Mytee Air Hog + problem!

galaxytodd

Name
Todd E
Just used on my carpet,(living room/dining)and having some issues with it,1st time using.
Using Rotovac Power Wand and Grease Eater prespray,direct solution to kitchen faucet and used the dump out with hose into driveway.
1st,very loud,man have to get some ear plugs for this baby!
2nd,recovery tank wasnt filling up at all and nothing coming out pump out hose,just like a dribble.
checked all connections,lint trap,etc all switches were on ,had plugs in back,cant figure it out.
Didnt seem to be much suction coming from power wand either.brand new hoses.
Anyone know what the problem could be?
Carpet came out pretty good though,still in the testing/experiment stage before I do customers.
Thanx if anyone can help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I leave the AH+ outside on the front porch mainly because it's so loud, use ear plugs or wear your IPod:headbang: when you're around it, also the pumpout connection could leak or fail and fill with waste and blow out the machine, or the whole damn thing can fall over because it's not very stable. Just leave it outside.
You should have a lot of vacuum (230 cfms) at the end of a 50 or 75' 2" hose. When you put your hand over the hose it should feel like a 33 blower TM.
The pumpout runs constantly so the waste should dribble out as you work and the machine doesn't fill up unless there is a clog somewhere.

galaxytodd

Name
Todd E
Oh ok,I thought it fills up then starts pumping it out.
There was like a cup full of water in the reserve tank.
So why was there hardly anything coming out hose?
Also,I have 1 1/2 inch vacuum hose's,I could use 50-75 feet and still have that much suction?
Leaving it outside is gonna be a must with the noise.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
There are 2 plugs on the Airhog +. How many amp outlet does it take for each plug? Can the machine run with only 1 of the vacs using only one plug?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Oh ok,I thought it fills up then starts pumping it out.
There was like a cup full of water in the reserve tank.
So why was there hardly anything coming out hose?
Also,I have 1 1/2 inch vacuum hose's,I could use 50-75 feet and still have that much suction?
Leaving it outside is gonna be a must with the noise.

I'm not familiar with the rv powerwand but I would say you need to take off the cleaning heads and clear away debris and hair in line. The AH should remove and pump out most all the water you put down. Get a 50' 2" vac hose and connect to a short whip of 1 1/2" hose to connect to your PW, no more than 15-20' for the whip.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
There are 2 plugs on the Airhog +. How many amp outlet does it take for each plug? Can the machine run with only 1 of the vacs using only one plug?
Each cord draws about 15 amps. You need to run both vacs, it won't create suction if one is off.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom