my test results for quatalot from judson...WOW

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
is quat ok to use on wool?
the rug has been cleaned many times before and the cust said she took the rug outside and hosed it down and let it drip dry for 2 days..she got most of the smell out but it is still lingering a little..
i told her that i would not be responsible for the rug in any way shape or form. she said she would sign off on the ticket that the rug is already trashed and of no value..so it is play time.
dave

David, Mikey has used Quat-a-Lot on several wool rugs that were trashed with pee. He immediately rinsed them and it did not cause a problem.

Normally you would not use quat on a wool fiber, but under extreme circumstances like this, you have nothing to lose.

Another option to use for deodorizing wool carpet is to strictly use O2 alone at a higher concentration. The O2 system contains sodium borate which is an extremely powerful disinfectant.

Some interesting information about sodium borate is that it is actually used to preserve wool fibers. It is used as a flame retardant. It prevents beetles and moths from eating wool fibers.

This is one of the reasons I decided to go with the sodium borate. It performs like an oxygen product but is not destructive to wool fibers like sodium percarbonate.

It also gives the product a long shelf life...weeks after mixing.

LES

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
admiralclean said:
Now that I have unwittingly helped Larry refocus this thread on his business, let me give the opportunity to the other BB huxters lurking to have their opportunity by asking this question:

Since "percarbonate" is not something that you normally see listed on a mfg. product sheet, what products are out there that contain percarbonate for deodorization?

Thank you, Marty. Remind me to give you something free next time we meet at some industry event. (I can't spring for postage, so don't ask me to send something.)

PetZONE is our new product for stain and odor removal. Percarbonate is a key ingredient. As with all Bridgepoint chemicals, try it out with no risk. If you don't like it i'll make sure you get 100% of what you paid for the product refunded.

Scott Warrington

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom