MY Floor Warranty

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
For those of you that are on this program what are your experiences?

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Ok, looks like no one wants to share their experiences which only means 2 things, it's been very good and your trying to keep the secret all to yourself or it's been terrible and you don't want to admit that you signed up.

dgargan

The idea behind the program is good and I am familiar with the people who started the program. I just never saw the value of the program. The site used to make the program work could be duplicated by anyone for much less. There was good information on how to approach retailers but the same info was available elsewhere. It was a good program for people new to the business and wanted a jump start but if you have been in this business for a few years or more I feel you could do the same thing on your own.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Just for disclosure I want to state that I joined the program. It has not been a success for us however I am sure it's more my lack of sales ability than the program itself. I think the wind went out of my sales when I approached my first retailer which refers me on a regular basis and they balked at the idea. I have stayed on the program hoping that some retailers would join the program since this is a medium size market and since I am currently the only service provider that might get first crack at them, however that hasn't happened either.

A person that I work with in marketing recommended not to join but in the heat of the moment at SFS I joined anyway. So I'll be the first to admit that it was possibly a hasty decision, but again I can't blame them anymore than I blame myself for not working it correctly.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Flooring stores around here have been a tough time and several have gone out of business. I worked them in the beginning when I was doing a bunch of networking and chamber stuff. Honestly, I could not find one that really cared either way if their customer had someone "good" to clean their carpet.

I would refer a specific store for a couple months and then follow back up to see what they had for me - nothing. I even cleaned 2 stores partial showrooms @ no charge for chamber events they were having. The floors were bad to say the least. I got a "atta boy" and see ya later.

I don't consider myself the best salesman, but I have sold a lotta sh^t over the years. I could not get it to work.

Now, I have no interest in working with them. The little bit I got to know them - most didn't know squat about the products they were selling or how to take care of them.

T

Tile Professional

Is it not supposed to benefit the floor store by offering a 1 year stain warranty??
I seems like they would be all over that.
Drew

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I worked the program like crazy and learned a lot about carpet retailers. They didn't like the program and didn't want to give their database to some guy in Chicago. Many just wanted a kickback for referrals, and if someone walked in tomorrow and would give them 1% more they'd see if you'd give them 2% more or they'd switch.

One said, "It's a different world today, and we're not making enough money to be good guys." Another said, "Cut the crap and just pay our salespeople a commission to sell carpet cleaning." The most common comment though, was that they needed to sell color and warm fuzzy, the last thing they wanted to talk to customers about was the negative of handling spots and dirt, so the warranty program was actually a sale killer for them.

I can see it working for certain cleaners and certain retailers though, so if you're thinking about the program you might try talking to some local retailers before you jump in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom