My Groupon Date Confirmed.....uh oh

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
March 3rd
Wish me luck.

I'm doing a whole house special of $99.00 (up to 1500 sqft single story house)

My best guess is we will sell about 1000 of them....but I really have no idea.

Wish me luck...I will do my best to track it perfectly and report back my exact numbers.
I'm only doing the exact numbers for the "test"
Normally I don't discuss numbers...but this is different in my opinion.

I will be doing one route myself and probably have 3 other routes going for the Groupon and regular jobs...might have to do 4 as to not lose regular jobs.

Yes, it's split 50/50 with Groupon...I will have to work something out with the Subs.

PS. This is part of the contract. lmao
"Merchant wants to sell 10,000 units at a discounted price to Groupon's customers over the course of the next 12 months. Groupon is willing to try its darndest to sell the units subject to the terms in this Agreement."

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
For the record, I tried going for a higher amount but Groupon just wouldn't go for it.

I guess you could say I'm taking one for the team....just to see how this turns out.

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
$99.00 for a whole house? When did you raise your prices? j/k cork..

Well, Groupon get's $50.00, I guess your subs get the other $50? Curious to how many you end up selling...keep us updated. Obviously you don't make anything, but the new custys that could be repeats & give referrals seems like a good deal. Seems like a good way to add a nice chunk to your client list. We all pay for clients via advertising, but with Groupon the O/O has something to lose, his time/labor...with your situation (subs)...custy gets deal, sub gets paid, you get new client...seems like a win-win-win. Good Luck!

Bjorn

subs get half of the half 25 bucks

pretty simple

well 7 inches of new podwer at Baker so I'm off for the morning

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm going to see if my subs are willing to give me 10 bucks per groupon.lol...If just to pay for the phone calls.

Just about every house will have that amount on an upsale alone. lol

All upsales will be split 50/50 so I plan to make money on the deal...as well as make them money.

Tile and Grout, upholstery, extra sqft, scotchgard, grout seal, pet urine, carpet repair, stairs...etc.

These are all good things to offer.....no high pressure sales...if the custy wants the groupon deal only....we'll do it and move on...we want to keep them as a customer like Royal said.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Odin said:
subs get half of the half 25 bucks

pretty simple

well 7 inches of new podwer at Baker so I'm off for the morning

No they will get $40.00 bucks and I will get $10.00.....then it's 50/50

What world do you live in Teri?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Brian R said:
For the record, I tried going for a higher amount but Groupon just wouldn't go for it.

I guess you could say I'm taking one for the team....just to see how this turns out.

Don't insult our intelligence please :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ken Snow said:
[quote="Brian R":s72df8tx]For the record, I tried going for a higher amount but Groupon just wouldn't go for it.

Don't insult our intelligence please :mrgreen:[/quote:s72df8tx]

LMAO...I thought about that when I wrote it...YES I would have done this anyway...love an adventure.

BUT, I am also doing this to test it out as it is now and report to all here.

shiteatinggrin

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
so they wanna take 50% for simply putting it out there??

F that :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

hell i would rather pay someone 50% for going and knocking doors...

what a bunch of scam artists

CDRX

It will be interesting to see how it goes. From what I've been reading the guys that make it work are good at doing a slick sales presentation beforehand and upselling all the additional services like you offer.

I'm sill on the fence about Groupon, I don't want to make my customers feel like I do when I go to Jiffy-Lube for a basic oil change.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
floorguy said:

How much do you think you pay for a customer now?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
that depends on how established you are and what your form of advertising you use. Currently and for the last couple years my number has been zero or pretty close to

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Bundy said:
that depends on how established you are and what your form of advertising you use. Currently and for the last couple years my number has been zero or pretty close to

I think I hear the BS detector going off again. Must be a Greg Crowley post. shiteatinggrin

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I know my costs for new clients is close to zero.

Whole house and you are guaranteed to gross 10 bucks?

You might as well clean for free and make it up in volume.

Hope you don't lose your shorts while you burn out your subs.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I get $10.00 for NOT doing the job
The sub will get $40.0
If I do the job I get $50.00

And thats to do the minimum.

We'll be burnt...but hopefully we'll be burnt with money in our pockets.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Yoakum already did his ad search I haven't advertised in years, why is that BS

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
You guys claiming 0.00 cost per customer....come on now. If you've been in business for 5-10 years with a nice data base and only do repeats, o.k. Probably not the case. And if you get referrals from your current clients, that's not free (referral rewards, discounts etc..).

If someone puts an ad out for $1,000 get's 2 to 1 (2,000) let's say the average job was $100 (keep the math simple). That's 20 new customers. Guess what, you paid $50.00 per customer. This math is just an example...but we all pay for customers and hopefully get lots of repeats/referrals to bring ad costs down or eliminate all together. But i'd love to hear how guys are getting customers for free; hell, even repeats costs money to mail PC's, newsletters, etc...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
floorguy said:

This one needed another quoting.....JUST PUTTING IT OUT THERE??????

You put it out there and see how many hits you get hot shot. ROFLMFAO!!!!

They have millions on their mailing list...do you expect them to do it for free?
How much does YP.com charge to "just put it out there"

Sorry bro...that one erked the hell out of me. Congrats because I usually don't get going like that in real life.

The nerve. lol

THAT'S WHAT ADVERTISING IS!!

HELLO!!!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
royalkid said:
You guys claiming 0.00 cost per customer....come on now. If you've been in business for 5-10 years with a nice data base and only do repeats, o.k. Probably not the case. And if you get referrals from your current clients, that's not free (referral rewards, discounts etc..).

If someone puts an ad out for $1,000 get's 2 to 1 (2,000) let's say the average job was $100 (keep the math simple). That's 20 new customers. Guess what, you paid $50.00 per customer. This math is just an example...but we all pay for customers and hopefully get lots of repeats/referrals to bring ad costs down or eliminate all together. But i'd love to hear how guys are getting customers for free; hell, even repeats costs money to mail PC's, newsletters, etc...

Take yesterday for instance: 2 new clients, Net $875, Client acquisition cost .23 cents per client.

I hope Brian makes a mint. We'll see.

So, you're right it's not free. But, Damn close.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
barney-gumble-pic.jpg

shiteatinggrin

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
Dave Yoakum said:
royalkid said:

Take yesterday for instance: 2 new clients, Net $875, Client acquisition cost .23 cents per client.

well then, let's hear it. How'd you get 2 new clients for .23 each?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
royalkid said:
Dave Yoakum said:
royalkid said:

well then, let's hear it. How'd you get 2 new clients for .23 each?

The Internet costs .50 cents a day. Brings in new clients everyday.

I also get new clients for free with client referrals and the many referral groups I belong to.

Market can seem to have diminishing returns. Meaning high cost advertising can be crap and and some of the low cost or free methods can be very productive.

Groupon is the new kid on the block. I don't know how well it work for carpet cleaning even though I think it could kick @ss for more regular (weekly, monthly ) services.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
uhhh does getting back an old custy that was taken for stupid reasons count??

if so it was 0...she called me when she found out she wasnt in that stupid contract anymore....granted trying to get ahold of her boss to lock a few more stores is a pita....but when its all said and done, 3 stores at about $1000 per store per month (hard floor care, stripping buffing once a week etc.)

and all it cost me was doing a damn good job prior to...then corp, had to come in a f it all up...now 2 corp changes and they pulled their heads out....

I dont give client or referal bucks or what ever you call them...when i am out and about i leave my card and chat with them a bit, or it is word of mouth, with out the bribery...

soooo ok the 05 a card....

i dont do mailings, i call for reminders....or stuff is just set...call me this month and we will do it again...

now i wanna go get some a little closer to home...so i guess itll cost me gas to drive over, and worn shoes....and lunch for myself...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
lets say no one upsales...

$40 for 3 bed, liv, hall...

uhhhh no

how much are the stair add on?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Terry,
My website costs 14 bucks a month.(it's a fact) It reads like this on the top of Google along with my picture:

Royal Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning Lincoln Nebraska Call for your Free Quote:423-7200.Delighting Lincolnites for over 25 years. carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, pet deodorizer, anti-allergen/dustmite ...
**********************/ - Cached 5401 South 20th Street Circle, Lincoln - (402) 423-7200
"Highly recommend Royal carpet cleaning. Dave was very thorough and professional." - judysbook.com (6)

21 reviews
Place page

How can the clients resist. It's like client crack.

Now back to Groupon................

Bjorn

no one gives a shit about our web site it's how much you claim to make

Back
Top Bottom