Need help with 870 chem injection.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Looks like the O Ring on the high pressure side is chewed up. I’ll flip it around and get through this job.

DC972394-6086-4BDB-A642-EC7C646769E1.jpeg

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Sweet.....thats like the check valves being stuck open..its allowing it to blow by and not building pressure..

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Sweet.....thats like the check valves being stuck open..its allowing it to blow by and not building pressure..
Yeah, I have been getting blow by when the switch was turned to the off position. The shuttle would just slightly vibrate. That would explain why.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Likely a tiny air leak.
@Justin Stockwell has this machine.

If it is an air leak, it's most likely not a hose. It's probably a brass piece like an elbow or hose barb(like behind dwyer meter). Over time water and/or chems eat away at the brass right by the threads(thinnest area).

Prime hose back to the dwyer meter, hose going into meter(bottom) is the one that fails. Check it!

I've unfortunately replaced just about every piece possible at lest twice. I used a certain rinse a while back and would eat the brass in 3-5 months!

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I wish just one time in my life I could make a post without having to go back and correct typos! It sucks having fat fingers.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
@Jim Martin, after looking at the diagram you posted, I am missing one Oring completely. The low pressure side is totally dissolved. Glad I bought a few extras. This was my first time getting into one of these pumps. I appreciate the help.

Reactions: Jim Martin

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Wouldn't car part stores like summits racing carry the o rings?..they are usually rated high pressure/temperature resistance

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Damn guys. I decided to check my diaphragm tonsee how it looks. It looked a little roaches and about to go out. I got 1400 hours out of this thing so I can’t complain. Glad I ordered a new one last night. It’s still working but looks like it could give up any minute.

D831E4CC-C7BB-4E20-A842-33D01A2EF1CC.jpeg

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I put it back together and now its not working again! Ugh! I think I also crushed a check valve plastic housing when putting it back together. I think they are okay because they passed the suck test. Going to see if I can get new parts today.

Last edited:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I just ordered a check valve kit. $34 and $22 two-day shipping. My local guy only has the diaphragm without the lip. I'm going to try tha until my new one arrives. I should have never taken it apart to check it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom