my test results for quatalot from judson...WOW

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
WOW!!!!! anyone that doesn't have this on his truck is missing out..i have a ton of respect for greenie and wen i ran out of odorcide i gave him a ring..he told me how happy i would be and i can tell ya...happy i am.
i had to call jusdon with a few questions because greenie was at the dentist..great people to talk to very helpful..
i have used it on 7 jobs and had 100% success. i have flooded and clawed with it, i have mixed it with my pre spray and just misted a smelly area..no complaints about the odor of the product and no calls asking if i can come hit it just one more time..
awesome product..thanks Judson for making it and thanks greenie for being a part of my business from the day i started it.
i never have to worry about being steered in the wrong direction..
dave

Mikey P

Administrator
Are you always so behind in the times?

Let me help you out with another trend, back in 2000 the general public decided "Thin is in"

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Mikey P said:
Are you always so behind in the times?

Let me help you out with another trend, back in 2000 the general public decided "Thin is in"

not always..just sometimes..i dont care about the general public..as long as i can still look down and see my pecker i am doing good..even if i have to suck it in a little.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Walrus said:
I don't think its compatable with your prespray.

from what greenie and the dude from judson told me it is..and it seems to be working fine like that.

larry cobb..do you see any problem with adding 1 oz of quat per gallon of powermax..(i will never not use powermax)

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Better check with Shawn Forsythe on the compatable issue.

Salesmen will tell you anything for a sale.

Mikey P

Administrator
I've used it with my PS dozens of times with no issues and great results.

Oh shit, wait a second.

Darn it.

A huge clump of my hair just fell into my goblet of Old Vine Zinfandel...

Damn you JudsON Jones!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Quats ARE compatible with non-ionic surfactants found in presprays.

But Quats would not be compatible with most of the shampoo detergents or encap because they are generally anionic surfactants.

And I've found there are some anionic emulsifiers that are run thru your TM system that quats would not be compatible with.

Had a brain fart .

I'll have try that quat added to my prespray.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
holy shit...if a clump of your hair ever falls out i would feel it all the way down here in florida..let alone the gusts of wind we already get from between your ears..
i have to work tomorrow so i am going to bed..mikey i want you to know when you read this my balls will be unleashed and resting under the covers safe and sound..
nitey nite :p

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Walrus said:
Quats ARE compatible with non-ionic surfactants found in presprays.

But Quats would not be compatible with most of the shampoo detergents or encap because they are generally anionic surfactants.

And I've found there are some anionic emulsifiers that are run thru your TM system that quats would not be compatible with.

Had a brain fart .

I'll have try that quat added to my prespray.

see i wasnt the only one behind the times..and i can sleep good knowing that i taught someone something tonight..well at least i gave the idea, thats close enough for me

Mikey P

Administrator
davegill said:
holy shit...if a clump of your hair ever falls out i would feel it all the way down here in florida..let alone the gusts of wind we already get from between your ears..
i have to work tomorrow so i am going to bed..mikey i want you to know when you read this my balls will be unleashed and resting under the covers safe and sound..
nitey nite :p

Between the humidity down there and that belly flap of yours, the fumunda cheese must be off the charts.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Speaking of "clobsters", Less, why do I get those on occasion when using your prespray? It seems to happen when I have used Hot Knife (VacAway encapsulant) the night before and failed to rinse it out of my jug completely. However, sometimes it will happen with no prior encapsulation beforehand.

It just seems to show up out of nowhere.

Greenie

Just a wild guess...but i would say it's a non-anionic and anionic reaction.

The real question for the Fosythian crowd here is: Why are "shampoos" Anionic?

Did Les say the Deodorizers are going on Sale soon?

admiralclean said:
Speaking of "clobsters", Less, why do I get those on occasion when using your prespray? It seems to happen when I have used Hot Knife (VacAway encapsulant) the night before and failed to rinse it out of my jug completely. However, sometimes it will happen with no prior encapsulation beforehand.

It just seems to show up out of nowhere.

TimP

I actually need some quat-a-lot. I'm about out and some more DD-12. I ordered quarts last time....this time I'm getting gallons.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Some of those HIGH heat emulsifiers are anionic because the heat would break down the superior non-ionic surfactants.

The higer heat of certain TM's would overcome the inferior surfactants of HIGH HEAT emulsifiers.

So always look into your chems make ups.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Dave;

My two concerns with the quat are:

1. Quats are cationic, so they destroy the Stainresist properties in carpet.

2. Quats are irritating to asthma patients.

We do use them in some applications, where they can be rinsed completely.

Larry

hogjowl

Idiot™
Hmmmm ... now both of those are points to be considered.

So Larry ... what would you recommend for us to use as a general prespray for odors?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Marty;

Probably, the best odor treatment for mass coverage would be Percarbonate.

If you can pinpoint the areas with UV, then I would use the more effective "Oxidizer with Enzyme".

Larry

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Larry Cobb said:
Dave;

My two concerns with the quat are:

1. Quats are cationic, so they destroy the Stainresist properties in carpet.

2. Quats are irritating to asthma patients.

We do use them in some applications, where they can be rinsed completely.

Larry

hhmmmm

thanks for the input larry.
i will have michel call jerry tomorrow to place a order and will do some testing..i have some nasty urine jobs this week.
thanks
dave

hogjowl

Idiot™
Now that I have unwittingly helped Larry refocus this thread on his business, let me give the opportunity to the other BB huxters lurking to have their opportunity by asking this question:

Since "percarbonate" is not something that you normally see listed on a mfg. product sheet, what products are out there that contain percarbonate for deodorization?

In the case of stain warrantied carpet, it doesn't matter about the quat, because the warranty was voided when the pet urinated on the carpet.

Quat is not really needed in most cases. The O2 pre-spray alone has extreme high disinfectant properties with the sodium borate.

My customers are telling me that they make a mixture of O2 pre-spray and quat together and apply that to the pet stain. This eliminates the odor and the stain.

This mixture would consist of 4-5 ounces of O2 pre-spray and one ounce of Quat-a-lot to one gallon of water. Pour on the pet stain and water claw after 15 minutes.

This mixture is kind of hitting it with a double whammy. You have the high disenfectant properties of the borate plus the quat. The problem stain doesn't have a chance

As far as the concern with asthma patients and Quat-a-lot, we have a lot of carpet cleaners who have asthma and use the product with no problem.

I would like to mention one problem with the use of enzymes. In rare cases it can cause upper respiratory allergic reactions especially in infants. This should not be a concern as long as you extract after using the enzymes.

An upper respiratory allergic reaction is kind of like when someone is allergic to shrimp or a bee sting. The infant's throat swells closed. But again this in very rare cases.

As far as a product that has sodium percarbonate in it, we use it in our hot sauce modifier.

I would like to announce some future plans for Judson. One new division of Judson is going to sell raw materials such as sodium percarbonate in it's raw form.

The second new division we are planning on opening is the Judson Truckmount Reengineering Division.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom