Need convincing that OP/ VLM works?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
VLM removes soil as do all carpet cleaning methods. What I do need convincing on is what they leave behind.

The way I clean with HWE is very similar to washing your clothes. Wash cycle/Agitation/rinse cycle. Apply cleaning agent, CRB, rinse with water and groom. With the CRB doing most of the work, I can reduce the amount of cleaning agent and water pressure.

So when I clean for a repeat customer. At any point, I can remove the hose cuff off my wand and I will see just water inside the hose, extremely little or no white (cleaning agent).

Today I cleaned for a past customer that I used to clean annually. Last year she tried a VLM cleaner. She said it looked good at first but then kinda *dulled out*. When I started cleaning I noticed a slight reduction of suction, so I take off my cuff and see lots of white (cleaning agent) so much so in fact that from that point on I just presprayed water because there was enough cleaning agent in the carpet from the VLM that I just needed to activate it.

Pictures say a thousand words. Again, all I presprayed was plain, softened water.

View attachment 126478
Lots of VLM cleaners use the wrong products or too much or too high a dilution rate, just like many hwe cleaners. It's not necessarily the method, it's the cleaner.

Ever-Fresh

Name
Jeff Paton
In my experience, I often get residue and foam from previous HWE (especially from those who use home machines), so I would not judge the cleaning of HWE merely on what I get from previous cleanings. I do not know if the homeowner used Tide or Simple Green, or actual carpet extraction solution. I will say, when cleaning glue-down carpet, the low moisture method works too well! What I mean by that is, it does not re-soil at as fast of a rate as HWE, and they wonder why I come back on schedule to clean what does not appear to them to need cleaning. As it has been pointed out, there are many products out there, and many do not have crystalizing polymers in them. When I first started with OP, many of the juices that were the rage did not have much or any in the way of crystallization.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cleanworks

hogjowl

Idiot™
Nobody REALLY knows if one system causes soiling faster than another. It’s just your personal perception colored by your own personal bias.
I know that NOW you’re going to tell me about your multi-year “scientific study” that caused you to reach your educated conclusion. All I have to say is give it ten years. Everything runs in cycles.
Especially Mikey’s opinion.

Mikey P

Administrator
Nobody REALLY knows if one system causes soiling faster than another. It’s just your personal perception colored by your own personal bias.
I know that NOW you’re going to tell me about your multi-year “scientific study” that caused you to reach your educated conclusion. All I have to say is give it ten years. Everything runs in cycles.

Some systems can CAUSE resoling, and some don't interfere with the natural process.

Ever-Fresh

Name
Jeff Paton
Well, carpet cleaning for 15 years and using multiple systems, I would be more likely to be able to give an unbiased opinion of what works where, at least in my area (type of soil, water, ect.) I have more than one dog in the fight, and I know that one is superior to the other in certain situations.

Many people invest into one system and get insulted when someone suggests that their system just may not be the best in some situation. That is where the bias is.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom