Nacho approves of the HOSS

Mikey P

Administrator
I got to give the new glides a workout thanks to my little buddy there.

I can't say I noticed the unit running smoother than with the metal glides but it does appear to clean quicker and deeper with one pass.

Not that it runs rough to begin with..

20140804_170844_zpsa07al4zk.jpg

In the ongoing HOSS vs RV360XL wars I must say the HOSS recovers what it's putting out faster than the XL.

If its the same flow amount remains to be known.

How do you bucket test a RE?
in a kiddie pool?

maybe in Vegas we should do that.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Of course it doesn't need to be running to do a bucket test, would a five gallon bucket be large enough diameter to catch the flow?

I'm guessing that would be a wee bit too small, but something similar, perhaps a plastic storage tray?

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Can't wait to get a hoss. Been saving. I hope to have one by Christmas. How much are the glides going for.

Studebaker

Name
Studebaker
Louis,

When you order your HOSS make sure you tell them you want the set of square glides and the portable set as well. If you have a problem getting them let me know. Your going to love that thing.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I'm disappointed that the plastic glides don't clean as close to the wall as the steel glides. Why can't the slot be extended further toward the edge?

I like my HOSS a lot! GIDDYUP!

Last edited:

Studebaker

Name
Studebaker
Johnny, your looking at 3/16 to a 1/4 difference. Still very close to the edge. Have to be carful with the thickness of plastic for durability.

Reactions: Johnny

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
One major part of RotoVac's sales pitch is that they are the original inventors of rotary extraction (rx-20). That may be so BUT, just because Henry Ford invented to automobile DOES NOT necessarily mean they make the best rotary extractor.

I think that part of the sales pitch should go bye bye.

I want a company that's looking forward, not back.

Not knocking RotoVac at all, I LOVE my 360i. I would just prefer it being assumed that I'm an intelligent human being (never said that's true ;-)) making a major, educated decision.

I'd like to see RotoVac and Sapphire square off a little and show us who's the best. At this point, I think a guy would do well in choosing either the XL or the HOSS.

The Clean Machine

Name
I'm Rick James
I found a prespray where it seems you don't even need a rotary.. been using the special blend for about a week and it is the best stuff I have ever used in my 16 years and 5 companies I worked for. Its green and rinses out like a dream..

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I found a prespray where it seems you don't even need a rotary.. been using the special blend for about a week and it is the best stuff I have ever used in my 16 years and 5 companies I worked for. Its green and rinses out like a dream..

Is it so secret you can't tell us what it is?

Name
I'm Rick James
A pre spray that brings dog hair, sand, grit and impacted dirt to the surface... amazing

Your street cred just dropped 8 points.

Only 8.. still leaves me at being badass ;) its true.. you won't need a rotary as much, best stuff on the planet that I have used..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I found a prespray where it seems you don't even need a rotary.
No matter how great it is you're fooling yourself and your clients if you truly believe that.

The advantage of an RE is not about a prespray, it still flushes far better than a wand and has the ability to lift up pulverized carpet. Sorry thats something that no wand can do, no matter how many different directions you attack it from! :errf:

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
That's no kidding Chavez! I ran across a totally beat down carpet this week. Wishing I had a(n) RE.

I still can't determine which one is the board darling yet.

F

FB7777

Each of my trucks has a Rotary extractor on it and they get used daily.

I'm on my 3rd week off this year and both trucks are working

You goobers keep talking yourself out of the benefits of the HOSS, Rotovac and or RX20

I'll keep turning down work with no advertising

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Dirk I'd say whichever one you buy is the board darling. You can't go wrong with either, at least it sounds like it. I don't have one either. But I plan on winning one next month in Sin City.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I am excited to show the client what I can do to their carpets using an RE. A wand just doesn't compare in restoring texture, fullness and appearance. Not to mention superior flushing ability!

If you run into a lot of impacted traffic areas and they look clean but still beat down then you should seriously consider one. If you're not currently using one, you should consider the purchase.

Take a test drive, borrow one rent one and see what you think. Its not a tool you have to use on every job, and depending on your market you may not need one at all. But what you don't want is to be out cleaned by your competition that uses one.

Mikey P

Administrator
We used the new glides today for about $1200 worth of filthy frat house carpet.

Hard to say why but they really make the machine clean quicker, deeper and provide better water extraction.

Nice job SS!!!

Come see for yourself at the MFE on September 3-5th in shitty Las Vegas!

Name
I'm Rick James
No matter how great it is you're fooling yourself and your clients if you truly believe that.

The advantage of an RE is not about a prespray, it still flushes far better than a wand and has the ability to lift up pulverized carpet. Sorry thats something that no wand can do, no matter how many different directions you attack it from! :errf:

For rat nasties the RE or CRB scrub is the tool I reach for.. but with this new spray has blown me away with how well it works and have used those tools less and less now. I use to use them 60-90% of the jobs.. now its down to around 20%.

The main reason I haven't pulled the trigger on the zipper is that is doesn't clean from all angles.

Just to be clear.. RE/crb are needed for cleaning nasty carpets.. its just for us we don't need to use them as much because of the magic in a box.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom