Need a Website

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Time to join the Twentieth Century. What should I look for in a web designer? Any recommendations?

Anybody build his/her own?

Much obliged.

Last edited:

Becker

Name
Becker
Fred C..... Bribe him with a pity story and tons of cash.

He built me a nice wordpress site.. End of story.

Something happen and I lost it, So I just have my html site. Work for me.

Building a site for a client, nice guy starting his own fencing company.

So If I can do it, and Fred can't then you can Johnny.

Reactions: Johnny

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Take 3 bids and get in writing what exactly they will provide, what cost and on WHAT TIME FRAME?
Don't forget to ask about what kind of deposit is required...

Look at samples, how google ranks those sites and ask them about the customer service.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Joe B www.carpetcleaningwebsites.net
He has done all 4 of mine,
He does Seo.
Very affordable

Spend your time building your business not your web site,

Hire services and spend your time selling.
X2

Steve

PS Take Shane's advice very seriously. Have it all clearly specified and in writing. (Sorta sounds like Business 101.)

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Unless you write well and have a little experience with web work, I'd recommend hiring someone to set up your business WordPress site. Although a custom site can look better, WP can do everything you actually need and will cost less to build and maintain. If your site is set up correctly SEO will build naturally and you won't need to pay huge monthly fees for SEO or content management.

The best thing about WP is that you can easily manage it yourself once it looks the way you want. There are also thousands of computer savvy people that graduate with English degrees and have nowhere to go with their skills, so the cost of hiring a content person is low.

We discarded a $50k site that cost $2,500 a month to maintain and replaced it with a $2,500 WP site and manage the content in-house. As far as the customer is concerned it's pretty enough, and built-in search friendliness means it gets found far more easily than the old custom site.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Definitely agree with Bryan about having a wordpress site done so you can add articles/pictures yourself. But any pro should be able to add custom html to a template if you want something specific.
Tried tons of people from big boys to just guys. Last one was very smooth because i made a terms/conditions agreement and gave them a diagram with arrows.

I would recommend buying the domain and hosting yourself then bring them in, this way you are always in control.

The big question to ask is who is providing the copy/pictures. Copy writing needs to be 100% original, stock photos are fine but get in writing they have the authority to use them.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Take a look at carpetcleaningwebsites dot net

Hope this doesn't get the edit. The questions was who do we use. I use this vender.

The original poster ask for recommendations.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Yeah I don't get it, why the edit? Last I heard Freddy C wasn't looking for work?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Steve Hoodlebrink who is a member here does a great job. He just finished mine. http://www.biggreensteam.com . Very reasonable and does SEO. Steve Hoodleberink (419) 870-6281

Hoody revamped mine recently too. Top notch work, excellent communication and turnaround. He's a true web guy with deep understanding of our industry. Excellent at writing content. Just great to work with.

Oh, he got me set up with a Mobil site too. It gets all kinds of action. Steven was very fair with his price. Give him a call, very easy to talk to. He will ask you all kinds of good questions so be represents you appropriately online.

The Clean Machine of Iowa
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Whenever I get a little slow, I get serious about a website. Then, inevitably, I get slammed with more work than I can handle. That's where I am at the moment. But I am going to get a website as soon as I get a little breathing room, and I do appreciate all the great advice.

Name
jack zerkie
Wow I,m out of luck for a web site .I,m to old and ugly. I can,t show my family. my kids are 45- 49 yrs old so that won,t work and my dog & cat died, My wife doesnt want any part of the cleaning she 72 and just wanrs to hang out at the newed beach in Naples. I guess it time to think about selling and work for the new owner. But life is good for me & wanda. jz.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
Go Daddy. $40 a year. Easy to make your own. Then when you get serious about your website. Hire someone else. But at least you have somewhere for Yelp to attach itself to. Yelp has me on the first page in my area even though my website blows.

Reactions: Russ T.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
HostGator $79 3yrs : )

Buy your domain where you can get it cheapest then transfer it for free when you rent server space : )

We bought ours through RegistryRocket the first time, when i changed it we bought the new one from HG on a package deal to prolong us.
They handled the switch for free

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom