads Formally Home Advisor. Holy cow was that a crazy ride.

The leads would come in but a majority weren't ready to clean and were just price shopping. More than half really didn't want to be called and filled out the lead by mistake. I got a lot of elderly people not knowing why I was calling. When notified by the lead service of a new lead, I would have to go through their phone lines and could not contact the customer directly. So when contacting the customer, the first thing I would do is get their phone number so I wouldn't have to go through the VOIP lead line. It sucked! Then on top of all that, the leads were expensive. They were charging me over $40 per lead.

This morning I liberated myself and canceled the service. Good grief. I guess it would be good for a noob that's desperate for any type of work, but it just didn't workout for me.

Reactions: Nomad74

Mikey P

Administrator

What's next, paying Tre to SEO your site?

Reactions: RugSucker

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom