My truck finally drives!!!!!!!!!

Becker

Name
Becker
I know of the crash. But what are you doing now?
Replacemet? Insurance repair?
Salvage?

Are one way or another. Your gunna clean.

Dave Rampage

I've been doing low moisture like I did the last two winters. Yep it's insured. The adjuster is letting us rebuild it. The guy that does my maintenance can do anything and the adjuster met us at the shop and we went through the whole truck together and he gave me the go ahead. We had to replace all u bolts on springs and box, replace all the hardware for the springs, put the rear axle in place, replace center bearing on drive shaft. we also had to have 1 tire changed and mount it on the other side of the truck. Now I have 1 good tire on each side. I'm going to have to replace two more wheels and tires. I have learned so much already.

Dave Rampage

I forgot to mention a new cab and rebuild the box. I also forgot to say the box was moved over about two inches. We had to jack up the box replace the wood that goes between box and truck frame, move the box over and put all new u bolts in. Tomorrow we are going to deal with the buckle in the floor of the box.

Becker

Name
Becker
Wow, So did the insurance company cash you out, minus value of the wrecked heap?

Fame straight?

Wow, seems like a lot of work.

Insurance did not want to cover a professional rebuild?

Dave Rampage

I wanted to do it. The guy that does my maintenance was getting less hours at work and it would give him more hours. This truck means a lot to my son and I. We have a lot of good memories in it and the two of us decided we wanted to do this project together so we will have memories for a lifetime. They did not cash us out. He wrote up a sheet, I priced a used cab and sent a video to Aero Tech and they priced out all box parts, we guessed what we needed under the truck. We will do a supplement with the adjuster on any additional costs. I have trust in Bob and know that if we do it ourselves the job will be done the best way possible. I'm actually having fun doing this and I will know so much more about this truck when we are done.

I can say these trucks are real tough and Aero Tech builds one quality box. I can't believe after that hit we took how stable the box is still. I can't believe the rear end wasn't destroyed on that truck. My truck has been so well maintained I wouldn't want to buy someone else's used one. The adjuster did give me the option of totaling it and buying another used one. I will appreciate this truck much more when I know Scott and I rebuilt it ourselves.

Dave Rampage

Once I see if we can straighten the floor, I'm going to order the parts for the box. Those parts will take a month to get. I would say March. I will be ordering the cab in a few days so I should have that in a couple weeks.

Dave Rampage

Waldo,

You are just jealous that I don't need to have a full time job to support my carpet cleaning hobby. Maybe when you have confidence in yourself you won't have to judge others and you may be able to do this full time.

Dave

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I dont have a full time job anymore. I kept thAT FULL TIME gig for awhile did not want to put myself in a position of filing Bankruptcyy ... Cough Cough. I was trying to to give u a compliment but if u think I was saying You R one Ugly Bastard so be it. LOL Lol

Golden Boy

Becker

Name
Becker
Dave

Do you expect the machine to not have any problems later on after all this "trauma"? Seems to me that the pto shaft, drive shaft, and belt setup will never be the same.

You need the insurance company to make you whole. Vehicle, machine, lost business, aggravation, etc.......

Then buy a new one.

Personally the only way I'd be doing what Rampage is doing is if I had to, otherwise I'd rather have the insurance company take care of it, it is a piece of equipment. I'd rather have a well taken car of used one, then a smashed up rolled over one.

But, if it works for Rampage to have months of down time, and roll the dice with possible long term issues, then go for it.

Looks like a mess, and headache.

F

FB7777

This is the stupidest thing I've heard on here in a long time

I think Ramrod needs to have an MRI , I think there's more than trauma to the AT

SentiMENTAL. Indeed

Dave Rampage

Bryan,

The box was moved but the blower is not connected to the box. The pto shaft was never touched. I have already ran the machine and everything is good. The frame on the truck was never touched. I would never want another Vortex since owning the AT. The other dilemma I had is that I have a 7 foot box with a nice rug rack in it and if I bought the standard V/AT it would be hard for me to pick up rugs. That would be a major inconvenience.

Becker,

I searched for a good used one. I couldn't find anything. I'm enjoying this and learning a lot with my son. This is not standing in the way of making money.

Fred,

Grow up.

Mikey P

Administrator
So just exactly how do you tell a customer who had you use the AT to clean the carpet the last time that his visit they get a Cimex/OP method?

I'd love to hear that "where does the dirt go speech"..

You son should be one hell of a mechanic by the times this all said in done.

Glad you have the time to spend with him Dave.

Is he into chicks yet?

Dave Rampage

Mike,

He has no time for chicks he is in school or working.

Becker,

It's a few reasons. Bob who does all the work on my truck said he could use the hours and Scott wanted to do it. I like to do things with Scott and I think he will learn a lot and this knowledge will help him in the future when he is running the company. We are having a good time working on it every night. Right now as I am typing Scott is taking off the nose cone and the two chrome pillars. Then the front wall. He is having a great time. We are also being paid to do it. I would have done it anyway.

Dave

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom