My Groupon experience revealed

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok, I did a little homework about my experience with Groupon given all the Brew Haha going on here.
I've decided to show my numbers this time because of this situation...I don't normally do this.

Thank you to Service Monster for allowing me to track my sources.

This will include the initial job and any repeats listed....not all repeats were listed under Groupon...so there will be more than what's listed.

I have done 175 jobs that are listed as Groupon jobs....this includes repeats and anyone who found us through Groupon.
The deal sold 98 on the one day.

From the Groupon jobs We made $21,346.00

That's a job average of about $122.00

BUT, we didn't include Groupon's cut in the invoice total because it wasn't our income so you can add another $23.70 to the initial 98 jobs sold...but not the repeats etc....they only took about 30% back in the day.

So you can see how the numbers get a little messed with.

When starting Full Circle....which was just after the deal...some of the job sources were not listed or listed wrong so really there is no way of telling exactly what I've made from the deal.

What is certain is we at the very least did the above numbers and better.

Was it worth it?

By the way...I checked and that first job we did was $685.00

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Keep in mind that it was ZERO money out of my pocket to start this. So the jobs would have paid for the expenses.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
How do you track your repeats w/ Groupon deal, if the repeats would pay your regular pricing (2nd time around) and not the initial groupon price. Wouldn't that be a repeat on it's own since the prices would be different.

If I run a special today say "fb ad - this weekend special only", than that client uses me 6 months from now, I will track them as a "repeat" customer, not the special campaign from 6 months ago.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Right...and we were doing it as a repeat and then listing them as our 6 month or 9 month etc reminders.
Hard to tell how it turned out.

The account is listed as Groupon in the source field so maybe I can look up revenue just from THAT source.

Let me see.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yes...I do. That is what we made from the jobs and then I split 50/50 with the subs.
Sorry for the confusion.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Brian R said:
Right...and we were doing it as a repeat and then listing them as our 6 month or 9 month etc reminders.
Hard to tell how it turned out.

The account is listed as Groupon in the source field so maybe I can look up revenue just from THAT source.

Let me see.

SM will see it as a repeat and or 6/9 month reminder, even though sometimes SM will automatically "assume" it was the reminder that got them to call, I've noticed that has happened a few times. But now I just let "FMS" assume it was the reminder, I figured they got the reminder so eventually they called. But this is shown as part of the reminders (on the order for their 2nd time around, not the initial account) and not the previous campaign, being groupon, fb, google, etc. 'Know what I mean?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yes I do...and I suppose the last marketing effort gets the credit...I can live with that.

The account itself has the source listed and that helps track where they came from initially.

I'll go into my accounts and somehow get the total of Groupon customers and what they spent.

As I see it now..it doesn't total up the money...it's just lists all the Goupon customers and how much each spent...I will have to total them up manually unless I can find another way.

I think if I download to an excel file there is a way to total up a line...I've done it before but it's been awhile.

Repeats, referrals etc all come from the initial advertising campaign in my opinion.
It's like this.
What got it started? If you do that again will another chain start? Hopefully.

There are other parts to keeping that chain going but it has to start somewhere.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom