Need a fair honest certified cleaner in Austin Texas. Prefer a MBer

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Need a someone in Austin Texas ASAP. Please post the number so I can pass it on to my good friends. Must be certified or 5 years in not looking a newbie sorry. These are good friends with a couple of kids one being a new baby. They teach flying in the Texas tunnel maybe you can work out a trade for lessons :)

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
The less air that can come through the vac relief, the more that comes through the hose. I have found that 16 is about right to not big my engine, burn up belts or blowers. Rarely will it go to 16 unless your doing upholstery or your hose end sticks to a baseboard.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Do you use a glide? Set your vac relief at 13 and then have your worker run the wand while you watch. Your vac relief isn't going to open. Even unglided it will rarely open. The engineers don't set it at 13 because they don't want you to have the bets performance. If setting it higher meant it would be a bigger badder machine don't you really think they would set it higher? Just maybe the guys with the degrees might know just a little more?

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
John,

You and your shop have always been fair in helping me with any equipment issues, but i will disagree with you on this one. If i set my spring relief to 13, it probably starts opening at 11. If I set it to 16, it won't start leaking till 14. I do run a glide and I would put money on it opening and sucking air through the relief prior to 13. Longer hose runs it matters even more. Any air that comes through that releif isnt coming down the hose...and I want my air coming down the hose.

Who said i don't have a degree? I dont necessarily beleive the engineers know more than me on every aspect. I had a 1994 Ford that required the radiator removed to change alternator....who engineered that bright idea. I also added a 12 gallon water box to my spitfire 4.0 so it wouldn't dump so much water, and it worked And it maintained 2-210 all day long after that, nearly a 10-20 increase. Guess what you see now on most HX truck mounts? Yah, large water boxes.

yes we run glides. Not sure we would ever go glide less again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Larry Cobb

John Olson

Name
John Olson
What machine Kevin? As I said in the other thread it's your blower but there really isn't a reason to set it to open at 16 IMO.if it is opening prematurely that is a different conversation. Look I gain nothing from this if anything telling people not to burn up their blowers means I'm selling/rebuilding less blowers. As for Ashley and his vortex and it opening at 16 un obstructed I don't have any experience with his issues so I'm going to refrain from guessing what his machines issue is but that doesn't sound right to me..

Ill tell you what set the machine to 13 clean one room in your home then set it to 16 and clean another then tell us how long it takes to dry. If there is a serious enough of a difference to put the additional wear and tear on your equipment (it isn't just your blower your stressing) then ill send you a gift card to take your wife out to dinner deal?

Last edited:

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
I have a Maxx470, 4077 hours as of its monthly oil change yesterday I generally keep my blower set to 15.5 and my engine never even grunts till 16+. Keep the air pump changed every year and this machine is a work horse!

I will do the test. 100 feet of hose, 300psi 10flow wand. Pretty busy right now so it might take a while till my wife gets her house cleaned lol.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
That is the biggest bullshit statement I have ever heard. John- Tell me what percentage of MBers are certified. Maybe you should look for someone who has maybe been certified some time in their life.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
That is the biggest bullshit statement I have ever heard. John- Tell me what percentage of MBers are certified. Maybe you should look for someone who has maybe been certified some time in their life.

no no.....

THIS is pretty close
Just maybe the guys with the degrees might know just a little more?

Ask anyone with a brain, who works on cars, trys to get water out of those itty bity janitoral closets, talks a client into putting in the DUMBEST form of floor covering...etc etc....

If those people with a "degree" were right.....

Dont get me wrong.... there are TONS OF THINGS THEY DO AND GET RIGHT..... but to make that blanket statement....is wrong

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom