Need Help Pricing Curtains

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Ok, cleaning large church/school today and they ask me to clean the large (40X16) curtains that are on their stage. I don't usually do curtains but I told them I would (didn't want them to have to call anyone else). This will entail a Prevac because they are very dirty! Then prespray and clean. Looks like it will take 2-3 hrs. Price by sf or LF?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Billy when it's something like that we would just give them a price without an explanation of how we arrived at it. For example "It will be $360.00 to clean them."

We would take into account the time and materials and arrive at a price. Is it one man or two? What is your target goal per hour cleaning carpet? I might add a little more per hour, since the risk is higher than carpet and so should be the reward.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Thanks Richard, I went and got the lady after 2 hours of vacuuming to let her inspect them (honestly by that point Ididn't even want to clean them, cuz my arms were falling off) $300. to vacummn and clean 5 little spots. I think it would honesty take 4-6 hours to clean correctly. She was happy with how they looked after just being vacummned.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Glad it worked out for you. Most of the soil on the is just dust.

We usually spend the majority on vacuuming followed by a OMS spray and wipe with a terry towel. PPE and safety precautions too of course!

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
We use to charge $1 per pleat back when shag carpet was still common.

In todays dollars i imagine that would be a minimum of $5 per pleat and up.

I think dry cleaning laundry services still offer drapery cleaning too.

John Watson

Stage drapes are a total differant story compared to House hold drapes. Insurance rates go crazy for any job over 8 feet off the floor. If your employee or someone else gets hurt, bye bye if no coverage... Be thankfull you just vacced. Clean and not replace the FR is also a sueable offence. Last stage drapes that size we did was $2500.00 and that included replacing the FR. We would get 5-600 just for vaccing and that was what we did 70% of the time. We have also used the Dry Dry Drapery cleaning process which would not harm the FR so it didn't need to be replaced.

PSSSST Little known secret, No drapery in-plant machine big enough to handle these.
Cost aprox 12-20,000 to replace plus labor

FR = Approved fire/flame Retardent.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I brought some home from a school to clean. They had white blotches all over them from hanging to close to a block wall. I called the company that makes them and they said that is the flame retardant coming off. Don't wet them at all. They need to be replaced.

Able 1

Name
Keith
KevinL said:
I brought some home from a school to clean. They had white blotches all over them from hanging to close to a block wall. I called the company that makes them and they said that is the flame retardant coming off. Don't wet them at all. They need to be replaced.

X2
There is a local cleaning company I know of that just paid $2,000 to replace one...

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Thanks John for the heads up! Now I'm even more glad that we just vacuumed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom