My Truck Mount Setup

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
You would put antifrieze in it only when it is sitting outside in the winter so your pump and lines dont freeze and crack. Yeah basically coolant. On the engine heat exchanger there should be a pipe niple that points down and is plumbed out the bottom of the van. It will be a nice and reliable setup once tweaked.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
to keep the solution lines from freezing in the cold months

and carbon Monoxide is always a problem with slide ins...be careful.

G

Ok, that is an old 1500 I believe, with a 36 roots( the blower size),and they went with a muffler instead of the silencer,so put that thing aside till you need it some day. 5000, did that include the van?,if so, then it wasnt that bad of a deal, and I bet that motor is cast iron so it can be rebuilt a few times.Just get some training and go make a few dollars.

Kevin

lesterj2

Walrus said:
Did you steal that machine?
No i didnt steal it... LOL

ODIN said:
Looks like you have a pretty nice set up with a few tweaks you will be up and running in no time
preshayt it... this is my 1st TM i usually use a Kirby or RugDoctor...

lesterj2

Kevin P said:
Ok, that is an old 1500 I believe, with a 36 roots( the blower size),and they went with a muffler instead of the silencer,so put that thing aside till you need it some day. 5000, did that include the van?,if so, then it wasnt that bad of a deal, and I bet that motor is cast iron so it can be rebuilt a few times.Just get some training and go make a few dollars.

Kevin
yeah that included the van its a 1994 Ford E-150... no other dents besides the one in the door in this pic...
1zgvkte.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
[
ODIN said:
Looks like you have a pretty nice set up with a few tweaks you will be up and running in no time
preshayt it... this is my 1st TM i usually use a Kirby or RugDoctor...[/quote]

Ok, now I know you are full of it. Kirby? are you kidding me? For real business carpet cleaning? Come on?

lesterj2

no im serious i have used it lots of times for jobs but it is a pain in the neck... to keep having to refill the supply jug, LOL..

Greenie

New van, new machine, new process, perfect time for a New Name and reinvent yourself.
When is your first Carpet Cleaning Tech class?
I'm thinking depending on exactly where you are at, Truckmounts and Cleaning Solutions has classes.
CCT first followed bu UFT (Upholstery), and then the Odor Control class (OCT).

What do you have for tools, Carpet wand etc...?

C

Carpet Dude

don't judge a book by it's cover.....but man you look like one of them Hispanic bums that just stole mushed up hub caps sipping on budweiser....

just kidding kid.

lesterj2

Carpet Dude said:
don't judge a book by it's cover.....but man you look like one of them Hispanic bums that just stole mushed up hub caps sipping on budweiser....

just kidding kid.
LOL

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
You out the chemical draw tube (that is usually in your chem tank) into a container of antifreeze, and flip the switch on the front of your amchine to winterize and spary your wand until antifreeze starts coming out.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
dont sit in the van while machine is running and dont point that muffler at or near a custys house you can suck exhaust into a home esp if air is on in home and standing near the muffler can get you really sleepy real fast

Greenie

Ya know I just can't get that big silencer out of my head.....that unit must have been pretty loud for someone to pay for that large of a silencer and bother installing it, welding it etc...

How loud is it now?

louder than a lawn mower on full throttle, 1.5X that? etc...?

lesterj2

its loud but not that loud that a customer wouldnt want you back in the neighborhood because of noise complaints...
ill take a video of it running tomorrow...

Greenie

Got that vid yet?

how about showing us some Vapooooooooooooooor Steam! while you are at it.

Name
Lee Stockwell
That's a big Stoddard silencer, worth a couple hundred dollars by itself. However the nature of silencers dictates that smaller silencers reduce noise better than larger ones. The red one in the pix is very mis-matched to that 36 blower. Was probably a disappointment to the buyer at the time. It would rock on a 47 or larger, ideal for a 56.

lesterj2

Greenie said:
Got that vid yet?

how about showing us some Vapooooooooooooooor Steam! while you are at it.
we have been getting bad weather... ill try and get some tomorrow...

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Lesterj2:
I am in Kennesaw Ga. if you are not too far away perhaps I could give you some help.
My name is Tom Cermak
678-608-9477 cell

G

Now that's a mighty fine offer right there!

Lester, why not call Tom?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom