My first Video about my deo bucket.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Pretty good idea how to evenly get the solution out of a bucket. Good job Ken!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
to quote Ken

"dear god" :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

wtf is the point of deo that much area???

and tell me this isnt part of your whole home special??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
floorguy said:
wtf is the point of deo that much area???

I'm "guessing" it was severely urine contaminated and he water clawed after the flooding.

We generally use a watering can , but the 5 gal bucket would double our capacity when needed .
Good idea'r Kenny

..L.T.A.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Sorry i meant to say with that...

wouldnt it be easier to replace....gross

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
floorguy said:
wouldnt it be easier to replace....gross

Sure it would. How many of your customers, even after you've explained it would be better to replace, want you to treat it anyway?

Awesome Idea!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
watering_flowers_sjpg6815.jpg

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Nice guys...get creative...

Got to be easier not too overwet and flood the downstairs at the same time!!

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I used a watering can for awhile but the little holes would clog and the can would only hold two gallons and the spout was only two to four inches wide. The bucket pours at almost a foot wide and the holes are too big to ever clog (well mine never have).

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
meAt said:
sorry, Elmo, but you can't play in this thread ..unless you're clawing with a shOp vAc , then twirling a towel over it..... :lol:

..L.T.A.

What's the point of pouring all the solution in there when you're just going to want to suck it back out? If it kills the odor...why not just leave it?....But a little less of course.
It's not like you're sucking out the urine or anything. The piss stays no matter what.....So you leave something to kill it.

I'm thinking at that point, it's time to pull the carpet etc etc etc.

But that's just me. :mrgreen:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
uhhh it killz the bacteria is why you pour that much...then you leave it for 15-30 min

then suck it out...yes removing the piss...

yet i agree with you...when it was that bad....just tear it out and get rid of the dog, because you for sho cant take care of it

I guarantee you can go back a week later and that pad will be wet unless you have a fan blowing under the carpet.

S

sam miller

My first thought was not so close to the wood! But ya I use OSR and flood the surface then subsurface extract and I've gone back a couple days later and pulled back carpet to retreat other area's and the pad's dry it doesnt take weeks to dry with a subsurface tool.

Zero blower's left cement subfloor only.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
danielc said:
I guarantee you can go back a week later and that pad will be wet unless you have a fan blowing under the carpet.

not that i have done much subsurface stuff

BUT

they wouldnt have the tools and chems to do it if it left the pad wet and nasty for weeks....

wanna put your money where your guarantee is???

S

sam miller

floorguy said:
danielc said:

not that i have done much subsurface stuff

BUT

they wouldnt have the tools and chems to do it if it left the pad wet and nasty for weeks....

wanna put your money where your guarantee is???

I personally never got a water claw because I've pulled carpet and extrated the pad directly and droped a blower and it still took days to dry. So I thought there's no way the claw could work I was wrong.

The fastest thing is if the pad can be salvaged is throw it outside upside down for a day drys right out then reinstall. Hot sunny day :idea:

No fans no dehus and that pad will be damp for a week. Maybe it is different in the desert west, but here that pad would be damp for days.

S

sam miller

danielc said:
No fans no dehus and that pad will be damp for a week. Maybe it is different in the desert west, but here that pad would be damp for days.

Ya zero humidity 100 degree days are nice!

Jamesh921

Name
James
Ever researched "Top Down Drying"

There are ways to manipulate an area without the use of dehus to gain the desired end without the use of fancy equipment. Many homeowners do it ever day - with a little common sense and the right conditions/tools/venting equipment.

With the right weather conditions and a box fan, an uninformed homeowner could dry that carpet down in 2 days.

Course, it all depends on whether the technician did his job correctly before he left the jobsite.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Brian R said:
meAt said:
sorry, Elmo, but you can't play in this thread ..unless you're clawing with a shOp vAc , then twirling a towel over it..... :lol:

..L.T.A.

What's the point of pouring all the solution in there when you're just going to want to suck it back out? If it kills the odor...why not just leave it?....But a little less of course.
It's not like you're sucking out the urine or anything. The piss stays no matter what

Brian, are you really SO in denial that you see no virtue of flushing "much" of the urine out???
or are just blowing smoke trying to rationalize you inferior cleaning program ???

do i have come to texas and womp you good with an ax handle to beAt some sense into you
:shock: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

..L.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
meAt said:
Brian R said:
meAt said:

..L.T.A.

It's not like you're sucking out the urine or anything. The piss stays no matter what

Brian, are you really SO in denial that you see no virtue of flushing "much" of the urine out???
or are just blowing smoke trying to rationalize you inferior cleaning program ???

do i have come to texas and womp you good with an ax handle to beAt some sense into you
:shock: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

..L.T.A.

Just trying to get people to think realistically. If you're going to that extreme....The carpet needs to come up etc.
....That water's going to wick up the walls, stay wet forever and cause more problems than it's worth.

Just sayin.

-JB-

Name
JB
No, it's not, you guys kill me, "weeks to dry" LOL!

Your flushing the contaminants out, so no food for mold > no odor >> it's deodorized. I always tell them 48 hrs on flooding deos., never been an issue, n we got humidity!

Did one just the other day I flooded over 14 years ago, an waddya know, no problems, no mold, no buckled floors, and most importantly, NO ODOR! HUH? Musta jus got lucky!

PS AWESOME idea, don't worry Bridgepoint or Jon Don will be selling them soon enough! Ivebeensold

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Brian R said:
Just trying to get people to think realistically. If you're going to that extreme....The carpet needs to come up etc.
....That water's going to wick up the walls, stay wet forever and cause more problems than it's worth.

Just sayin.

Ideally, yes Brian, the carpets should come up, the floor sealed and the treated, the pad replaced, and the carpet cleaned or replaced.

However, with the new tools we ARE able to extract a lot of the contaminants out of the carpet and the pad, we are able to sanitize sufficiently enough to prevent odours from reoccurring or mold growth remove occurring.
Its like you keep mentioning about my vacuuming, ie why do I bother if I'm not getting it ALL out. I don't have to get it ALL out but I AM able to get as much out as possible, significantly enough to prevent any further problems.

Now if all someone was to do was prespray and rinse, OR pad it, yes, they would be leaving a significant "problem" that was not dealt with. It would be like simply painting over a rusty part on a car. Looks good on the surface but its rotten underneath.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
danielc said:

I live in Ohio(high humidity constantly), and did this many times when I cleaned here. The whole point of SUB SURFACE extraction is well, to get the water out of a pad. And a water claw or flash extractor do just that.

An air path on top of that spot after extraction for 10-15 mins and you'd be good to go.

Take a scrape piece of carpet Daniel and some equal sized pad. Flood it top to bottom on your driveway. Hook up a water claw, and stand on each spot for about 7 seconds. Do the entire piece of carpet flip then carpet off the pad and see just how dry it is.

PS - Nice video Ken.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom