My new bently is streaking on heavily soiled carpet

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Is there any adjustment or easy fix on this or will I be battling this the whole time? Pressure set at 375, brass jets, just what came in it.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I was busy trying to clean. I will have to wait for another heavily soiled carpet. Doing some apartments tomorrow so maybe that will work.

Bob Foster

Send some pictures of the wand from different angles of the jets. Don't need to see the carpet.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Gary;

The Bentley is easy to adjust.

Take two Crescent wrenches and adjust each pair of jets up about 3/8".
Bent%20SS%20Manif.jpg

Try it out again and see how it works.

Larry

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
With the larger than 2"tube for the swivel and the low profile head. It doesn't leave much room for jet heigth adjustment. You might want to get a sheer kit from Joe to help.

1319597498.jpg

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Bob,

Your picture of your wand is not at cleaning height. (It is in a holder on your van)At cleaning height the tube is practically parallel to the carpet. More like the picture I posted.(depending on the height of the operator.)

Notice the wear angle on the glide

Bob Foster said:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Royal Man said:
Bob,

Your picture of your wand is not at cleaning height. (It is in a holder on your van)At cleaning height the tube is practically parallel to the carpet. More like the picture I posted.(depending on the height of the operator.)

Notice the wear angle on the glide

You might want to also notice the Glide on the wand Cobb posted. The slot is not even on the carpet because the wand is raise higher than optimum height.

[quote="Bob Foster":g2pib90s]
MMcloseup3.jpg
[/quote:g2pib90s]

Bob Foster

Yankum, you are again talking out your ass. Where the jets are pointing at and its distance from the target is what matters not the angle of where the wand is when the picture is taken. Not only that but this is a different wand than yours. Mine is almost identical in setup to Larry's.

Go lick some postcards...

Name
Lee Stockwell
As Larry Cobb pointed out, this wand is very adjustable. If you are used to a "one wand fits all--AW29 type" this wand may be too high-performance for you until you learn to dial it in for plush or frizzy carpets.

4 or more jets closer to the carpet can "flare" the carpets unless either/both the pressure is dialed back or the jets adjusted away from the carpet a bit.

On loop ended carpet you can dial it up and really blast away with no harm done. Guys with the TI wands had this same experience.

I love our Bentley!

Thanks,
Lee

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Angle of your jets is way overated.

I just can't figure out why some of you DOLTS obsesse over such stupid stuff.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I was very afraid to start messing with my wand after what happened with my prochem. Once you guys said i needed to tweak things a little tweaking and it looks like it's okay. I won't know until I come across another light colored carpet with completely trashed traffic lanes.

I think it works though. If not, I can buy new jets. Thanks for your help guys.

BTW, it does clean great. It's clean and dry. Harder to manage the hose with a wand that swivels. Also harder to push with that thin glide. I imagine a greenglide would be better but I'm afraid the thickness in the back would make me have to change the jet angle, thus necessitating a wider angle if I am pointing more downward.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Gary,

The other glide will give your wand more height off the carpet which would help.

The Cobb wand and Bob's wand have the external glide.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
It sounds like you have to keep adjusting these jets for different situations. Get wrenches that fit so you don't have to mess with cresents.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
SATAN of course you don't know what you are talking about.

My old CASTEX 16 inch wand has it so the jets are adjustable. You can position the bar to spray straight down if you want.I have mine positioned to spray just right behind the SS glides. The distance of the spray is 2 inches away from the carpet. The spray bar itself is 4 inches high from the carpet as I stand up with it.

The gap of the slot opening is 1/4 inch . This coupled with the twin SS glides prevents it from LOCKING down on a carpet.

I have been with this bitch about 15 years now. We are secret lovers, I stroke her and make her squirt. And when I put her to bed I tell her how much I love her.

The bentley is just a copy of an older better design like the castex.

The bentley will never be the whore like my castex baby!

G

Every time I've used a multiple jet wand it seems to streek on certain carpets. I use a single jet wand even thouh the jet is higher off the carpet and theres some heat loss it sprays evenly on the carpet. I always scrub my carpets so the loss of heat is not a big factor.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
B&BGaryC said:
Is there any adjustment or easy fix on this or will I be battling this the whole time? Pressure set at 375, brass jets, just what came in it.

yeah get a prochem quad jet or Ti wand :lol: anyone that thinks a castex wand is a great wand, oh uhhhh never mind

C

cucu

Jimmy L said:
SATAN of course you don't know what you are talking about.

My old CASTEX 16 inch wand has it so the jets are adjustable. You can position the bar to spray straight down if you want.I have mine positioned to spray just right behind the SS glides. The distance of the spray is 2 inches away from the carpet. The spray bar itself is 4 inches high from the carpet as I stand up with it.

The gap of the slot opening is 1/4 inch . This coupled with the twin SS glides prevents it from LOCKING down on a carpet.

I have been with this bitch about 15 years now. We are secret lovers, I stroke her and make her squirt. And when I put her to bed I tell her how much I love her.

The bentley is just a copy of an older better design like the castex.

The bentley will never be the whore like my castex baby!

i think KOKO iS off HIs meDs again

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
FishinTime said:
Every time I've used a multiple jet wand it seems to streek on certain carpets. I use a single jet wand even thouh the jet is higher off the carpet and theres some heat loss it sprays evenly on the carpet. I always scrub my carpets so the loss of heat is not a big factor.

There is not necessarily a loss of heat, as single jet have a bigger opening (larger droplets) and volume, therefore the water stays hot longer.

I am sure the multi jet contingent will be here to comment shortly.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Re: My new bentley is streaking on heavily soiled carpet

I carry three wands on the truck, deferring to Murphy.

The fewer jets a wand has the farther they must be from the carpet, and the jets are usually bigger. Result: less clogging, less impact and less problem with higher pressure. For a newbie these 1 or 2-jets are good tradeoffs.

Wands with 4 or more jets have them closer to the carpet to get proper spray patterns. They must be filtered better to avoid clogging, but deliver great impact and heat retention for superior cleaning versus the 2-jet, all other things held equal.

If you don't understand these differences you can damage some carpets or do a poor cleaning job.

Thanks,
Lee

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Re: My new bentley is streaking on heavily soiled carpet

Lee Stockwell said:
I carry three wands on the truck, deferring to Murphy.

The fewer jets a wand has the farther they must be from the carpet, and the jets are usually bigger. Result: less clogging, less impact and less problem with higher pressure. For a newbie these 1 or 2-jets are good tradeoffs.

Wands with 4 or more jets have them closer to the carpet to get proper spray patterns. They must be filtered better to avoid clogging, but deliver great impact and heat retention for superior cleaning versus the 2-jet, all other things held equal.

If you don't understand these differences you can damage some carpets or do a poor cleaning job.

Thanks,
Lee
The only exception would be the Steam Way wand, though the cleaning is best toward the middle of the wand. This wand uses a flood jet about 2 inches from the carpet and has a fully enclosed heat chamber, so impact agitation and heat are maximized.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom