Name a few realistic features..

Mikey P

Administrator
that you wish your truckmount had that would make your life, business and cleaning efforts that much better..

realistic keep in mind so oil changes, lint filters, 1800 hour engine life for Marty, stench and loose or missing bolts will always be a factor to deal with.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Same here...I think pretty much all truckmounts have what we need except the complete remote capability.

I would love to have on my belt an rpm control, pressure control, and temperature control.

In my opinion a "smart wand" would be awesome. A waterproof, little rubberized box on top of the wand or rotary could be cool. It could have a few buttons with a small display..

It doesn't have to be wireless. It could be connected with a cord that is hidden inside the vachose.

Every length of vac hose could be connected and disconnected as needed with the cord inside. This cord could also bring the power needed for the rotary extractor. So no need for an extra cord as we do today.

Last edited:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Another idea that I sometimes think about is a wand and "half of a Crb" combo. Like a 14 inch wand with one of those sebo brushes either in front of the glide or behind. It could be just an inch higher than the wand lip and when needed you could change the angle of the wand to make contact with the carpet and brush. Push a button on the smart wand and immediately you have a quick prescrubber on those spots or traffic lanes or just where you hit a spot with Fels or something.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
All above are great suggestions.
If a slide in:

• A good ventilation system to make it possible to work from a locked van.
  • Reduced noise.
  • With the remote controls mentioned above, add the ability to reduce heat, if cleaning wool. However, if all these extra remote features will make it much more susceptible to breakage and malfunction- toss them.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Same here...I think pretty much all truckmounts have what we need except the complete remote capability.

I would love to have on my belt an rpm control, pressure control, and temperature control.

In my opinion a "smart wand" would be awesome. A waterproof, little rubberized box on top of the wand or rotary could be cool. It could have a few buttons with a small display..

It doesn't have to be wireless. It could be connected with a cord that is hidden inside the vachose.

Every length of vac hose could be connected and disconnected as needed with the cord inside. This cord could also bring the power needed for the rotary extractor. So no need for an extra cord as we do today.

I fired my employee when I got first TM. Awesome power and work efficiency, they provide that in spades (with no calls for late night bail money). As zee's post suggests; WWBMD? He would have a Batvan to back him up. You communicate with it from either your hand-held or on the tool your're using or on your utility belt. Turn up the chem flow, down the heat, up the vacuum, while working. If someone wants to mess with your truck while you're working, it will address the issue on it's own. Perhaps the windows will roll down and loud rap music will start playing, like spider and fiy...

Name
Nate W.
Another idea that I sometimes think about is a wand and "half of a Crb" combo. Like a 14 inch wand with one of those sebo brushes either in front of the glide or behind. It could be just an inch higher than the wand lip and when needed you could change the angle of the wand to make contact with the carpet and brush. Push a button on the smart wand and immediately you have a quick prescrubber on those spots or traffic lanes or just where you hit a spot with Fels or something.

Year's ago in the 90's they had a scrub brush/ beater bar connected to a wand... I remember seeing the ad's in the magazine for it... It had a power cord you needed to run... It looked more of a PITA than a RX20 or rotovac without the multiple cleaning passes they provide...

J

JS41035

The slide system on the gorilla box. At least make it an option. That thing was Coolio.
A freshwater bladder inside the waste tank. Maybe a small APO system that would pump in to the tank. (100% dad's idea ) allow a small Transit style van to have onboard water. As the freshwater bladder empties it makes room for the waste.
I'd like a PTO system that would run a 59. In a cargo van. I hate having a v8 running and not using the HP.
And. Gauges.
Geez 25 grand. And no oil pressure ,no tach,no engine temp gauge. 75 bucks for a cluster at autozone. A high temp kill switch is fine,but a gauge would make trouble shooting so much easier. The same goes for the charging system and oil pressure. An engine with low oil pressure might not trigger the shutoff but your still doing damage.
Gauges. It always annoyed me that prochem gives instructions on the proper rpm to set the governor, but the machine has no tach.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Newman and Able 1

Bjorn

this is almost as good ( lets make offet and willey the best porti in the world )

how about a truck mount with out a computer

I would like maybe a hot box to keep my lunch hot, Hot water for tea and coffee better yet a built in expresso machine, ice cream maker,

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
How about a system that doesn't require mixing of headpacks, just put the siphon tube in your fav gallon of concentrate with a two station setup, alkaline and acid with a knob to switch between the two.

Auto cleaning waste tank I've mentioned before and still think it's a great idea.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
How about a cheaper apo system, why $2000. For a small electric pump????

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
How about a 110 gallon tank like the L shaped one for the sapphire pro 1200 but for a slide in?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
How about a van with duel sliding doors?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
How about a caddy attached to the hoss to hold a couple bottles of spotter and ahalf gum getter??

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
How about a safer fresh water tank, maybe one thats rotomolded to fit in the back of the van against the floor and only be a few inches tall with a steel top to set stuff on top instead of a big water tank over one wheel. Better weight distribution and less wear on one bearing, tire, shock

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
How about a tm with a heater core circulation system that allows you to plug it in and keep it from freezing in the winter?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Heated garages don't always keep it safe.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Rotary engine instead of a lawn mower engine, less moving parts.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Fuel injected small engines, less carb issues

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Seperate 15 gallon fuel tank so tm can run high octane fuel and van regular 87 octane

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
A direct drive that's cheaper, with a 10year warranty.

F

FB7777

Love some of J Stockerlls suggestions

Especially a 59 in a cargo van

In the butler , it would require upgrading the Cat pump as well

dual wanting definitely effects the flow

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
A solid pc shroud for the tm that's insulated to reduce noise and vibration. Possibly with an electric fan to further help cool the tm and components. Less rattling

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
A rail system that allows the tm to slide out the side door a couple feet but stll stay attached to the van for better easier maintenance. Would just have to undo waste water lines.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Scott, most of what you are asking for, is pretty much already available in one form or another..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom