My Groupon numbers from March

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok, I said I would post my actual numbers so everyone can get an idea of what Groupon is all about.
Obviously it's not going to be the same for everyone or every company.

Overall....I somewhat satisfied with the numbers. I know I could have done more. I feel I've left some money on the table at a few of these jobs. But that's how I always feel so I don't necessarily think it's a "Groupon" thing.

Anyway....Here goes nuthin

This is a quick post for the numbers...and then PLEASE read the explanation before you attack...I'll try to explain the best I can.

• Groupons Sold 82 (2 were returned from the original 84)

• 44 Groupon invoices done by the end of March 2011

• $9419.25 in total invoices (including Groupon's cut)

• $214.07 job average

Explanation: The Groupons listed WERE NOT only groupons sold...they were also people who called and scheduled because of Groupon, repeats, referrals etc. I listed everything under "Groupon" because I wanted to see what this campaign would generate.

Hope that makes sense.

BUT...if I were to give Groupon's cut to EVERY invoice listed (44)...Their cut would be $2,200.00.
I would say about 15 of those Groupon invoices didn't give a cut to Groupon...but I really didn't track that very well so I won't speculate...I'll just leave it at $2,200.00 for shits and giggles.

So I "spent" (I never paid Groupon anything upfront) $2,200.00 to make $9419.25. I did about 75% myself (which an owner operator could do 100% of the jobs him/herself) so you can do the math on what I brought home before other overhead...because I give my subs $40.00 to start the job and then 50% of anything extra. It's a bit of a mess to give you real numbers.

I've still got about 40 more Groupons to do...and about 4 tile jobs this week and next from the campaign.

I will admit that from experience, the longer they hold the Groupon, the less likely they are to spend more when you get to the job. I guess it's more from "let's get this over with" than anything else.

The only issue is Groupon is really pushing the "refund" policy to sell more at the beginning. SO people who may have buyers remorse are more likely to get their money back from Groupon.

I really don't know if I get my cut of that...but I think I do...yes even if they return the Groupon..
I'll have to check into that.

Did I leave anything out? Probably a bunch but I just wanted to get the basic numbers out first.

Any questions?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
So, about 170 gross per job after goupon?

I think many here would clean for 170 Bucks.

ICS probally not.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok, either I screwed up or Groupon did. lol

They send the first check out the day after the deal...which they did. But they sent it to an old address. And that old address holds mail and doesn't return to sender...go figure.

So Groupon just sent out my second payment to that same address. lmao.

I changed my address to the correct one and they will be sending my payment asap.

Hate when that happens. :oops:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
So after groupons cut, and overhead(sub's cut, ect ect) what percentage of profit did you have ?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hoody. I did most of the jobs myself....long story.

I'm in ths midst of figuring out as close as possible the take home amount....just got back from running around. Give me a few.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hoody, after Groupon's cut and subbing out some...I made right at about $6219.00...I did about 36 groupon jobs myself.

So my average was $172.75 per job (that's with NO advertising cost at all because Groupon already took their cut)

I did have gas and chems etc....so figure that in.

Not a bad deal...Not the greatest thing in the world either....but considering the quick turn around time....and jobs still to come.

Pretty damn good way to jumpstart or rejumpstart a company.

With YP.com or similar....average would pay $500.00 a month and hope to only make that back each month depending. So I think I did in one month what one OTHER advertiser might do in a year....again, depending.

JDeShon

If your "cost of goods sold" runs about 40% (travel, truckmount, chemicle, labor)(if you do the work yourself, maybe a little different) which is about $3767.70. Then Groupn takes $2200. That leaves $3451.55. Thats about $78 profit per job.
Not bad to create better cash flow, wouldn't want to build a business off of it. Maybe run a couple times a year.

My question is, "what was the deal?". Did you have to heavily up sell?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
see after meeting you and looking at you and your ride, kinda clothes. I still think your full of shit. I hope it works out but a few things throw up the red flags such as I have been in this doing 30 yrs and your 39. I do not have time or the inclination to point out the issues with your numbers but I do believe Tuseo who predicts pretty close numbersd

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I wasn't breaking out the Joseph A Banks for Mikefest Greg. And that is a work truck/personal vehicle.

I've spent all my money before...now it goes in the bank where nobody sees it.

I won't argue my "riches" or lack thereof.

I've been truly cleaning...or helping clean since I was 8 years old...I used to ride on the buffer and help my step dad get the edges, vacuum...etc.
I can't remember much time ever when I wasn't cleaning...even when I had some "real" jobs like working for the city for 4 years after high school....I always cleaned at least part time.

Remember that not all those Groupon invoice gave Groupon a cut...some were repeats, referrals and people who called in on the side and paid 100% for the cleaning.....Go back and read the first post.

The deal was a whole house special up to a 1500 sqft house for $99.00
Stairs, extra sqft were extra. I could have charged for closets and halls etc...but didn't.
My upsells were pet urine, upholstery and tile. Some scotchgard but not enough.
I probably had maybe 5 that I did personally that were "groupon only" jobs...if that.

Almost every house had stairs...I think I've been over this. lol

What's so hard to believe?....they are very mediocre numbers if you ask me.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I forgot to put the smiley face. It was a joke. slow down

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Thanks Jimmy.....and the Groupon campaign is only about half over so we'll see.

The only thing is most get so sick of me talking about Groupon that I hold back now on Mikey's Board.

Anyone can PM me whenever they like if they have questions.

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
so how fast were you completing the jobs? that a lot of work to do for an owner/operator. I do like two per day myself..and its work. how long has it aken you to do all that work?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Did about 40 in March...I subbed some out but I was having some serious problems with the subs so I decided to do the rest myself.

I'm doing 2 or 3 a day 6 days a week. Not killing myself.
It's a little slow going and I just book everyone out a week or two.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Liars figure and figures don't lie. Brian is "figuring"

What are the "Groupon" Numbers. You bundled a lot of "other" numbers in there to boost,hide, distract from the real numbers.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Just the groupon numbers brian not any other numbers used to inflate the total just the groupon numbers.

It isn't that hard.
You sold X for Y
X*Y=?
Upsells on X=Z
X+Z+Y=?

Not X+A+B+C+Y=BS

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
John,

44 groupons done in march

Totaling $9419.25

Groupon's cut was $2200.00

My company made.
$7219.25

But if you were'n't so dead set on outing me to be "BS"ing everyone...you could have figured that out from my first post.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Brian R said:
John,

44 groupons done in march

Totaling $9419.25

Groupon's cut was $2200.00

My company made.
$7219.25

But if you were'n't so dead set on outing me to be "BS"ing everyone...you could have figured that out from my first post.
You said
Explanation: The Groupons listed WERE NOT only groupons sold...they were also people who called and scheduled because of Groupon, repeats, referrals etc. I listed everything under "Groupon" because I wanted to see what this campaign would generate.

So those numbers are NOT correct you put everything in the pot. I don't think it is possible to get a straight answer out of you. I think you should go in to politics :roll:

X=44
Y=49.50 (based on 50% of 99)
X*Y=2178
Z=7241.25

So you upsold $164.57 average per job? What we need to know what numbers are the "repeat,refferals called because of whatever etc numbers you threw in the pot"

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
As stated, I listed everything under the lead source as Groupon that came from Groupon because it's all about what I made from the campaign....Not just the actual Groupon jobs.

The numbers that I posted were the worst case scenerio as far as what "I" did with Groupon in March.

Why does this have to be so hard?

I made $7219.25 from my Groupon campaign in March

Simple.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
LOL Brian just because Obama has his own math doesn't mean everyone gets to use it, and your right it doesn't have to be hard because figures don't lie and I asked for the figures and you continue to figure...

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Your talking in circles Brian. I aksed how much of that was not from Groupon and even though you have already stated that did not all come from groupon you refuse to say how much.

P.S. Shouldn't you be out working?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Dude, it ALL came from my Groupon campaign.

Is a referral from a Groupon job NOT from Groupon? I wouldn't of gotten that job unless Groupon got me the initial job....It just so happens I do wonderful work...but that's not the point. shiteatinggrin

So EVERYTHING that came from Groupon is listed in that amount.

No Circles, no Obama math, Just simply put....I got the work from Groupon.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I would like to know the separation too if you can.

I agree with you it's all a part of the campaign, those extra jobs are the whole idea of trying Robispon.

However on the chance my tech's don't do as well with upsells or the extra jobs that are not coupon holders don't get called in, then we will know they worst case scenario.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Honestly you can't judge one campaign with another...every area and company is going to be different and do things differently.

The whole reason for posting my numbers was just to show it CAN be a good thing.

But you have to keep in mind I am the MASTAH whilest in the customers home....I'm just loveable is all. :oops:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom