Mytee Sprayer update

Name
John LaBarbera
How many of you guys use the sprayer for pre-spray only? If you go thru pre-spray so fast would it be more beneficial to have a large tank (say 8-10 gal.) then two smaller (2.5-3gal.) ones?

Thanks,

John LaBarbera
Mytee Products Inc.

Name
John LaBarbera
Mikey,

This board is very helpful. When I had a supply store I could talk to the Professionals directly. The input is invaluable. As a manufacturer we lose contact so yes, I appreciate this board and all the input favorable or not that I receive.
I want to be a good supplier to the Industry. I can't please everybody but I can try to please as many as I can. I have a lot of respect for those in the service end because I have been there and I know it is not easy.
If I can make the product better or make it good but less expensive so that the Professional can use his hard earned money on other stuff, like food or gas, I think that is a good thing. I don't believe that a product has to be expensive to be good. If I know what is needed or wanted I can respond with a product without the unnecessary fluff that is many times waste of money.
Thank you again for this board.

John LaBarbera
Mytee Products Inc.

Mikey P

Administrator
Thanks John

Despite those few that think this board is just for my ego, it really was the results of some very caring people whom only want to see this industry improve for all those involved. Especially the home owners.

As for a bigger tank.

No way five gallons full is heavy enough.

Scott Rogers

Removable 5 gallon containers would be my vote.

Even if used just for prespray the ability to switch to different chems would certainly be a plus.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ok I have heard from a couple people that like the split Tank Idea. The reason for a split tank is you Can carry your prespray and protector or other chemical with out having to dump the sprayer and risk cross contamination or have to worry about switching jugs out. Just turn the 3 way switch and purge the pump for a couple seconds and your off.

Now this might not be for everyone but when put up against the Omni Pro in the store the ability to switch out 2.5gl jugs wins out every time. Having a split tank and not having to switch would be huge in my opinion and from what I have been hearing there are a few others that think so to.

So long story short maybe there so be two models?

roro

Name
Ross Craig
John LaBarbera said:
Thanks for the comments. What if the tank was natural color so you could see the water level? A 100 psi Shur-flo pump is doable.

Thanks

John LaBarbera
Mytee Products Inc.

John,
we have used similar machines for many years now and adapted them to best suit out purposes. What I would suggest you look at possibly incorporating are
a quick disconnect at end of hose
a curved end wand
a quick change tip
a "mushroom" type drip stop
we prefer the palm type trigger rather that the pistol grip

roro

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Jim,

It's a Shur-flo demand pump with a pressure switch. Is the palm valve preferred over the gun style? I don't understand the "mushroom style" thing, please explain.

Thanks,

John LaBarbera
Mytee Products Inc.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Is the palm valve preferred over the gun style? I don't understand the "mushroom style" thing, please explain.

I am not sure what you are asking me..... I don't recall saying anything about what your question is....... ???

Name
John LaBarbera
Sorry for the confusion, Jim. I was answering your question and asking one of my own raised on a previous post.

John LaBarbera
Mytee Products Inc.

Steve1

Self priming pump (probably is already self priming) above the tank so you can completely drain in winter for us sub freezing winter temp guys.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
John LaBarbera said:
Sorry for the confusion, Jim. I was answering your question and asking one of my own raised on a previous post.

John LaBarbera
Mytee Products Inc.

John,
Stephen got it right. It is a small valve with a mushroom shaped top that screws on to the side of a quick change body.

The other thing that we also have is a bypass fitted to the pump so that the chemical is continually being recirculated and doesn't drop out of suspension.

roro

will take a photo and try to post it as it may be easier than my explanation

Name
John LaBarbera
Ross,

I would like to see your pictures, they would be helpful.

There has been a lot of good ideas posted to improve our sprayer. Thanks very much to all who have made suggestions. We are working on incorporating what we can and we will post some new pictures in a few days to get your thoughts. Please keep your opinions coming.

Thanks,

John

Great Job, John!

I've been reading this post since it started and I must say that I am very impressed with your dedication to improving your product. I currently do not own any MYTEE products, but seeing how dedicated you are to your product line I can definitely say that I would not have any reservations about purchasing MYTEE products. Thanks, John, for listening to the people who actually use your products. To bad all Manufacturers weren't like you.

Mikey P

Administrator
Hey John

How about you remove that spray gun handle off the Bentley and lend me it for more R and D.

Leave every thing else like it is but make sure I get the extendo version. Standing up it should measure 6 foot 2.

Name
John LaBarbera
Aaron,

Thanks for your nice comments. I appreciate them.

Mikey,

Lisa had mention getting the head "hard anodized" (this will make the aluminum more durable as some of the guys on the board had some concerns about that) and I've got one at the plating shop being done. As soon as I get it back I'll put it together and send it to you.
All you guys have helped me a lot through this board with all your ideas. I can't thank you enough.

John

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Guys,

Thanks to your comments here is the Mikey's Board Special Edition Mytee Pro-Sprayer. I know you'll have more good ideas so don't hesitate to send them. Order in the month of May and buy for $349.00 Thats a Mikey's Board savings of $50.00. Be sure that your Dist. orders the Mikey's Board Special Edition model 6001.

Thanks Again,

John

Pictures of new and improved sprayer:

SpecialEditionProSpray001.jpg

SpecialEditionProSpray002.jpg

SpecialEditionProSpray003.jpg

SpecialEditionProSpray004.jpg

SpecialEditionProSpray005.jpg

SpecialEditionProSpray006.jpg

SpecialEditionProSpray007.jpg

SpecialEditionProSpray008.jpg

SpecialEditionProSpray009.jpg

SpecialEditionProSpray010.jpg

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Mikey,

I didn't forget. It's Friday and I was using it for a martini when the pictures were taken.

John

Lora Olson

Ron Lippold said:
John I will take one of those new Mikeys Specials call me

Call you Monday Ron. Will ship yours and Vince's if they have them ready to go Monday.

Ok I did it AGAIN I this is John on Lora's laptop.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
This may have already been addressed but what size jet does the spray wand have? I'm used to the Hydro Force but open to a change if its not going to take me three time longer to apply PS. Most times I don't find it necessary to rotary scrub before I extract, will I need to do more when not using the HF?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom