My Groupon Ad runs today and my opinion

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
Guys so far I have sold 14 groupons and there is 19 hours left on the deal. I also have booked 5 customers from the deal who called me directly and I charged them my regular prices. The groupon is for 2 rooms of carpet cleaning for $75 , but the 5 other people wanted upholstery cleaning. So just in the 5 other side calls I have booked $700 worth of work today and with my split with groupon I have comming to me so far $525. I look at it this way, I have been so dead slow , that I can care less if I am doint it for so cheap. I rather be out there getting my name out trying to upsell at every house. Now I did sell my business and have to retake it over in September because the new owner bankrupted the business, so I think this is a good quick way to rebuild. It sure does beat paying up front for advertisement. Also I think this deal of the day stuff works out better for an owner operator. I do not think multi truck outfits this would be good for, unless they are the bait and switch types.

Johnny

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Good job John. It's the exposure, "side jobs" and regular "upsells" (IE: extra areas, stairs etc) that make it work and you're experiencing that right now.
The rest is just gravy....referrals, client base, scotchgard, upholstery.

If you go into a home and do JUST the Groupon...you really don't lose but you don't make too much money from it. But just getting THAT client and possibly their referrals is key....Hell, driving to the place with your logos, handing your card out at the gas station etc is worth the effort.

Most will just think about that $35.00 or whatever you are clearing minimum....every business owner has to think of the big picture of every campaign and every job.

Keep us updated.

I'm going to post my numbers for March in another thread and I'm not even half way through the groupons yet.

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
So Far I sold 29 deals. I get $37.50 each one it is a 2 room open area only. I have booked from phone calls 17 upholstery cleaning jobs at 35% off my normal price. I have upsold every single person who has called that purchased the coupon. My up sell is a cheap one, pre vac, pre spray and clean under the couch and deodorizer for $35 extra. I have to say most of the women who have called are married with children and home owners. I live in NYC the home of yuppies and unmarried people. For our type of service you will attract more married family women. Also I can tell just by their adress's these are people who are making $150,000 plus. Interms of restaurants and stuff like that you will get the unmarried yuppies who will never use your service again. Infact everyone has been very nice to me over the phone.

Johnny

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
Yes I am going to charge extra for pre spray. This is business not charity work, I am not cleaning a friends house. The deal is 2 rooms open areas only. I put one scoop of Procyon in the porty and start wanding. If they want pre spray,deodorizer,move some furniture and spot treatments its only $35 more. This is the way of the new world of advertisement my friends. There is too many people in our country now and the big chain corporations have made it this way. Stanley steemer and sears have been doing this now we must. When I told people over the phone about the $35 extra they can buy they all said thats it? I will take it. So we can either adapt with the times or go out of business.

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
FYI I also had a woman call me book her house and her next door neighbor. Also asked me if I cleaned car upholstery. I told her $125 per car and she got me 3 of her cars and her daughters car and her neighbors. This is the power of these online deals. They are ready to buy. I did notice it is much more high end customers. I thinks its because they are all buying up front and using debit cards. Poor people pay with cash now adays. Welcome to the new world order. The U.S.S.R.A. Either you learn how to work with the new system or you go on food stamps. I do not like this new way of business, but maybe it will be more profitable. Time will tell.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Jtuseo said:
Yes I am going to charge extra for pre spray. This is business not charity work, I am not cleaning a friends house. The deal is 2 rooms open areas only. I put one scoop of Procyon in the porty and start wanding. If they want pre spray,deodorizer,move some furniture and spot treatments its only $35 more. This is the way of the new world of advertisement my friends. There is too many people in our country now and the big chain corporations have made it this way. Stanley steemer and sears have been doing this now we must. When I told people over the phone about the $35 extra they can buy they all said thats it? I will take it. So we can either adapt with the times or go out of business.

so its basiclly a "low end" bait and switch??

so if your "groupon" is $75...whats your normal for 2 rooms??? and do you include prespray in that??

how do you justify "cleaning" with a scoop in a porty??

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
You dont justify anything. You let the home owner decide. They have free choice. I let them know the options and the rest is their decision. I charge for two rooms $120 prespray included

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
Also when I clean my carpets at home alot of times I just put procyon in the tank and I clean. It cleans fine and is a soap free product. I have switched to the bridgepoint clean free and it is just as good and half the price. Now lets get crackin' and keep on hackin'

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom