My OEM hose is too weak for my everest...

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I was saying my temp is 250+. The temp gauge is maxed out where there’s no number. Which shows it’s somewhere between 250-260. I’m literally holding that trigger at 12flow maintaining that high of temp. Your 570 temp stays that hot also???
High temp setting is 270 I believe. I run it on medium and it sits at exactly 220.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
high heats fun but its not needed all the time, the main fuel burner that came with my TM was amazeballs but I'm running an LG because it was overkill unless all you did was commercial restaurants.

I need some more hose too, thinking of going back to yellow parker

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I cleaned with the 650 the other day.

Plenty of heat with the diverter set to low.

Quit being an idiot.
For the record. These jobs have the heat on low. The trashed jobs have it on high. I’m not a total idiot. I bought this tm so I could get that heat. I know when to turn it off

29F13C85-13C4-4941-A249-87653787201D.jpeg BCC234C8-5A3B-429D-9E58-E0F262018D23.jpeg

Reactions: Desk Jockey

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
There's very few times I use pads under furniture. Sorry, but I've got more important stuff to do. When the customer isn't there, the dog and pony stays out in the truck.

Not porty? I've only used a truckmount for 16years, never had a porty.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I've been trying to buy Interlink's HF hose for a freaking week now! Last week I ordered it, waited a couple day for a tracking number...nothing. Then I tried it again, waited a couple days for a tracking number...nothing again. I log in to my account and it shows I never purchased it. Is anyone having trouble with purchasing things on their stupid website? I tried to pm Scott, but he's too busy teaching how to clean piss off wool rugs. @Tom Forsythe, can you take a break from sniffing all your presprays and help me out? Also...since I'm getting pissed just thinking about it, put me on a different distributor. I can't stand DixieSteamway in Alabama. Why don't I have one here in Georgia for faster shipping? I need this hose before Saturday and I've been trying to order it for a week Now!!!
Thanks @Tom Forsythe and @scottw for jumping on this problem. My hydroforce came in today. I’m sure it’ll perform good. It was the hose I used before I had the OEM nylon hose.

And since I’m back to using ss braided...I’ll turn the temp down a little bit, lol.

E6E90A14-50FB-448A-8D79-49CA0E10863F.jpeg

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
There's very few times I use pads under furniture. Sorry, but I've got more important stuff to do. When the customer isn't there, the dog and pony stays out in the truck.

Not porty? I've only used a truckmount for 16years, never had a porty.
I'm sorry. I thought you just switched. But no padding?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm sorry. I thought you just switched. But no padding?
Very few times I'll use plastic under the legs. I'm very careful NOT to spray the legs with my hydroforce to make the legs wet which would weaken the furniture dye and the only times I put plastic under the legs is if bare metal or older wooden legs are on it. I do triple the dry passes under the furniture and have never had an issue.

I have an OCD with keeping the wand moving. When I have to put the wand down to move furniture, pull hose back, or put plastic under legs, it really bothers me. I feel like I'm losing money when the wand isn't moving. One reason I bought this tm is so I could increase the flow on my wand with more steady heat and do less wet passes.

I'm hiring help this weekend to help me this summer, and hopefully after, so maybe we can keep that wand moving

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Very few times I'll use plastic under the legs. I'm very careful NOT to spray the legs with my hydroforce to make the legs wet which would weaken the furniture dye and the only times I put plastic under the legs is if bare metal or older wooden legs are on it. I do triple the dry passes under the furniture and have never had an issue.

I have an OCD with keeping the wand moving. When I have to put the wand down to move furniture, pull hose back, or put plastic under legs, it really bothers me. I feel like I'm losing money when the wand isn't moving. One reason I bought this tm is so I could increase the flow on my wand with more steady heat and do less wet passes.

I'm hiring help this weekend to help me this summer, and hopefully after, so maybe we can keep that wand moving
Don't skimp on the furniture protection Matt. It will bite you one day. Buy the 4 inch pads and keep them in a shirt pocket. Doesn't take long and then you know you don't have to worry.

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
16 years of my process and 45+% of repeat customers in the last 6months. I’m doing something right

Reactions: Nomad74

steve_64

Good luck with the new help. Been through two kids already but looks like Cooper is sticking around.

Get over that OCD as soon as you can. You will run off employees. I'm learning to slow down myself not just because of that but for my health too. It seems to get done almost as fast but with less fatigue.
When I first started slowing down I felt like it was taking forever to do a room and sometimes it did take too long but over time I've found a good pace. It takes work to change but I'm glad I did. I actually make more money now too.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Does he know dark wood stain comes off occasionally from sitting on damp carpet?

Does he know wood stain is often permanent?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom