My experience with Post Cards!

JDeShon

In the past I did a few mass mailings and have had very little to no success. The mailings consisted of 5,000-10,000 cards with a demographics of $80,000 of income or more per household. My question is, for those of you that have tried postcards, have you had any success? Has any of you tried it out and it break even, then continued with them and eventially had success?

The layout on the card works because we have used it in other forms of addvertiseing and has worked very well.

JDeShon

I'm sorry, I tried to get it on here. I'm haveing a hard time takeing it from Adobe.

JDeShon

Sorry about that. You buy list through mailing compaines and never actually see them.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
You can get the same information you got from that mailing list company for free from your local library, and actually have the ability to audit the list.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Steve,
What is the name of the list at the library and is it computer ready?
Thanks David

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Most of the direct mailings don't work for a few reasons

The ad itself is a big reason...doesn't appeal to the female home owner etc doesn't say "carpet cleaning" or a reason to call etc.

The type of card..what size? Thickness? etc

Consistency...Direct mail is something that needs to be done every month without fail. Some don't have the money for that....after about 6 months of mailing the same (or similar) card to the house...you'll start getting calls.

The problem is, you really don't know what works until it works. Areas are different and people are different. So after failing a few times, most give up before they find out what works.

I've done the mailings with some success....nothing huge. Too big of an investment for me and how I do things now but the one thing I always say....as others have said before me...

It's seldom the advertiser.....it's usually the ad

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
It think the list is a big problem. It's a cold list.

You have to warm it up.

A few ways to do it. The best way is only send to those asking for more information about your company or to those that have a current relationship with and existing service the client already uses, or sent to friends of your existing clients.

You just have to set up the devices that make this happen.

Or another way that can warm a prospect or piss them off is to send and sequential mailing.

The lesson is. Don't send a colld list!!!

It's like swimming up stream and wearing weights from the start.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
dmirf1@msn.com said:
Steve,
What is the name of the list at the library and is it computer ready?
Thanks David

Our librarians here are trained on how to generate these lists with the criteria specified, by zipcode > house income,ect. I didn't know they could do this up until about 2 months ago, when someone had told me on Facebook. I went to the library and simply asked and they were able to. Its the same list that you get from infoUSA, so as far as I know it is computer ready.

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
David - Call or check online to see if your library has an online version that you can access from home over the internet. Most do. They basically have a license with Reference USA (Info USA); the only let you down load a fixed number at a time an you would have to assemble the data once downloaded. The only way I would do this is if I were telemarketing and could do it live while on the internet. Kinda have my doubts if that would be effective; I know it would be annoying!

John Buxton

You can also use a Hayne's Criss Cross directory at the library or buy it a year at a time. I bought it for a year targeting some neighborhoods I wanted.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom