My Groupon Date Confirmed.....uh oh

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Odin said:
no one gives a shit about our web site it's how much you claim to make

Terry.

Get rid of the mental block you seem to have about making only so much on a job and you can make $875 on 2 jobs new client resi jobs too.

Why limit yourself with self imposed limitations.

The client were very happy and thought my rate were quite reasonable.

It seems the more they spend the happier they are and the less the bigger pain in the rear they can be.

I'd rather make more and have great clients.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
floorguy said:
lets say no one upsales...

$40 for 3 bed, liv, hall...

uhhhh no

how much are the stair add on?

It's $40.00 for the sub..stairs are $3.00 each...it will take all of maybe a half hour to clean ...maybe 1 hour pull up to drive away.
a 1500 sqft occupied is going to have 500 sqft of cleanable carpet.
Their cut would normally be $75 on that with my regular prices
Not a horrible loss but remember...pet urine is a big one here and lots of tile.

These guys around here are used to getting less from other companies.

Groupon brings in a better grade client...plain and simple.

I've been here before and most of the Groupon customer were home owners.

Ask Jay D what subs are getting in this area...then ask how many subs are actually working right now.

Walt

Can you back out of this if it ends up killing you? What if you can't service everybody in the given amount of time? Does the coupon ever expire?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
This one will expire in a year.

I can do somewhere around 90 to 100 jobs per week.
That's 10 weeks if we sell 1000

In my last experience 30% called right away...most scheduled at least a week out.

The other calls came over a span of 6 months...which is when that one expired.

Most people do not expect to get in same day with the deal.

Worst case scenerio, I piss off a few people and gain a ton of new and happy customers....you can't please everyone...but we try.

I fully plan on it "killing me"....I always bite off way more than I can chew.

You live once.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Brian R said:
a 1500 sqft occupied is going to have 500 sqft of cleanable carpet.

So, is it set up for traffic areas only?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
My biggest expectation of this are the "side calls"...the ones who call us first to inquire about the Groupon but never buy one.

We stiill do the job and don't cut it with Groupon.

The huge amount of hits to my website, the exposure....you guys are F'n nuts if you don't do this.

Ok, unless you are happy with just running one truck a few jobs a day...and that's cool.

But if you want to grow your business...you should not be afraid to put yourself out there.

If I totally screw this (which I won't) who cares? It's not like they'll put me in Carpet Cleaning jail over it. :roll:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Dave Yoakum said:
[quote="Brian R":29qbd14o]a 1500 sqft occupied is going to have 500 sqft of cleanable carpet.

So, is it set up for traffic areas only?[/quote:29qbd14o]

We can move some furniture....for a little extra.

For the price, we come in and clean...that's it....moving furniture, pet urine, red stains etc...will cost more.
Where I might throw those in at my regular price.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Brian R said:
[quote="Dave Yoakum":3rdhtysp][quote="Brian R":3rdhtysp]a 1500 sqft occupied is going to have 500 sqft of cleanable carpet.

So, is it set up for traffic areas only?[/quote:3rdhtysp]

We can move some furniture....for a little extra.

For the price, we come in and clean...that's it....moving furniture, pet urine, red stains etc...will cost more.
Where I might throw those in at my regular price.[/quote:3rdhtysp]

Will the Groupon spell that out?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It has the fine print listed....We hardly ever move furniture anyway.

Would you expect a cleaner to come into your home and clean your carpets AND move the furniture for that price?

Most people are realistic about it.

A good amount of people will buy the Groupon just because it's a good deal and then keep it to use later.

Double bonus...you have their money and don't have to do it right away and the 2nd bonus is it shows they probably have a little bit of disposable income.

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
Brian said

If I totally screw this (which I won't) who cares? It's not like they'll put me in Carpet Cleaning jail over it.

No but in a rehabilitation center physically, mentally and fiscally broke.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lots of laughs on this thread but seriously good luck with the Groupon effort.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Thanks Terry.

Sometimes I see square cars with men in white suits driving...Not sure what that's all about. Ivebeensold

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
My concern with Groupon, what's to keep all of those new customers that you service From taking advantage of the next Groupon deal & the next new carpet cleaner that tries to see what will happen? Doesn't this just continue to lower the value of our service?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
BLewis said:
My concern with Groupon, what's to keep all of those new customers that you service From taking advantage of the next Groupon deal & the next new carpet cleaner that tries to see what will happen? Doesn't this just continue to lower the value of our service?

Your repeat customers are only as good as your marketing efforts.

Harper is right as usual.

Groupon is for the retail industries not the service industries at rock bottom prices.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
danielc said:

Groupon is for the retail industries not the service industries at rock bottom prices.

That's Horse Hooey....most business owners look for ways to NOT make money...I swear to God. :roll:

It's biggest in nail salons and such....Service industry

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Nail salons, restaurants, groceries stores, dry cleaners. All high frequency businesses with daily to weekly repeat rates. I have found most who do it in a service industry like ours are ones trying to create a brand or grow their brand beyond what they may be able to do with whatever they have been doing. If it works that's cool.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
danielc said:

Not so true Daniel.

Groupon could be great for many service business.

For instance it can be use to introduce, Lawn services, Hair cutting, regular house cleaning,entry rug cleaning, refuse service,Internet services, cable TV services, etc.....

Or almost any service that has repeat service on a weekly or monthly basis.

Carpet cleaning that repeats once a year at best is not as good of a fit.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Your repeat customers are only as good (and loyal) as your Marketing efforts.

If you "let" YOUR customer look around for another cleaner...you're doing something wrong.

Service Monster, Magnets, Letter openers and other swag to stay in the face of the custy without stalking them is just one of the important parts of keeping a customer.

CDRX

John Braun is giving Groupon a try and planning to post his results as well. He also has a few comments on his blog (link below) from some cleaners who have given it a try. It will be interesting to see how both of your results compare. If Brian and John Braun get great results, I will certainly be taking a serious look as I'm sure many other cleaners will as well.

http://advertisingblogg.com/groupon-for ... usinesses/

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
That is an awesome question Fred. I didn't even think of that angle. They aren't thinking who did it they are thinking how they got it. Groupon worked last time lets try it again

I have to say your always wanting to be right brian hurts you, you can not do a complete up and down critique because you are way too defensive

joe harper

Name
joe harper
FCC said:
So...say you do a fanstastic job. Where is the loyalty/trust placed? Is it in the service provider or Groupon? The customer got a great deal and didn't get screwed so it seems they are just as likely to check groupon when they need the carpet cleaned again..........even if they do call you to get your "real" price.

not speaking of the folks who will look for the next deal no matter what

just a thought...not saying it is the "reality"

IMO....."that is exactly what will happen...!!!!!!!!"

Why would the "ChEaP-ScApE"...want to pay Brian more MONEY next year...ESPECIALLY
if they were happy with his work....!

Their LOYALITY....will REMAIN with "GREY POOP-on".....They GENERATED THE LEAD...Not
mAry's company.... :roll: "The TigHt-WadS"....will always go CHEAP..... :oops:

"They will ASSUME...that all cleaners are the SAME..... :x "

ps...Then we can ..."ALL"...deal with more iGnoRanT..Price Shoppers...."Thanx mArY".. :roll:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
CDRX said:
John Braun is giving Groupon a try and planning to post his results as well. He also has a few comments on his blog (link below) from some cleaners who have given it a try. It will be interesting to see how both of your results compare. If Brian and John Braun get great results, I will certainly be taking a serious look as I'm sure many other cleaners will as well.

I've already done Groupon and it turned out great. I just did a repeat today and it was a 4500 sqft house and 2 sofas.

These guys are just reaching for reasons out of fear...that's it.

These Groupon people are not cheapskates...they are like anyone and will take advantage of a good deal when they see it...sometimes whether they think they need it or not.

You guys are just dead wrong....where do I start to explain that to you?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
Your repeat customers are only as good (and loyal) as your Marketing efforts.

If you "let" YOUR customer look around for another cleaner...you're doing something wrong.

Service Monster, Magnets, Letter openers and other swag to stay in the face of the custy without stalking them is just one of the important parts of keeping a customer.

@...$10.00...profit.. :roll:

How can you afford to mArKet to them.... :?:

Make up your MIND... :!:

In one BreaTh....you are Sooooooo Great...."That your rEpeaT business is FABOulOuS..!!"
In the NEXT breath...."You justify "BuYinG"....the SAME CUSTOMERS BACK.. :roll: .."WTH"

joe harper

Name
joe harper
CDRX said:

"Brian will do WHATEVER is nessary to keep his ScAm...alive...HE NEEDS CASH FLOW !gotcha! "

They ALL end up in the SAME PLACE... :oops: .....When the LIGHTS are turned ON... :!:

NA-BF032_MADOFF_DV_20100317203647.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I was talking about what Harpet sed Fred...I threw up my numbers a while back in the MMM room.

Harper...what the hell are you talking about? I don't buy "back" my customers...I market to them.

10$ profit is before I walk in the door. $50.00 profit if I clean it myself.

The rest is gravy.

Put your damn glasses on when you read or wipe off the goo juice from your screen...I know you get excited when I post.

Back
Top Bottom