My new Butler with my review. With pics of my new wrap

Name
Brad Gouveia
Well I finally got my new butler and it is nice. I was working with a 98 Hyradmaster CDS. The Hydramaster worked great and do not have any complaints about it. I just needed a new van to void break downs and to grow into 2 vans I someday soon.

So here are the pros that I really like about it. It is fairly hot and the vac is impressive. I tried the turbo and could hardly move the wand. It is a very nicely built unit. The 210 gallon tank is huge I doubt I will ever fill it in one day. The most I have filled it to in the 2 month that I have had it maybe half.

Here are the negatives, some are silly little thing but it is the little things that make a difference:
1. Was pricey, I did get all the options on the van and unit and that drove the price up but that is ok.
2. I got the 2.5 option and use flash cuffs. The 2.5 flash cuff does not go through the security door.
3. I was really disappointed that the shelf in the back will only hold one fan I was planning on 2 fans for that area. The top shelf is not really high enough to hold much either.
4. It took about 4 or 5 month for me to get the van from when I ordered it. Part of that was because I wanted a van with certain options like a locking differential. So most of that was waiting of the van, but I thought Butler would have more pull on rushing that.
5. I only got the van with 1/4 tank of fuel. Here again it the little things.
6. The hose reel looks huge but does not hold that much hose as the center is 8 or 10” in diameter.
7. I did have more room with my Hydramaster.
8. The pressure adjust is a pain to as it is in the compartment and you need a flow for the guage to read. I was thinking/hoping that they had a switch that you could swap between 2or 3 preset pressures.
9. The 2.5 plug that came with the unit is too cheap and get sucked in when cat get closed off and have to buy/make my own plug.
10. The block holder does not hold a full sheet of block you have to break off one row. WTF is with that.
11. On the water tank they put 45 elbow (see pic) that is galvanized and when I fill a bucket with water it is already rusting and the water is orange.
12. My biggest complaint is about the water tank. You need to hit a switch every time to fill it. So if you hit and it fills up in the first 10 min of a job it shuts the water off and pulls the water from the tank. So you get done with a big job and you may only have a ½ or ¾ of a tank and you were hooked up. So you have to hit the switch again and hope you can top it off before you finish wrapping up. I am learning to run out before I am done to hit the switch to fill it up that seems silly to me.

All said I do like it just the little things like this bug me and makes me think why. Maybe I am a baby but for what I paid I was thinking it would be perfect.

IMG_5748.jpg

IMG_5744.jpg

IMG_5745.jpg

IMG_5743.jpg

IMG_5751.jpg

IMG_5741.jpg

IMG_5747.jpg

IMG_5746.jpg

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
wait till all those little bells an' whistles start breaking...one at a time...........count the solenoids and vacuum pods on that machine sometime...let alone all the limit switches :twisted:
ohh and let us know how you like it when it's time to change the belts...

nice looking wrap though!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
bob vawter said:
wait till all those little bells an' whistles start breaking...one at a time...........count the solenoids and vacuum pods on that machine sometime...let alone all the limit switches :twisted:

...................................."hAtEr"................................ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
HARPER said:
bob vawter said:

...................................."hAtEr"................................ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

...................................."hAtEr"................................

no..jus a teller of truffs........
that machine ...more often than not will require a Butler technician to work on it
PLUS
don't even get me going on proprietary parts........... :twisted:

then of course theres the......COST!

kendallsdad

Supportive Member
bob vawter said:

Solenoids= 1 (Fresh water auto-fill)
Vacuum pods= 0

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Nice Wrap.... a little busy and the phone number is hard to find at first glance....But it's super professional and the lady really "ads" to it.

Good for name recognition....and I think it says "carpet cleaning" somewhat as well.

Colors are as perfect as you can get IMO

All the certs etc at the bottom are worthless and draw the eye away from the phone number.

Your phone number should be bigger.....In 2 spots on the side (front and back) and your website address could go lower into where the certs are.

Overall it's a killer layout....But I have to find something wrong or I'm just not happy.

Congrats.

PS. Nobody but you will give a crap about the machine you have as long as it cleans......Just sayin. !gotcha!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I agree with most of what Brian said. I'm partial to a 1/2, 1/2 wrap that is readable. (Like your's.)

IMHO: Wraps neeed to be able to pass the 35MPh test ( Be readable when moving.)

Most of the wraps here are very hard to read even when standing still.

Busy backgrounds and the fonts all mix together into a mess.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Looks pretty awesome clean response, just picked one up myself a couple months ago

The wrap looks great! phone number coud be bigger or a different color to stand out more. Just picky stuff, really looks sharp.

janitrex

Looks good. Concerning the 1/4 tank of fuel. Shipping companies wont normally allow a vehicle to have more than that due to safety issues. I think the butler will grow on ya. You shouldve ordered the extended length van. I have to agree with you on the pressure gauge and the chemical pump also irks me sometimes. I have an 04 an am about to replace it with a new one and there is no way I would go to any other brand or unit. The butler just runs and runs, the van on the other hand is another story though. Did you get the larger blower and max heat system?

Name
Brad Gouveia
Yeah max heat and vac. I got every option down to the electric hose reel. It is nice. Extended would not fit in my garage this one is almost too big as it is. I have to more my garage door brace up so the door would close.

The phone number is bigger in person almost 5" tall.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yea i would agree with the Fuel part...WTF...as much as you paid...they coulda gave you a full tank..

Also the galvy :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: uhhhh they make brass 45s...morons...

and where is the pic of the side door open??? come on now shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

looks good though.....i must say i like my box more and more when i see how jammed those vans are

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Love the blue/green Enviro wrap with the "electric" drips of water. Your phone number is plenty big enough.

From what I've heard, the Butler is a first class system, built to last, regardless of what Vawter sez.

Much success to your business.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Take out the plate in the bottom of the filter box and drill 25-50 1/2 inch holes and you will be suprised on how much more vacum you will get.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
the wrap is awesome,people will notice it. the diamond plate if it's aluminum will dull out in a few weeks from the chemicals. i sprayed liner over mine within a few weeks of getting the truck.

gene

Name
Bill Soukoreff
IMO, Butlers are a great value when you see the quality components and materials. Stainless steel has gone through the roof and there is plenty on a butler with the large 210 gallon waste tank and optional 200 gallon (combined) fresh water tank. Stainless steel teflon hoses everywhere. Only one rubber hose on the unit. These tanks are heavy gauge. Aluminium hose reels instead of steel that rust and look ugly in a few months. The beautiful silencer is pure stainless steel and weighs well over 100 lbs. I was pleasantly surprised to see NO restrictions on the max heat blower, the 4007 is true three inches in and out. They run the blower at very close to max rpm (3600) on high speed AND 15" lift. Very respectable for a direct drive and more than you need for a single wand machine. All that for the price of Cleanco.

10 year warranty and 5 years on the new van. For me it was a easy decision.

Changing the belts? Why is that supposed to be so hard?

Name
Brad Gouveia
I had mine Rhino Lined too. The diamond plating it just to protect the carpeting. The kegs and Rx-20 being tossed in and out eat the carpeting up quickly. So that is for protection more than looks.

Here is the side with doors open. I thought everyone knew what is was like. The hose on the far right is from the filter box. I can run the vac reel live but choose not to and pull off what I need.

Thanks for the tip on the filter box I will give it a try. I know Saiger did something liker that as well.

IMG_5750.jpg

Jamesh921

Name
James
I see you're missing some teflon from the bottom of your wand - What's up with that? You got some kinda tricksey or someting? that will innovate the cleaning world? Or did the damn thing jus break off?

Becker

Name
Becker
Jamesh921 said:
I see you're missing some teflon from the bottom of your wand - What's up with that? You got some kinda tricksey or someting? that will innovate the cleaning world? Or did the damn thing jus break off?

Isn't that just a black want stop?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Very nice rig and wrap.

Forget about the cost. If it gives you years of reliable service and ease of operation, the cost difference is negligible.

Enjoy.

Love the mountains in the background.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Ron Werner said:
nice rig and wrap

Is that the dump system, ie that snakey grey tube? Interesting

i was thinking that same thing.....

hope over time "stuff" doesnt get stuck in an elbow....

nice set up....

but like you said...the small things are buggy...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom