Mytee filter box - Mytee wants your input

Bob Foster

tank.jpg

I had quite an involved discussion with the LaBarberas at Connections about their vacuum tanks. The touch and feel of them leave little doubt that the future in waste tanks will be with roto-molded construction.

I approached them with the idea building a filter box in the same style of construction as their waste tank. I suggested it would lend itself well to a first class filter basket and that the industry would respond by buying quite a few of them if it was done properly.

John asked me to start a thread to get our input into what we would see as important for a good idea for a filter box.

So let me start with my ideas

-Same gauge of material as his vacuum tank

-Room for two inlets both capable of 2.5 inch hoses

-Large drain on the bottom for clean out

-Circular filter basket bigger than the one in the waste tank at Connections and with smaller filter holes and more surface area

-Several points to anchor box into truck for versatile installation and removal

-Lid for box that comes open but not necessarily off (flips out of the way and/or off) to clean the filter basket is independent of any hose connections

- Should not be semitransparent because over time the poly will stain from the waste water

- Should have a port for an optional vacuum gauge

Chads

Supportive Member
I think a filter box would be a great idea. just make them reasonable priced. Somethings have just gotten way out of hand on pricing. I know metal is expensive but why the hell charge 500 bucks for stainless shelves. come on a piece of sheet metal sheared off at the right size then put in a sheet metal brake and bent twice a couple holes drilled and we got a shelf. not that hard to produce.

Bob Foster

Chads said:
I think a filter box would be a great idea. just make them reasonable priced. Somethings have just gotten way out of hand on pricing. I know metal is expensive but why the hell charge 500 bucks for stainless shelves. come on a piece of sheet metal sheared off at the right size then put in a sheet metal brake and bent twice a couple holes drilled and we got a shelf. not that hard to produce.

The waste tank in the picture has a retail price of under 800 bucks. That ought to tell you where those guys are coming from.

Greenie

It's actually different than what Fl John makes, it's a true roto-mold product, not sheet that is plastic welded.

Do we need a vac gauge on the Filterbox?

Bob Foster

John's design has several short comings in design and fabrication costs. Once Mytee gets their FB out there will be no way anyone else will be able to compete with it unless it is roto-molded.

The advantage Mytee has is they have their own roto equipment which is very expensive. Another company that has their own is Dri-Eaz. There are not many in this industry that do own this equipment.

The sales that these guys can come up with are only limited by the market feasibility, our suggestions and their initiative.

This is a box built by John's that is on their website.

johns.jpg

Mr.V

if it can handle the hg's it's a great idea,,,,sure beats aluminum,,,,,,,,,lighter the better imo (waste tanks)

i've never been big on filter boxes myself

TimP

I'd be interested in something like that for my cds......depending on price of course

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I has to be made user friendly...........something that can be changed or cleaned with ease.......

Kinda like the new pool filter....it takes less time to open it and change the hose then to have to wash the filter every time...It has to be made so that while it is filling it has little reduction in vacuum

Name
John LaBarbera
We're working on it! Thanks for the ideas. Hey Bob, couldn't put a better picture of me there, or at least add a "Jack in the Box" bobble head. Anything would have been an improvement.

John

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I dont want a filter box....

wtf is wrong with having the intank basket catcher???

ohhhh cuz you actually have to put a LITTLE effort in getting it out???

please...

coming from someone who run filterless (no not the blower filter) I want the fooker on my tank...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Jim and I think alike
No surprise, cause he's a sharp dude :mrgreen:

The pool filter is one of the best, easiest to clean filters on the market.
The modified pool filters available now made them even better

a design similar to it with a little larger capacity, but still easy to clean (the filter AND the inside housing) would be the raspberries
Large filter boxes that mount "in" the van can be a PITA to clean.
Some are like cleaning a mini waste tank....YUCK!

with the pool filter, you simply grab the handle and hose it out.

That's what I like

better pool filter....build it, and they will come...

..L.T.A.

Bob Foster

How about if the "canister" had a pivot point (some what like a cement mixer) to allow you to tip the unit forward to pull the filter out. I just don't know how the hose attached to it would like that.

John - the outlet from the filter:canister/box should be able to take a least a 4 inch hose.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
yeahs whats wrong with just an intank filter box, the one on my prochem works great, just pop the lid off and pull out the metal mesh filter box, any filtering setup should involve a metal mesh basket, looking at the pic of that new tank, without seeing the bottom, how does each one of those seperate tanks drain??

Shawn Abbey

Name
Shawn Abbey
I think the filter box idea is a great idea. Unfortunately, it is a product I wouldn't use..

All my truckmounts came with an in-tank filter basket, which we had to empty periodically. We still had to periodically clean the thick sediment out of the waste tank. We then removed the baskets and changed to the inline prefilter. We no longer have to clean the waste tank and we now have no contact with the inside of the waste tank (with the exception of cleaning the blower filter).

With the prefilter, we simply hose out the filter sock and return to work. Faster, cheaper ($79-99) and cleaner. So, how would this filter box improve that system? That would be the hard question.....

My $.02

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Shawn Abbey said:
With the prefilter, we simply hose out the filter sock and return to work. Faster, cheaper ($79-99) and cleaner.

My $.02

Shawn, I think you're referring the same filter Jim and i are talking about.

It's actually a pool filter as i understand it.

personally, i prefer the stainless basket over the sock.
Never the less, we won't run without the pool filter.

...............................................................................................................

What I really don't understand, is why, for Heaven's sake would someone want a filter box "in" the waste tank??
You mean you have pull the waste tank lid, reach INSIDE a waste tank to clean the filters??
man-o-day, I hate to reach in there to pull and clean the blower filter from time to time, let alone cleaning a strainer basket daily...

..L.T.A.

Shawn Abbey

Name
Shawn Abbey
Yes, Larry. We agree!

I'm going to have to try the stainless basket over the sock.

I don't know why anyone would like to stay with the basket. I would have to say that cleaning the blower filter isn't that bad since its located at the top of the tank by the lid. We have rigged a pressure washing gun with a fan spray nozzle to simply lift the lid, and spray off the screen, followed by a good WD-40 treatment. Easy to do on the road!

Shawn "clean and germ free" Abbey

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
the filter Bob described above reminds me of the PowerClean version I saw on Jim Bethel's setups.

My filter traps soil on the "outside" of the filter rather than the inside. Very easy to pressure wash off the junk without getting my hands into all that junk. I have a large in-tank filter which I hate touching, all the hair sticks in it, its hard to clean, taking a few minutes rather than a few seconds. I usually have to clean a lot of the hair and lint with my hand.

Bob Foster

Ron take some 120 grit sand paper and sand the inside of that box and remove some of the burs around the stamped holes. Then it will rinse easier.

PowerCleanFB.jpg

Genesis8.jpg

Genesis9.jpg

f51cd53f.jpg

64a233a2.jpg

08-06-20CanAmnailinghome14.jpg

FilterBasketPlaced2.jpg

FilterBasketOut.jpg

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
You guys can really get fancy. Cool.

So far, the pool filter with stainless basket has been the cats meow — no bag-in-tank to hassle with every day, quick and easy to clean, and no noticable vacuum loss while cleaning (verified by watching the clear tube in the vac line going to, and after, the inline filter).

One picture is worth a thousand words.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Any of you guys have a pic. of the pool filter? Is it 2" to 2" or can you get different sizes?

Thanks,
Keith

Able 1

Name
Keith
Thanks alot Bob and Jim great pics... Right now as the year is coming to a close and the slow times are about to hit i'm going to buy either this or a sanitare what do you think... tring to hold back a little. I have a basket in my tank but with the 2.5 it NEEDS to be emptied every job..

What would be a better purchase at this point?

Thanks,
Keith

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Able 1 said:
Thanks alot Bob and Jim great pics... Right now as the year is coming to a close and the slow times are about to hit i'm going to buy either this or a sanitare what do you think... tring to hold back a little. I have a basket in my tank but with the 2.5 it NEEDS to be emptied every job..

What would be a better purchase at this point?

Thanks,
Keith

I honestly don't know enough about the sanitare to compare for you......
you can get the pool filter in a 2.5 just don't forget to drill the filter ss basket and line it with a nylon...very important part of the puzzle that most are not aware of......

these are the 2.5 fittings

IMG_3850.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom