My inspiring thought for today

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
I have a few goals for the our team here that are not being achieved despite beating everyone over the head with my wisdom. So at the staff meeting on Friday I am not only going to ask for input from everyone on how to accomplish these goals, but I am going to have the group decide which ideas or idea to implement. Then it is up to them to track their success or lack of it.
Al

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
HI Al

If you are comfortable doing so, ask them if they believe in the goals or if they have suggestions on how to improve them. If they have a part in making the actuak goals you may find they are even more bought into them and have more ideas on how to m make them happen.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Thanks Ken. I took your advice and oddly it turned out they came up with the same 5 goals I had in mind and they are now brainstorming on how to implement and measure them. Win Win. Good idea Mikey except that two are witnesses and tow are women. I like the openness of the idea tho.
Al

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Thanks Ken. I took your advice and oddly it turned out they came up with the same 5 goals I had in mind and they are now brainstorming on how to implement and measure them. Win Win... Al
Excellent, Al. I know you have a good team and now they will get even better because the goals "belong to them".

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS One of my (many) favorite quotes: "When the great leader's work is done, the people will say, 'We did it ourselves'." Lao Tzu

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I always found that if I was held accountable by setting my own goals I did better as an employee. Otherwise I felt I was being worked by a slave driver.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom