My Letter To Home Depot About HD/HR and Greenglides

R

R W

Just to let you know, I will no longer make any purchases from HD, and I will not direct my customers looking for carpeting and flooring to HD anymore. Since HD is the controlling interest in HR/CD, I cannot support a companies that goes after smaller, growing companies with a patent infringement lawsuit. Of course, you know I'm referring to the HR lawsuit of "Greenglides" of Sun City, California. Certainly of Jeff Lyden and Lisa Smith. These hard working people have perfected the carpet cleaning "wand glide", using Teflon. That very product allows me to continue cleaning carpets without the strain and physical "trauma" of pushing and pulling a carpet cleaning wand. HR/CD may own a patent on a similar product, but they do not market such a product.
I enjoyed shopping at HD, because they usually had everything I was looking for. Now it will be "Lowe's", and other "Mom and Pop" stores in my area.

By the way, I just purchased 20 square of Architectural shingles from none other than Lowe's, and it could have been your sale.

As your logo implies......"You Can Do It. We Can Help". Why don't you try applying it to this nasty HR/CD/Greenglides lawsuit, and try helping a small business succeed. I would be glad to start referring customers to you again.

Without much Sincerity,

Robert Hodge
R W Carpet Care
330-793-4544

I'm sure it will go into "file 13"!!

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Robert do you have a address where to mail it. I have similar letter for them.

Golden Boy

We need the adrress to the CEO so we can send it to him a certified letter. How about sending these letters to the editor of the WSJ ?

G

Send these letters to the local HOME DEPOT the corporate office in Florida, Since HD is a publicly traded company, get a prospectus and mail letters to major share holders as well. Also include that ,like I do I take the lowes adds with me to every house I clean , give the customer your letter too. Has worked well for me here. I see more of my regulars at LOWES than hd.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
I'm sure HD is really worried about a handful of letters. I'm not saying its not worth it, but I doubt they care. Just like I could care less if some competitor sent me a letter complaining about my aggressive marketing.

R

R W

Well....got a reply today from HD. One was automated, the other was supposedly written. Here they are.....

Hello,

We appreciate your feedback. Listening to our customers is very
important to us. Your information has been received by Home Depot's
Customer Care Department and will be responded to as soon as possible.
Customer Care will create a record of your feedback and ensure it is
given to the appropriate individuals for review. If further action on
our part is needed, a Customer Care Professional, or a member of our
Home Depot store's management will be in contact with you.

Again, thank you for providing us with your comments.

Sincerely,

Home Depot
Customer Care Department

....and the second......

Dear Mr. Hodge,

Thank you for contacting The Home Depot Customer Care.

We appreciate the time you spent writing to us and forward your
concerns. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Please know that the feedback you provided is shared with Home Depot
management at every level and is taken very seriously. We want to thank
you for taking your time to reach out to us with this feedback. By doing
this, you are giving us an opportunity to improve.

If you would like to speak with a Customer Care professional, please
call us at 1-800-HOMEDEPOT (1-800-466-3337) and select option 3. We
would be happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

Samina
Customer Care

Check out the name....Samina.....that sounds like a real American name!!!

HD Investor Relations is....

http://ir.homedepot.com/

randy

Name
Randy
I have a package to send them too. Problem is you can hear the ticking through the packaging. :shock:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I believe Ken HAIRass perfected the glide and Greenie and Lisa took over as Kenny wasn't too reliable.

Matthew

I will boycott Home Depot too, and tell all of my customers they are suing a small business owner. I wasn't aware of this and think HD is using their power to crush the little guy. Where can I buy these green glides? I didn't even know about them. If they really help make the job less strenuous then I'm all for that. I am going to tell other carpet cleaners what HD is doing. If they tell their customers then word will eventually get around and maybe make a small dent in their profits. 1% is still a nice size dent.

G

I wouldn't say that Ken Harris "perfected" the glide! Aren't there a bunch of people who've bought glides from him that were very very unhappy with the fit or the condition they came in? He may have invented but I don't think I'd say perfected.

AnnaAgostino

Great going RW. Would you mind if I copied your letter and sent it out to HD also :)

We are also shopping at Lowe's and will not patronize HD anymore.

Hi Kevin,

Actually I'm sure HD will care if they start losing many customers. Maybe a handful won't make a bit of difference but if they start multiplying and let's say there are hundreds who won't patronize them, that would have to hurt.

Also I switched over my phone service from Verizon to Cablevision. At first I called and asked if they could lower my rates and they said they couldn't and so I left them. Well after a several years it seems that many have left Verizon and now they're offering lower rates and practically begging their customers to come back.

So, there definitely is strength in numbers. We must stick together to help our friends Greenie and Lisa :)

Anna :)

G

YA know even if this had nothing to do with Green glides and Chemdry. We carpet cleaners are stupid too shop at home depot , why give our enemy or comp more money to whup our ass in the cleaning industry.

Scott

It's not just the cleaning industry.

For several years HD has had a deal with State Farm PSP to be their preferred building supply vendor. Word on the street is that HD might be getting into WD equipment rental too.

Scott

Fon Johnson

I wonder how long it will be before their stock begins to fall in direct correlation to bad investments?

I have seen the trend before where people get "too big for their britches" and bite off more than they can chew. Greed is a motivatior, but not always a positive one.. I stopped shopping there a long time ago due to customer service. I only go there now if I HAVE to to get something in particular.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom