Mytee's Modular porty

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I got one this spring (Air Hog Plus) then the Water Box last month, both from Superior. It's freaking awesome. I put at least 500 hours on it, which means I put 500-600 hours less on my Pro1200 , which means that's 1000-1200 gallons of gas I didn't have to buy. Or repairs on the truck I didn't have to have done because it wasn't used as much in the summer. Works great with the 360i or whatever wand I want including the 18 flow Ti wand with GG. Dry time are excellent. It's modular so one old man can easily lift this dual 3 stage portable machine:
Katzmjobusingwaterbox001.jpg

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
I plug two cords into two sepatate circuits at the jobsite. (I plug the Waterbox into a shared line with the Air Hog). Each vac motor draws a little over 14 amps and each of the flojet type pumps draw around 1 amp each. So a little under 16 amps for each of the two lines.
It doesn't do as good a job as a Von Shrader machine, but I'm not ready for such awesomeness.

Reactions: Mardie

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
blown any breakers yet, Art?

auto fill and auto drain??
if auto fill, where are you hooking up on res jobs for your hot water ?
(if you use it in res?)

..L.T.A.

..L.T.A.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
blown any breakers yet, Art?
..L.T.A.

..L.T.A.

A few hundred times. My favorite was the lights went out and the hot lady came down the stairs wrapped in a towel with a hair dryer in her hand and says, "what happened?" I about blew a breaker in my pants.

Name
Eric Valentine
I think I will be checking into the modular system instead of a one-piece porty (like the M5). Or should I try and upgrade the vacs and pump in my Prochem Cheyenne?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Hi Rob. what do you mean it already is modular?
I started with a Cheyenne. Great design. The solution tank and recovery tank are separate. Every other porty out there the two tanks are usually attached and all the motors are located in the bottom half, ie Ninja. Real pain do work on if you have a full solution tank. The vacuum motors are attached to the bottom of the recovery, the pump and heater located at the bottom of the solution. With some fiddling around, take the hinge off the recovery, do some rewiring, you can pull the recovery tank off, then pick up the solution tank. Modular.
Hec, refit the recovery tank so the vac motors are on top, that opens up LOTS of room underneath for a bigger pump, ie the new Cat. ALso allows for bigger vac motors and better cooling.
did I just design a new porty??? Its wouldn't be unique, Cobra put vac motors on top. but it would work great!

JeffC

Name
Jeff
Question for Art,
So when you use your 360i are you able to run off 2 circuits or do you have to use 3?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Hi Jeff. I rarely encounter problems plugging into a circuit being used by one of the Air Hog cords as the 360i doesn't require much amperage. So no, I don't look for another circuit. Finding two is enough work for me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom