My Groupon Date Confirmed.....uh oh

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
I don't see the harm with this? If he hits his goal (1,000). Maybe rates the custys;
A: upsold, nice home, pleasant to work with etc...
B. Some upselling, nice home
C. Price Sensitive...not likely to use again
D. Reminds him of Harper, runs out the door
etc...you get it.

Like Brian said, "Your repeat customers are only as good (and loyal) as your Marketing efforts"

If out of the 1,000 custys, he decides to focus on 500 of them (A's & B's), they'll have HIS info, his magnet on the fridge, they'll get his post cards w/ specials, his reminders etc...

And let's not forget about the potential upsells he can make. I can't see this situation as a losing one. He gains custys, decides which ones are worth his efforts and he can even make some money if he gets some decent upsells. Seems like a good use of time during slow months.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
royalkid said:
I don't see the harm with this? If he hits his goal (1,000). Maybe rates the custys;
A: upsold, nice home, pleasant to work with etc...
B. Some upselling, nice home
C. Price Sensitive...not likely to use again
D. Reminds him of Harper, runs out the door
etc...you get it.

Like Brian said, "Your repeat customers are only as good (and loyal) as your Marketing efforts"

If out of the 1,000 custys, he decides to focus on 500 of them (A's & B's), they'll have HIS info, his magnet on the fridge, they'll get his post cards w/ specials, his reminders etc...

And let's not forget about the potential upsells he can make. I can't see this situation as a losing one. He gains custys, decides which ones are worth his efforts and he can even make some money if he gets some decent upsells. Seems like a good use of time during slow months.

This must be a CHEM-DRY....thIngY... :?:

I thought you were FULLY dE-bReifed.... :lol: :lol: :p :mrgreen:

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
:mrgreen:
Naw, not a Chem-Dry thing...lol

When i first learned of Groupon, i thought, no way. But i've grown interested, seems like it "could" be a good thing for some :?:

I guess when John, Brian and others who try it give us their first hand experience/thoughts then we'll see :idea:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
it is 5 levels below val pak. Instead of giving your money to a sales person your giving it to a website

joe harper

Name
joe harper
I am going to have to CHANGE our ENTIRE business modle... :shock:

We are doing ...EVERYTHING WRONG ... :oops:

We are going to...ANNOY the HELL OUT OF OUR CLIENT'S ...in the FUTURE..!

These STUPID clients .....call us ALL THE TIME...asking us if we can work them into our
schedule... :x I had NO IDEA......that we should be SPAMMING...sending them postcards..
BEGGING them for WORK....CHANGING our prices every week...DEMANDING testimonials... :roll:

We have done it ALL WRONG... :cry:

NO MORE....of this on-time service ....clean-cut employees....perfectly satisfied results...
THIS CraP will STOP immediately... :evil: We will beg for their business....sent different hAcK
subcontractor to every appointment...Lie to them about arrival times ...
B&S the HELL out of them ...until the STOP calling us .."YEAR after YEAR"....... :roll:

DaMn those ARROGANT sums-a bitches...!!!!

Thanks Brian ...I have seen the LIGHT.... :mrgreen:

Name
Lee Stockwell
Our experience with coupons and similar deep discount situations is that "once a coupon user, always a coupon user".

We've donated five or six $100 certificates to the local Lions Club radio auction (WNBS Murray) for 40 years...a great cause. They buy eyeglasses for those who can't afford it. Usually each certificate goes for $50 or 60 or so.

However we've noticed the same people buy them year after year, which is OK...but not for getting new clients. I still feel good about it.

On the other hand another local station has a deal where we trade advertising for smaller certificates they auction off for profit. (Bargain Line-WCBL) It pulls the bottom end of the price market and no matter how great our service they just aren't going to be "our" clients.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am not ashamed to say I built my business on Valpak and I am insulted the way people talk about my consumer as ship jumping pieces of crap but in groupon they aren't buying me they are buying groupon

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
:roll:

I've explained...we do quality work.

It's funny because the same carpet cleaners that Harpocrite pretends to defend are the same ones he calls...what was it?
" hAcK subcontractor"

Try this harper.
Clean carpets for the people who need them cleaned...quit pretending that you are gods gift.

It's carpet cleaning for crying out loud...when it becomes brain surgery come talk to me.

Did anyone read what I said about the demographic of a Groupon buyer?

You can pretend what you think you know is right...but I've done it...who else here can say that?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
HARPER said:
Bundy said:
so what were the results when you did groupon in texas

Give him a minute....................He will "mAkE-uP"....some #'s.... :p

ps.."PUNN INTENDED"... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you speaking from experience? I don't tell numbers for that very reason...anyone can make anything up...just look at crowley. !gotcha!

But I did post my real numbers and they weren't that high...but I'm doing repeats now...it's a year later.

So nyaahh....We (me and my "hack subs") must be doing something right.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
so you go to insulting me? a brick and mortar business with enough people around me to prove I don't lie.

I have just made it official business to beat your ass if I have the chance without getting arrested

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
:roll:

I've explained...we do quality work.

It's funny because the same carpet cleaners that Harpocrite pretends to defend are the same ones he calls...what was it?
" hAcK subcontractor"

Try this harper.
Clean carpets for the people who need them cleaned...quit pretending that you are gods gift.

It's carpet cleaning for crying out loud...when it becomes brain surgery come talk to me.

Did anyone read what I said about the demographic of a Groupon buyer?

You can pretend what you think you know is right...but I've done it...who else here can say that?

YOU have DONE NOTHING.... :cry:

You FlAp that kEyboard...!!!!! But that is IT... :!:
Their is NOT one person on this BOARD...That can SPEAK TO THE QUALITY OF YOUR WORK..!

You are a IntERnET...cArniVal BarKer...a 100%...loooooooser.. :oops: :oops: :oops:

You have NO equipment....No sub-contractor that has EVER come to this BOARD to verify
anything you say...!!!! You operate out of a RENTAL HOME.... :roll:

You probably had to leave SF.... :shock: :mrgreen:

You are just a KeyBoaRd....pukeing out PlaYgEriZed....INFO..... :idea:

You are dangerous to this BOARD.....In the FACT that you can ....influence the
young & inexperienced...to make POOR BUSINESS DECISIONS.... :x :x :x :x :x

I am about to TURN-UP THE HEAT.....So prepare for the mElTdOwN.... :idea:

Ps.. If Mike or any other admin or mod....has a problem with this...PLEASE PM me...?

Brian....If you are sincere in your EFFORT's...PULL you ads..!!!
Otherwise you are..."FLAT-OUT SHILLING"...A VIOLATION OF THE RULES.....!!!!!!!!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have no problem being made sport of but if I am going to be called a liar, it is whoop ass time.

I have a few words for you Brian "say that to my face" POS

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
without your editorial I now have the first person I ever disliked on the boards.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Bundy said:
I have no problem being made sport of but if I am going to be called a liar, it is whoop ass time.

I have a few words for you Brian "say that to my face" POS

EZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...their champ... !gotcha!

I Know you don't take that CRAP from anyone.... 8)
But we can't threaten him physically... :idea:

Lets just SHOW him for what he is... :!:
He doesn't realize ...how his lashing out can HIT a NERVE....
Remember this is VIRTUAL to him.... :idea:

I actually like BRIAN... :shock:
I just DO NOT...like what he is doing on this BOARD....I think it can hurt the Newbies &
some here that are hurting in this Industry....His ADVISE...is over the TOP..and Misleading..!

PS Greg...I have spoken to you on the phone....You are a good guy ....!!!!!
Don't let him GET THE BEST OF YOU..."You are SMARTER than that.!!!!"

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Jeez calm down Crowley...I'm just F'n with you, you lunatic.

Harp, you can turn it up all you want...you know I'm right...you just don't "LIKE" that.

I help out guys when I can and I accept help when I need it.

You on the other hand are the "Mr. F'n knowitall blowhard "get off my lawn" senile old fart with and attitude problem."

If anyone has misled anyone...it's you and your harporcitic ranting.

The only harm I do is challenging others to be more than they are instead of stuck in the "I've been doing it for 20 years" crap that gets no one no where.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
FCC said:
Brian told me you're nothing but a loudmouth alcoholic lying pos.................and he would beat your fat ass if you said anything to him at MF

I about crapped myself when I read that. Funnier than hell.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Bundy said:
I reread FCC post and he got the first 50% right

I just had a post ....go into..NEvEr..nEvEr..LAND... :shock:

Was that you mArY....?

I have received NO pm...from the Messiah.... :!:

487fccee-1273-d10e.jpg

Ps..."DOES ANYONE ON THIS BOARD...have any personal KNOWLEGE...of this WANNABE...?"

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Brian I would let it go if it was the first time but this is about the third time you alluded to that. At a point it becomes insulting and no longer a joke

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Bundy said:
Brian I would let it go if it was the first time but this is about the third time you alluded to that. At a point it becomes insulting and no longer a joke

look at his .."NEWS FLASH"...get Ready thread..it was sent 4 months ago.... :roll: :oops:

Opie Cleaner

I think it's all in the offer.

Perhaps a Groupon for post holiday cleaning good in Jan/Feb might make sense.

Don't think your repeats will be that many as you'll do a good job and hope to keep them. They'll remember getting a good cleaning and look for another deal, no matter how much you market to them. How many of them will want to pay you 2 or 3 times as much the next time?

If your new to the biz it couldn't hurt. better to be working, learning and getting paid.

One interesting fact about Groupon is that 25% of them are not redeemed, go figure.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
how many times do i have to tell you. You may pitch Ken but I am not even in the league

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ken Snow said:
Maybe Joe, Greg & Brian will share a hot tub at MF.

Are you looking to make it a FouRsOmE...?

I haven't recieved a TEE TIME... :lol:

Beware...Rumor has it...that mArY has ...SwaMpAss... :shock:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
hydrocortison should take care of that or anti monkey butt.

Harper you rolling up we need 2 more

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Bundy said:
hydrocortison should take care of that or anti monkey butt.

Harper you rolling up we need 2 more

The last "sHoRt bUs"...is over-booked... :!:

I can only HOPE .....One of the winDoW-lIcKers...wil ride with bAwB... :!:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
HARPER said:
Bundy said:
I reread FCC post and he got the first 50% right

I just had a post ....go into..NEvEr..nEvEr..LAND... :shock:

Was that you mArY....?

I have received NO pm...from the Messiah.... :!:

487fccee-1273-d10e.jpg

Ps..."DOES ANYONE ON THIS BOARD...have any personal KNOWLEGE...of this WANNABE...?"

Wasn't me.

Are you two still going at this?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am training and it is ON
6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxixM4_Rjvs6]

Back
Top Bottom