My Rat Nasty of the Week

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Photo0190.jpg

Photo0192.jpg

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
This Weeks Rat Nasty
blowme blowme blowme blowme blowme blowme blowme blowme blowme blowme blowme blowme blowme
Photo0199.jpg

FredC

Village Idiot
seriously?
That is "rat nasty"?

I SWEAR most of the pictures shown as "before" on this forum look like nothing more than light soiling after a heavy prespray ...the "afters"...nothing more than recovering the prespray/wetting.................that berber (motel?) without a doubt, looked almost the same before you soaked it (as evidence by the door "path").............likely to look worse when it dries

of course you are going to say that isn't the case.......................but the "darkening" follows the outline of the curtains you didn't want to get wet...............puddin

its sad really...............................still good pics for the consumer I guess..........

most of the carpet cleaners here trying to position themselves as 'heroes" among their peers...........................don't have any f'n clue what a "rat nasty" is despite the pats they may receive from the orange juice users...i' mean kool aid drinkers.....................

There ARE NO RAT NASTIES in this thread....or any others I've seen lately....................just a few carpet cleaners amazed by their own mediocrity...at least you didn't vacuum it for 5 f'n hours though.....or groom it with a sebo ...................

+1 for not being canadian...at least you have something going for you......

sorry ACE

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
You have been cleaning carpets for 17 years and think they put berber in hotels?
That's a quality woven nylon, you ass.
Why not start your own thread and show us all how an old limp dick would do it?
Now fook off, and stop clogging up my Year of Rat Nasty's thread. 8)

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
That must be aladin's motel. I have a section 8 house to do today that should be rough, maybe it will live up to the 17 year idiots standard. By the way why do we go clean everyday? none of the carpets reqally need it they just look dirty from the prespray being layed down :lol:

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
The pictures never make it look as dirty as it was in person. That said, it just goes to show the different perceptions of rat nasty because both of those qualify as just moderate soiling to me. This could also explain all the different opinions on pre-sprays and why one person can believe their pre-spray can clean the nastiest carpets and I can try the same stuff on what I call a nasty and it not hardly touch it.

Well we can't all be high rollers.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
joey895 said:
The pictures never make it look as dirty as it was in person. That said, it just goes to show the different perceptions of rat nasty because both of those qualify as just moderate soiling to me. This could also explain all the different opinions on pre-sprays and why one person can believe their pre-spray can clean the nastiest carpets and I can try the same stuff on what I call a nasty and it not hardly touch it.

agree 100% with all of that , Joeball

..L.T.A.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
FredC has a point.

He's talking about a marketing illusion carpet cleaners have been using for decades.

show a before pic of sopping wet carpet or upholstery.

Then show the pic after it's been dry stroked a few times.

Shizzzaaammm!!!! It's ten shades brighter... :lol:

Oldest trick in the freaking book.

I'm sure everybody on this board is guilty of that at least once or twice.

so far, Ace is the only one i've seen called out on it.. hehehe... Hillarious!!!

good eye Fred. !gotcha!

FredC said:
seriously?
That is "rat nasty"?

I SWEAR most of the pictures shown as "before" on this forum look like nothing more than light soiling after a heavy prespray ...the "afters"...nothing more than recovering the prespray/wetting.................that berber (motel?) without a doubt, looked almost the same before you soaked it (as evidence by the door "path").............likely to look worse when it dries

of course you are going to say that isn't the case.......................but the "darkening" follows the outline of the curtains you didn't want to get wet...............puddin

its sad really...............................still good pics for the consumer I guess..........

most of the carpet cleaners here trying to position themselves as 'heroes" among their peers...........................don't have any f'n clue what a "rat nasty" is despite the pats they may receive from the orange juice users...i' mean kool aid drinkers.....................

There ARE NO RAT NASTIES in this thread....or any others I've seen lately....................just a few carpet cleaners amazed by their own mediocrity...at least you didn't vacuum it for 5 f'n hours though.....or groom it with a sebo ...................

+1 for not being canadian...at least you have something going for you......

sorry ACE

Five jobs the other day. First job was no big deal with a quick vac with my Shark and a 175 scrub.

IMAG0463.jpg

IMAG0464.jpg

Then two stretch jobs which I dropped the 175 off to get the stretcher. Fourth job and I was like damn this place is filthy and I am low on chems and no 175. 4 oz power strike and 1 oz conquest.

IMAG0466.jpg

IMAG0465.jpg

IMAG0475.jpg

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Dan that place was nasty????....STFU :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I did one today that i took the before....i shoulda posted them...but deleted them.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

they cleaned up OK, but not what i would brag on...the amount of red spots and some yellows and blues...lead me to believe maybe they had a paint ball fight in the liv...she said they were there before as well....they just trying to get 1 more renter for the year, before the owner moves back into it....

....shit wish i woulda read this post...then i coulda shown you nasty.....

the Slopppy do, didnt do to hot...though nothing did....i tired to boost it with energy....

LEMME REPEAT THIS IN CASE DAN MISSED IT EARLIER...

POLYESTER CARPETS SUCK ASSSSSSSSS TO CLEAN.

sure they cleaned up a little better then the nylon that was in this joint...but the traffic areas looked like shit...no POP to them at all

Yea it was NASTY.

Ok I have one more I need to upload that I billed 350 to clean three and hallway. One room had to be replaced.

I had to clean a dirty poly carpet today and yes it sucks cleaning.

I have to admit I finally changed my jets this morning. WOW what a difference new jets make. I will have to start changing them every 3-4 months. I think I went 18 months on this last set. Way too long. It actually felt good to clean and I was going so much faster.

Doug you need to get some CONQUEST. Best booster on the market. 1 oz in your hf and your customers will love you. Smells wonderful and cuts so GOOD.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
honestly if you need boosters...then you need a new PS...or quit cleaning so many nasties....thats my thought...

I dont have them on board because 97% of the time i dont need them...

With that said....I DO need to get it re-explained to me the benefits/uses of 40 vol/peroxide....make sure i dont put it some where i shouldnt...or waste it when i dont need it

S

sam miller

A few years back I was getting trashed foreclosurers with no electricity just water on the ones where you hals to patch some permanent damage.

Had 2 realtors sending me lots of these, people really trash stuff when thier pissed, a few section 8 where the vac is a broom and every

room has orange and red stains. when I see a house with 10 to 20 red stains I tell them where to go buy a bottle of red1 and tell them good luck.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
How long does it take to vacuum a room with that shark??

The head is so small.....That's what's kept me from buying one....and the dirt cup is super small too.

?

Brian R said:

The head is so small.....That's what's kept me from buying one....and the dirt cup is super small too.

?

Exactly what I thought when I saw it, but it holds a lot more than you would think, it picks up great, and it empties in seconds. Also unlike the pos bissel it never stops up and the filters need cleaning every 30-60 days. Hair does get in the brush roll. Overall it is a good vac for a decent price. I like it. Try one first before forming an opinion. It would be perfect for you. The on-board tools are nice too.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Brian R said:

?

I bought one when someone posted an Amazon link for $109 .(?)
(can't recall who, but thanks to whoever it was)

It's a good vac and has some great features .
It's also quiet , another plus.
Blow-by isn't bad either
but the POS Bissel Momentum still kicks it's ass as far as digging crUd out out of carpet .
The POS Powerforce does too, but I haven't bought any of those in years since our first Momentum .
The Mo has all the great vaccing abilities of the PF, but a different filter set up that doesn't loose suction like the PF (the only real drawback to the PF models)

http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... CFcQ8wIwAQ

For $109 I'd buy another Shark for sure , though .
Well worth that price ...small head and dust cup notwithstanding
For $159 to $179 they sell for normally, the POS Momentum gets the spot on our truck

..l.T.A.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
meAt said:
Brian R said:

?

I bought one when someone posted an Amazon link for $109 .(?)
(can't recall who, but thanks to whoever it was)

It's a good vac and has some great features .
It's also quiet , another plus.
Blow-by isn't bad either
but the POS Bissel Momentum still kicks it's ass as far as digging crUd out out of carpet .
The POS Powerforce does too, but I haven't bought any of those in years since our first Momentum .
The Mo has all the great vaccing abilities of the PF, but a different filter set up that doesn't loose suction like the PF (the only real drawback to the PF models)

http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... CFcQ8wIwAQ

For $109 I'd buy another Shark for sure , though .
Well worth that price ...small head and dust cup notwithstanding
For $159 to $179 they sell for normally, the POS Momentum gets the spot on our truck

..l.T.A.

yup.....just watch the belts....keep a few on the truck justtttt in case, your Dad is vacuuming and doesnt see all the fooking long dark Asian hair in a poorly lit house, and binds that stupid bar sooooo tight, you need 2 razors to cut it off :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

ohhh did i mention he MELTED the beater bar ends...you know, where they spin freely :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

i dug it out and put that bar on the POS that stays in my garage.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Leslie Judson Jones said:
Outstanding Work !

Thanks Les. I think it is impressive work, especially for $10.00 a room. :lol:

It’s damn had to get an Atta Boy around here. I notice they guys who could not give a compliment to save their lives are the dedicated owner ops who have given up any hope of growing a company. Or the guys who just married into a successful company. I’m not trying to impress or one up anyone here. I just occasionally post my work here because sharing with others in the industry about our art and craft is what keeps me motivated and helps me find ways to take it to the next level. The board has also helped me learn how to deal with assholes.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
ACE said:
The board has also helped me learn how to deal with assholes.[/size]

:lol: :lol: !gotcha!

this is a tough crowd here , ain't it :lol:
That's why I don't post pics of carpet much.
If the contrast is dramatic and cleaned part "PERFECT" , it'll get picked apart .
Maybe not on the board publicly, but I'll guarantee many-a-BD's that see it and think,

"Dude, that don't look so great"

that motel room would be a great pic to use on a website IMO

yea, some of that is the pre-spray/wand extract berber action ,
(I LOVE to call the custy in and show her the contrast !gotcha! )
but plenty of that looks like truck driver traffic lane shoe goo too ..to me

..L.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah, some guys have a hard time dealing with things so giving the hard time works best for them....Have you ever heard of that Harper character? blowme

I disagree about using that photo unless it's for a commercial cleaning based website.

If you're using it to impress homeowners ....All you're telling them is you're used to cleaning shitholes and not nice homes.

AND that "I don't want him bringing that into my house" thing....Whether they are right or not.

"If that thing touched that mess, I don't want it touching MY floor"

You get the idea.

This has been a moment with Brian. 8)

Brian R said:
Yeah, some guys have a hard time dealing with things so giving the hard time works best for them....Have you ever heard of that Harper character? blowme

I disagree about using that photo unless it's for a commercial cleaning based website.

If you're using it to impress homeowners ....All you're telling them is you're used to cleaning shitholes and not nice homes.

AND that "I don't want him bringing that into my house" thing....Whether they are right or not.

"If that thing touched that mess, I don't want it touching MY floor"

You get the idea.

This has been a moment with Brian. 8)

I concur. Nothing looks more hackish than to prominently display a half clean and half dirty photo of carpet. If you are going to do a before and after, show the carpet before and after not halfway clean.

Nice photo, but definitely don't use it on your website.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Standard white boy issue here

I don't mind the half and half thing but really I've never been a fan of using any before and after photos as a the main point of advertising.

It's cool to have a "before and after" section on your site for those who want to click to it. But an amateur photo is never a good idea.

I tried it for a while in some of my areas and it just looked halfassed.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Brian R said:
I tried it for a while in some of my areas and it just looked halfassed.

with you penchant for spray 'n wipe cleaning, I'm surprised "halfassed" would bother you....
:lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom