My new Dirt Dragon....how does it work?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Looks cool but how does it work? I just have the machine and finally unboxed it.

What else am I going to need to order to clean and apply coatings with? Which of Basic coatings chems will I need and what kind of coverage can expect.

Are Interlinks wood floor products comparable, has anyone tried them both to see if one is better than the other?

2013-01-22_09-36-54_98.jpg

Able 1

Name
Keith
Damn Chavez, you have lost some weight!! Almost back in the same shape as that speedo picture that was floating around here.. Protein shakes? :)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
yea I lost a little, this year I'd like to lose more. I'm thinking of buying a heavy bag and turning myself into a weapon. :winky:

Ok ...maybe not but I would like get back down to where I was before I got married.

Born again hard! :icon_cool:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The Interlink Heavy Duty Wood Cleaner is similar to Basic IFT. Our Wood Fresh neutral cleaner is similar to Squeeky. The two brands are compatible and either one can be used. In fact, the Dirt Dragon is one of about 6 machines we recommend for cleaning wood floors with our system.

The finishes are also compatible. The last time we compared, the Bridgepoint / Hydro-Force finishes had a somewhat higher solids content.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
If you want to feel free to ring me and I will give my methods and tricks as well. I'm sure mike covered everything pretty well but if you want to feel free
Dave
904-483-7307

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Thanks Dave I appreciate it and I will do! I should have bought yours but the timing was just bad. Cost me $1,000.00 more for new. :cry:

Neat little machine! :smile:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Looks nice, definitely want one...
Let us know how it cleans.

As soon as i figure out how to find enough work it will be on the list.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I'm pretty excited about it, I hope it does as good as everyone has said.

I went to take a course and demo that machine.Did not like it for several reasons. I could not believe that they were using water instead of a foam for these moisture sensitive surfaces. A once over might be good but for areas that needed lots of scrubbing it just seemed like to much water was being used.(Tennant has a foam machine for floor cleaning) Next thing i did not like was that when you got to a wall or in a small area you could not follow through with the vacuum to pick up the water so you had to shut the water of way before you got to the end so the water would not fall into the cracks which now meant you had to go cut it in by hand.I also thought that i could do a better job with the way i am doing it now.
In summary i see that machine as being ok for large open areas and certainly not for residential. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You may be right.......remember the broken clock...nuff said! :p

Seriously you brought up good points but we knew going in there would be some hand work. I think it should be fine and for no more than they cost I'm not expecting miracles....just clean floors. :winky:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
LOL

Every time i think about buying one of those things, it sticks in my head yes its ONLY $3k but its going to cost $3k a month in order to find enough work.
Maybe someday when our residential customer list is bigger.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
yea I lost a little, this year I'd like to lose more. I'm thinking of buying a heavy bag and turning myself into a weapon. :winky:

Ok ...maybe not but I would like get back down to where I was before I got married.

Born again hard! :icon_cool:

Losing weight the photoshop way!

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Ok Scott big D will come looking for you if it's not good stuff! :winky:

Do the cleaners dilute the same or any better?
The Basic IFT is about the same price and same dilution as Bridgepoint's Heavy Duty Wood Cleaner.

The Basic Squeeky dilutes better than the Bridgepoint Wood Fresh cleaner, so you would save money with the competition on that item.

mcatt

Name
Mike
My friend says those work great. I have not ventured into wood floors yet myself though

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We just can't make anytime to get to it. :(

Guys & gals are at several fires and a mold job, carpet crews are busy just because there are only two running. I have a couple of guys coming back from training Friday, maybe we can get to playing with it next week. Poor Dragon it's already collecting dust like Jimmy said. I hate you Ladwig! :p

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
We just can't make anytime to get to it. :(

Guys & gals are at several fires and a mold job, carpet crews are busy just because there are only two running. I have a couple of guys coming back from training Friday, maybe we can get to playing with it next week. Poor Dragon it's already collecting dust like Jimmy said. I hate you Ladwig! :p

Don't forget about us Doc !

Back
Top Bottom