Need a CRB machine

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Someone posted a picture of one that looked pretty sweet awhile ago. It was black and green. Anyone remember what the machine was called?

Aside from that machine - whats the best CRB machine to grab for using on residential/commercial?

Name
Ron lippold
I love my cbr edi-40
2011-12-16_09-16-44_957.jpg

Name
I'm Rick James
I used the Brush Pro and the Pro Caps machines on a 30,000 sq ft school we did and everyone like the Brush Pro better because of the lint trap and the brushes were better. That was for cleaning the carpet. I use the Sebo Duo for prescrubbing residential carpets, but would never use a CRB to clean residential carpets..

You might also be thinking of the Whittaker.. think that was CRB.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Ron wasn't it you who posted a picture of one that was black and green a while back? Someone did, I can't remember for the life of me. It had green brushes and was black i think.

I just sold my procaps because I wasn't a big fan of that one.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
whittaker gls and lomac, brush pro are both the same machines and I think they are the most convienient to use and work the best. I have been using them for a couple years and still havn't had one break down on me. light 45# excellent agitation. Two are available on ebay right now. a 15" and a 20". both with no reserve auctions. Expect to pay around a grand for them.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
bensurdi said:
Someone posted a picture of one that looked pretty sweet awhile ago. It was black and green. Anyone remember what the machine was called?

Aside from that machine - whats the best CRB machine to grab for using on residential/commercial?

I think the black and green one you're talking about was manufactured by the same company that made Ron L's. http://www.envirodri.com/machines.html
Machines.jpg

Gen-4-twinned.jpg

These two used Host machines cost $350.00 total. They work fine. BradF mentioned three different brushes are available. Soft-white, Zebra-medium and black-aggressive. I'm running zebra's. For commercial you'd probably need the blacks. oh, and you'll want a good pre-spray to go with em too. I'm using judson.

IMAG0700.jpg

The Host machines are cheap and lightweight. However, i've had my eye on the Prochem crb because it has a 2 gallon tank w/ 50 psi pump. Not sure how well it works out in the field.
Procaps.jpg

Whittaker looks like a heavy duty machine too and offers a solution tank option as well.
Whittaker%20machine_full.jpe

Host has been doing CBR's since the 1930's. but not sure if they offer a solution tank.
HOST_Ad_1957.jpg

corporate.jpg

for heavy duty commercial i'd probably want to demo the whittaker.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
wow those black ones are purty :shock:

the host with zebra's make for great pre-scrubbing. just dont plan on doing any encap-only with them, the results are very poor.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I think the latest round of improvements to the Brush Pro make it the top machine in the field and the price is competitive. (Bigger motor, better gears, no bogging down)

I have access to a couple of demo models. A little scratch on the chrome here and there, but they operate as good as new. I can get them for a few hundred off the new price. Send me an email if interested and I will get you specifics.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
dont bother with a Procaps. do a search of them on the Encap forum, i think that will give you some info on them.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
the host machines are ok, but if you plan on using one on every job I would recommend something bigger and more powerful. the hose motor isn't that stout and kinda bogs down a bit. the get the job done no doubt but I would really like it if the motor didn't bog. they do really really help on poly friezes though. its too bad the brush pros are 3 grand.

Back
Top Bottom